E3 News & Notes

All briefings now with videos for your enjoyment. I’ll likely update if more trailers cross.

If only Nintendo would just put their stuff on Steam. Some of this stuff looks interesting but not interesting enough to inspire me to buy the console.

While watching E3 I noticed this little gem for ID@Xbox called “Cuphead.”

I enjoyed the newest South Park: Stick Of Truth game because I felt like I was playing an actual episode. This arcade-like game(Cuphead) is done in a 1930’s Disney style cartoon animation so I’m really interested in this.

**Cuphead E3 2014 Trailer

CUPHEAD - Teaser Trailer

Nintendo has the most interesting stuff for me this year. I’m looking forward to Hyrule Warriors in September, and of course, I’m looking forward to Zelda, Smash Brothers, and Star Fox. Most importantly though, I’m looking forward to Splatoon, which to me is pretty neat because it’s an actual new IP from Nintendo, instead of it being another Mario game or something.

Nintendo’s always been my point of interest at E3. Their titles have always appealed to me, but I guess that’s mainly due to my ‘kid-at-heart’ attitude, tykes.

My opinion in spoiler tag, since I don’t like long messages.

[spoiler]I can definitely say that I am looking forward to Hyrule Warriors even more than ever. Any characters that you are looking forward to? Judging by Midna and Impa both being in the same place at the same time, I’m looking forward to more crossovers. It may be a shot in the dark… but I’d really like to see Byrne from Spirit Tracks. That guy was awesome, tykes.

Smash 2014, though… I’m curious about Palutena. She had WAY too many skills. Twitch comments kept calling her OP, but I have a feeling that her skills will be customizable. I’m still anticipating Rosalina, though… @_@ (Seriously, though, no Ness? I feel hurt…)

Oh, and my Mii Fighter… I’m going to balance it out with the Swordfighter, as usual. (tykes, tykes)

But, the game that I’m looking forward to most of all would definitely have to be Xenoblade Chronicles X. It’s funny, though, because I remember hearing that Project X would have nothing to do with Xenoblade, and yet I knew that wasn’t true.

Also… watered down Robot Chicken animations… I loved them to death, but Fils-Aime’s ‘Professional’ voice really ruined it for me. (tykes…) [/spoiler]

And MFG, Fantasy Life is to die for. I can only hope that it’s able to connect with others, 'cause that will be one wild ride. LEVEL-5 never disappoints with RPGs- I’ll always hold Dragon Quest IX in high regard. (tykes, tykes)

Now, I would LOVE to hear more NIS/Disgaea news, tykes, timber.

Whoa, what’s this about no Ness in the next SSB? That’s a game killer.

I don’t really know what this “Palutena” character is (Nintendo can bring back characters from a game that the current generation of Nintendo gamers are too young to know but they could carry over Dr. Mario?!) but I know that in-game it doesn’t live up to the SHAFT anime intro for the character.

Every time Nintendo doesn’t carry over characters from one installment of SSB to the next a kitten dies.

They just released a Kid Icarus game a couple years ago, and she was in Brawl as part of Pit’s final smash, so I’m sure people are plenty familiar with Palutena.

Nintendo Treehouse: Demo Coverage - Day 1

[E3 2014] Captain Toad : Treasure Tracker DEMO TREEHOUSE

Nintendo Treehouse: Live @ E3 2014 – Day 1: Splatoon

Nintendo Treehouse: Live @ E3 2014 – Day 1: Shigeru Miyamoto (Giant Robot/Project Guard)

Nintendo Treehouse: Live @ E3 2014 – Day 1: Xenoblade Chronicles X

Nintendo Treehouse: Live @ E3 2014 – Day 1: Hyrule Warriors

[E3 2014} Mario Maker (New Game Wii U) Demo Treehouse[/b]
http://youtu.be/MPMiLBJoF1A

Nintendo Treehouse: Demo Coverage - Day 2

**Fantasy Life
Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition
Swords & Soldiers II
Affordable Space Adventures
Shovel Knight
Super Smash Bros (Wii U) - Part I
Pushmo World
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
Yoshi’s Woolly World
Project Giant Robot
Bayonetta (re-release)
Super Smash Bros. (3DS) - Part I
Mario Maker
Mario Party 10
Super Smash Bros. (Wii U) - Part II
Mario vs. Donkey Kong (Wii U)
Captain Toad Treasure Tracker (Part II)
Splatoon (Part II)
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85vuE5xFr4c
Nintendo Treehouse Live @ E3 - Fantasy Life
http://youtu.be/85vuE5xFr4c

Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition Nintendo Treehouse Walkthrough

Nintendo Treehouse Live @ E3 - Swords & Soldiers 2

Nintendo Treehouse Live @ E3 - Affordable Space Adventures

Nintendo Treehouse Live @ E3 - Shovel Knight

Super Smash Bros Wii U In-Depth Demo Part 1 Nintendo Treehouse @ E3

Nintendo Treehouse Live @ E3 - Pushmo World

Nintendo Treehouse Live @ E3 - Kirby and the Rainbow Curse

Nintendo Treehouse Live @ E3 - Bayonetta 2

Nintendo Treehouse: Live @ E3 2014 – Day 2: Yoshi’s Woolly World

Nintendo Treehouse Live @ E3 - Project Giant Robot

Nintendo Treehouse Live @ E3 - Bayonetta 1

Super Smash Bros 3DS In-Depth Demo Part 1 Nintendo Treehouse @ E3

Nintendo Treehouse: Live @ E3 2014 – Day 2: Mario Maker

Nintendo Treehouse Live @ E3 - Mario Party 10

Nintendo Treehouse Live @ E3 - Super Smash Bros. for Wii U round 2

Nintendo Treehouse Live @ E3 - Mario vs. Donkey Kong Wii U

Nintendo Treehouse: Live @ E3 2014 – Day 2: Splatoon (Part 2)

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate: E3 Demo Gameplay + Interview

[/spoiler]

If history is anything to go by, Ness will be announced when they start talking about the hidden characters that don’t appear when you first start the game and need to unlock everyone. Ness is NEVER talked about officially until after the game is released.

