Star Trek TV & Film

Star Trek: The Original Series

Genres: Action, Adventure, Mystery
Rating: TV-G
Running Time: 50 minutes per episode
Number of Seasons: 3
Number of Episodes: 79
Vintage: September 8, 1966 - June 3, 1969
Plot Summary: Captain James T. Kirk and the crew of the Starship Enterprise explore the galaxy and defend the United Federation of Planets.

IMDb Page

Wikipedia Page

Star Trek: The Animated Series

Genres: Animation, Action, Adventure
Rating: TV-Y7
Running Time: 30min per episode
Number of Seasons: 2
Number of Episodes: 22
Vintage: September 8, 1973 – October 12, 1974
Plot Summary: The further adventures of Captain James T. Kirk and the crew of the USS Enterprise, as they explore the galaxy and defend the United Federation of Planets.

IMDb Page

Wikipedia Page

Star Trek: The Motion Picture

Genres: Sci-Fi
Rating: PG
Running Time: 2h 12min
Vintage: December 7, 1979
Plot Summary: When an alien spacecraft of enormous power is spotted approaching Earth, Admiral Kirk resumes command of the Starship Enterprise in order to intercept, examine and hopefully stop the intruder.

IMDb Page

Wikipedia Page

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

Genres: Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi
Running Time: 1h 53min
Vintage: June 4, 1982
Plot Summary: With the assistance of the Enterprise crew, Admiral Kirk must stop an old nemesis, Khan Noonien Singh, from using the life-generating Genesis Device as the ultimate weapon.

IMDb Page

Wikipedia Page

Star Trek III: The Search for Spock

Running Time: 1h 45min
Vintage: June 1, 1984
Plot Summary: Admiral Kirk and his bridge crew risk their careers stealing the decommissioned Enterprise to return to the restricted Genesis planet to recover Spock’s body.

IMDb Page

Wikipedia Page

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home

Genres: Action, Comedy, Sci-Fi
Running Time: 1h 59min
Vintage: November 26, 1986
Plot Summary: To save Earth from an alien probe, Admiral Kirk and his fugitive crew go back in time to 20th century Earth to retrieve the only beings who can communicate with it, humpback whales.

IMDb Page

Wikipedia Page

Star Trek: The Next Generation

Rating: TV-PG
Running Time: 44 min per episode
Number of Seasons: 7
Number of Episodes: 178
Vintage: September 28, 1987 – May 23, 1994
Plot Summary: Set decades after Captain Kirk’s five-year mission, a new generation of Starfleet officers set off in a new Enterprise on their own mission to go where no one has gone before.

IMDb Page

Wikipedia Page

Star Trek V: The Final Frontier

Running Time: 1h 47min
Vintage: June 9, 1989
Plot Summary: Captain Kirk and his crew must deal with Mr. Spock’s long-lost half-brother who hijacks the Enterprise for an obsessive search for God at the center of the galaxy.

IMDb Page

Wikipedia Page

Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country

Running Time: 1h 53min
Vintage: December 6, 1991
Plot Summary: On the eve of retirement, Kirk and McCoy are charged with assassinating the Klingon High Chancellor and imprisoned. The Enterprise crew must help them escape to thwart a conspiracy aimed at sabotaging the last best hope for peace.

IMDb Page

Wikipedia Page

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Genres: Action, Adventure, Drama
Running Time: 45 min per episode
Number of Episodes: 176
Vintage: January 3, 1993 – June 2, 1999
Plot Summary: Orbiting the liberated planet of Bajor, a Federation space station guards the opening of a stable wormhole to the far side of the galaxy.

IMDb Page

Wikipedia Page

Star Trek: Generations

Running Time: 1h 58min
Vintage: November 18, 1994
Plot Summary: Captain Picard, with the help of supposedly dead Captain Kirk, must stop a madman willing to murder on a planetary scale in order to enter an energy ribbon.

IMDb Page

Wikipedia Page

Star Trek: Voyager

Running Time: 45 min per episode
Number of Episodes: 172
Vintage: January 16, 1995 – May 23, 2001
Plot Summary: Pulled to the far side of the galaxy, where the Federation is 75 years away at maximum warp speed, a Starfleet ship must cooperate with Maquis rebels to find a way home.

IMDb Page

Wikipedia Page

Star Trek: First Contact

Rating: PG-13
Running Time: 1h 51min
Vintage: November 22, 1996
Plot Summary: The Borg go back in time intent on preventing Earth’s first contact with an alien species. Captain Picard and his crew pursue them to ensure that Zefram Cochrane makes his maiden flight reaching warp speed.

IMDb Page

Wikipedia Page

Star Trek: Insurrection

Running Time: 1h 43min
Vintage: December 11, 1998
Plot Summary: When the crew of the Enterprise learn of a Federation conspiracy against the inhabitants of a unique planet, Captain Picard begins an open rebellion.

IMDb Page

Wikipedia Page

Star Trek: Enterprise

Running Time: 42 min per episode
Number of Seasons: 4
Number of Episodes: 98
Vintage: September 26, 2001 – May 13, 2005
Plot Summary: A century before Captain Kirk’s five-year mission, Jonathan Archer captains Earth ship Enterprise NX-01 during the early years of Starfleet leading up to the formation of the Federation and the Earth-Romulan War.

IMDb Page

Wikipedia Page

Star Trek: Nemesis

Running Time: 1h 56min
Vintage: December 13, 2002
Plot Summary: The Enterprise is diverted to the Romulan homeworld Romulus, supposedly because they want to negotiate a peace treaty.

IMDb Page

Wikipedia Page

Star Trek (2009 film)

Running Time: 2h 7min
Vintage: May 8, 2009
Plot Summary: The brash James T. Kirk tries to live up to his father’s legacy with Commander Spock keeping him in check as a vengeful, time-traveling Romulan creates black holes to destroy the Federation one planet at a time.

IMDb Page

Wikipedia Page

Star Trek Into Darkness

Running Time: 2h 12min
Vintage: May 16, 2013
Plot Summary: After the crew of the Enterprise find an unstoppable force of terror from within their own organization, Captain Kirk leads a manhunt to a war-zone world to capture a one-man weapon of mass destruction.

IMDb Page

Wikipedia Page

Star Trek Beyond

Running Time: 2h 2min
Vintage: July 22, 2016
Plot Summary: After stopping off at Starbase Earhart, a remote outpost on the fringes of Federation space, the USS Enterprise, halfway into their five-year mission, is destroyed by a powerful, unstoppable wave of unknown aliens. With the crew stranded on a unknown planet and with no apparent means of rescue, they find themselves in conflict with a new ruthless enemy who has a well-earned hatred of the Federation and what it stands for.

IMDb Page

Wikipedia Page

Star Trek: Discovery (2017 TV series)

F2D823FA-CBC5-4B4E-ACB2-DA37375F1F39

Genres: Sci-Fi
Rating: TV-MA
Running Time: 60 minutes per episode
Number of Episodes: 29
Vintage: September 24, 2017 – present (CBS All-Access)
Plot Summary: Set roughly ten years before the events of Star Trek: The Original Series, the show sees the united Klingon houses in a war with the United Federation of Planets that involves the crew of the USS Discovery.

IMDb Page

Wikipedia Page

Star Trek: Picard

Number of Episodes: 20
Vintage: January 23, 2020 (CBS All-Access)

IMDb Page

Wikipedia Page

‘Star Trek Beyond’ to Have World Premiere at Comic-Con International

Saturday, May 21st, 2016 at 5:57am PST

Saturday, May 21st, 2016 at 1:14pm PST

May 17 2013

Enjoyed the first one. Gotta see ID.