More specifically, Shigeru Miyamoto announced this during his Project demos on Day 1.

From http://epn.tv/all/type-of/news/new-star-fox-game-announced/

[size=6]Nintendo Confirms Star Fox for Wii U[/size]

[quote]Do a barrel roll, because Nintendo saved one of their biggest E3 announcements for last.

Today during the Nintendo Treehouse Live at E3 show, Nintendo’s Shigeru Miyamoto confirmed that a new Star Fox game is in the works for the Wii U. No footage of the game was unveiled, but according to a recent interview with Time magazine, players will use the GamePad’s motion controls to aim and shoot. Like the other Star Fox space combat games, you’ll be able to morph your Arwing into a land-based tank, and there’s an all-new vehicle mode that also allows you to turn your craft into a helicopter.

The new Star Fox game will take flight on the Wii U next year. This will be the first original game in the iconic series since Star Fox Command was released on the DS back in 2006, although a remake of Star Fox 64 was released on the 3DS in 2012.

Nintendo hinted that a Star Fox announcement would be coming during their E3 media event earlier today.

Shigeru Miyamoto announced that he’s overseeing two other new games. The first has the working title Project Giant Robot, and as the name implies, players will take the role of giant robots with the goal of knocking each other down. Think of it as Sumo wrestling, but with giant robots.

The second new game from Miyamoto is called Project Guard. It’s kind of like a tower defence game where players defend a base from invading robots by setting up different laser-firing security cameras in strategic locations. The concept for the game was actually developed during the Nintendo 64 days, but Nintendo says they couldn’t get it to work until now thanks to the hardware of the Wii U.[/quote]

I’m concerned that Nintendo couldn’t get a game working on their own hardware. That kinda makes a case that the Wii U’s design was a bad idea.

It doesn’t fill me with confidence that Nintendo’s big announcement was for a tower defense game, a “rock 'em sock 'em robots”-ish game and to say that work on a new Star Fox has at least started. Hasn’t it been 9 years since the last new Star Fox game on a console?

i read that Sony had worked on making all ps4 games playable through remote play on the PSVita unlike with the PS3.

It’s that time of the year again where it’s time to get excited about all the upcoming game announcements. Sound off on your expectations and what you’re hoping to see during the major press conferences and also feel free to post your thoughts during and after as well.

Speaking mostly for the “PRE-GAME” portion, you may post videos as long as their E3’ 15 related.

Speaking of press conferences, they’re getting supersized this time around. 2 additional companies throwing their hats into the arena this year. Bethesda (first ever) and Square Enix (first dedicated conference since 2012).

Here’s the schedule.

E3 2015 Press Conference Schedule

Sunday, June 14
•Bethesda - 6:30 PM PDT

Monday, June 15
•Microsoft - 9:30 AM PDT
•Electronic Arts - 1 PM PDT
•Ubisoft - 3 PM PDT
•Sony - 6 PM PDT

Tuesday, June 16
•Nintendo - 9 AM PDT
•Square Enix - 10 AM PDT
•PC Gaming Show - 5 PM PDT

REMINDER: Eastern time is 3 hours later.

Source: Gamespot

Can’t wait to see what they’re bringing out this year!

Nintendo is the only one I really care about as far as those press conferences go.

One of the things I’m expecting from Nintendo this year are more exclusive games to be announced for the New Nintendo 3DS XL. I’m also curious about their Indie lineup and whether we’ll hear ANYTHING about Treasurenauts. Renegade Kid’s website still had it listed for a 2015 release so fingers crossed.

E3 '15 - Spotlight: Bethesda

-Doom single-player demo + “Welcome to Hell” gameplay

• Doom Multiplayer: Arena-Style combat in locations like UAC Facilities on Mars to the Depths of Hell. Modes like Domination, Freeze Tag and Clan Arena.
  • Doom Snapmap: In-Game tool where you can design, play & share your own maps.
    -BattleCry- Fall 2015
  • Battlecry Beta Sign Up
    -Dishonored 2 Announcement trailer
    *Dishonored: Definitive Edition- (All content, remastered)- Fall 2015
    -The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited coming to PS4 & Xbox One. - Available Now
    -The Elder Scrolls Legends (Strategy Card Game) - Free-to-Play on iPad and PC "Later This Year

[details=Fallout 4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7QK_yEgsV0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5H7Qq8quKg[/details]- November 10, 2015

• Design your Male or (now playable Female) character by Sculpting
  • Numerous Weapon Modifications
  • Modify Armor
  • Give dog commands
  • Biggest game world ever in Downtown Boston
  • Brand New Pipboy (Play games and listen to Cassette Tapes)
  • In-Game Crafting
    -Fallout 4 Collectors Edtion to come with real-life Pipboy. iPhone Pipboy app also announced.
    -Fallout Shelter (iPhone game Available Now)

E3 '15 - Spotlight: Microsoft

-Halo 5: Guardians demo