[quote=“Snowy Stampede” post=131074]May 17 2013

Enjoyed the first one. Gotta see ID.[/quote]

I wonder if Zachary Quinto has learned to do the Vulcan Salute without having to glue his fingers together since the last movie. :laugh: :laugh:

I’ll probably end up seeing this, despite the lame title, though I still don’t think that the new Kirk/Spock/Sulu come close to capturing the dynamic they had in TOS.

Though I think my biggest issue is the lack of gravitas from the actors in their speaking, the lack of definite, dramatic diction. Shatner was dramatic, new Kirk sounds like a “boy hero” stereotype to my ears in contrast. Leonard Nimoy could say the cheesiest lines ever in TOS and it would work as he embued his lines with seriousness and gave a properly dramatic delivery. Quinto doesn’t do that. He also doesn’t have the Terry Pratchett-style eyebrow raise that Nimoy has.

This, and the 2009 movie, had much better CG than many other movies IMO. CG used only with other CG, and doesn’t try to integrate real props/actors (eg:spaceship battles), doesn’t present that much of an issue with me, unless it looks really dated. I maintain that models augmented with CG is the way to go (it is more “future-proof”, having seen the later star trek series rereleases) but the 2009 movie’s CG was largely serviceable IMO.

Despite my gripes, I still enjoyed the first one. Best IMAX movie I’ve ever seen, the BD just isn’t the same :smiley:

In theaters 5/17

Saw Star Trek Into Darkness with my wife and oldest son last night.

I for one was satisfied with how the references to Classic Trek were handled.

I’m not sure that I saw the same movie as Zak at ANN did, not the first time that has happened.

Mark Gosdin

**Star Trek Stars Sign on for Possible 4th Film**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFnHXO5k5cw

**J.J. Abrams Admits to Star Trek Into Darkness Problems**

http://youtu.be/rvjH0XvVmhw

**Star Trek Beyond Reshoots Next Week, Adds X-Men Actress**

http://youtu.be/u1xIBnMsmd8

Star Trek Beyond Official Trailer #1 (2016) - Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sml23ogwy4w

New Star Trek Showrunner!

CBS is still paywalling this? They’ve got time on their broadcast rotation for this. :frowning:

I’m not too familiar with this new showrunner, but he has to be better than Berman, right?

1 Like

New Star Trek TV Series Rumored to Be Set Before ‘The Next Generation’

###CBS Releases Teaser Trailer, Logo for 2017’s New “Star Trek” TV Series
May 18, 2016

Friday, May 20th, 2016 at 10:03pm PST

New ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Poster Highlights Pine’s Captain Kirk, Boutella’s Jaylah & More

Tuesday, May 24th, 2016 at 10:48am PST

LOOK: First ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Character Posters Feature Dr. McCoy & Jaylah

Wednesday, May 25th, 2016 at 12:28pm PST

LOOK: New ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Character Posters Spotlight Spock & Chekov

Thursday, May 26th, 2016 at 9:45am PST

Thursday, May 26th, 2016 at 10:58am PST

May 26, 2016 @ 12:12 PM

LOOK: New ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Character Posters Spotlight Uhura, Scotty & Sulu

Monday, May 30th, 2016 at 9:19am PST

Monday, May 30th, 2016 at 3:02pm PST

LOOK: Kirk & Krall Face Front in New ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Character Posters

Tuesday, May 31st, 2016 at 11:43am PST

Tuesday, May 31st, 2016 at 6:48pm PST

CBS’s ‘Star Trek’ Revival Adds Another Franchise Vet to Writing Staff

Saturday, June 4th, 2016 at 1:16pm PST

Barbie marks ‘Star Trek’s’ 50th with Kirk, Spock and Uhura dolls

June 6, 2016 @ 9:05 AM

Canada releases new ‘Star Trek’ coins for 50th anniversary

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2016/06/canada-releases-new-star-trek-coins-for-50th-anniversary/
June 8, 2016 @ 6:53 PM