E3 News & Notes

redshirt1 wrote:

They’re already that low. Samsung - 40" Class / 1080p / 240Hz / 3D LED-LCD HDTV w/3-D blu-ray player and starter kit is $1799.99 at Best Buy this week. Nice to get the 3-D Blu-ray player with it.
Slick

slickwolfie wrote:

[quote]
They’re already that low. Samsung - 40" Class / 1080p / 240Hz / 3D LED-LCD HDTV w/3-D blu-ray player and starter kit is $1799.99 at Best Buy this week. Nice to get the 3-D Blu-ray player with it.
Slick[/quote]

You mine as well buy a PS3 instead of a blue ray player, they arent as much of a pain to work, much less expensive and will be getting the 3D update in a little bit.

3DTV! *FALLS ON FLOOR LAUGHING

Hentai wrote:

[quote]Nintendo 3DS, day 1 purchase.

There were a lot of 3DS games they didn’t actually announce during the presentations, but instead put up on http://e3.nintendo.com/3ds/, like:

Animal Crossing
Mario Kart
Paper Mario
Starfox 64 3D
Professor Layton[/quote]

To add on they’ll have many more franchises coming on the 3DS as well like:
Metal Gear Solid
Splinter Cell
Assassin’s Creed
Resident Evil
Batman
Ghost Recon
Pilotwings Resort (I’m guessing that’s the game name)

Nintendo stole E3’10 bottom line! I read some of the tweets people posted and one of them said “Nintendo has gained back my respect.” Ain’t that the truth.

Please be sure to direct yourself to the press conferences for the current batch of release dates because this list is NOT going to include those.
Here are some other games and their “mostly vague” release windows.

Dead Rising 2: Fall 2010
Twisted Metal: 2011
Rock Band 3: Holiday 2010
Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of 2 Worlds: Spring 2011
Driver: San Francisco: Holiday 2010
Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock: Fall 2010
DJ Hero 2: October 19 2010
Little Big Planet 2: November 23 2010
Red Faction: Armageddon: March 2011
God of War: Ghost of Sparta: Holiday 2010
Fallout: New Vegas: October 19 2010
Rage: 2011
Gran Turismo 5: November 2 2010
Star Wars The Force Unleashed II: October 26 2010
True Crime: Fall 2010
Ghost Trick Phantom Detective: Winter 2010
OkamiDen: 2011
Bionic Commando Rearmed 2: Q1 2011
Gears of War 3: April 8 2011
WWE All-Stars: Spring 2011
Lucha Libre AAA Heroes of the Ring: August 10 2010
Spec Ops The Line: 2011
Civilization V: September 21 2010
XCOM: 2011
Brink: Spring 2011

More to come as E3’10 concludes.

redshirt1 wrote:

Why do that when Nintendo’s little angels bring 3D to your hands (no gimmicks/glasses) for less than $200 and get WAY more than anybody ever anticipated. Screw this other monsterous wallet spewing cash bullsh.

Assassin’s Creed? Gonna love the Wall Climb move for that one…

I desperately want the new 360.

Make it so!

Don’t do it, it eats games!

I for one give the Konami conference a S+ for creativity. Shit was all over the place, nothing made sense, awesome engrish everywheres, stupid glee stuff, CASTLEVANIAS, SILENT HILLS, and of course awesome tall man with hat and staged Kinnect video.

GO KONAMI, you saved E3!

Rai wrote:

[quote]Don’t do it, it eats games!

I for one give the Konami conference a S+ for creativity. Shit was all over the place, nothing made sense, awesome engrish everywheres, stupid glee stuff, CASTLEVANIAS, SILENT HILLS, and of course awesome tall man with hat and staged Kinnect video.

GO KONAMI, you saved E3![/quote]

There were silent hills?!?!??!

Ahmigad!

I have to go watch…!

Totally, like…fifty of them. Don’t forget to watch super excited happy funtime dance man! He was the absolute best hahah.

My daughter just got a used x-box(w/Gears of War 1, Army of 2, Left for Dead, Lego Batman(very fun game) and a couple more games I can’t recall) from a family member as a gift for her graduation. It plays and looks great, so it was a nice gift. Since she got it, I’m going to seriously think about getting Gears of War 3. It looks awesome, and I can’t wait to play the first one. Now I have just about every console(psp is broken though) and want to hear everyones pick for #1 game unveiled at E3.
Slick.

For me it would definitely be Twisted Metal. I remember having so much fun with Twisted Metal Black on the PS2 with my buddies. Hopefully they’ll have some sort of team mechanic in the multiplayer. Most all of the Wii’s game reveals interest me too…now to get a wii haha.

Mainly because of my fanism, but I am psyched for the release of Zelda: Skyward Sword. I cant wait to hold my wiimote combo like an actual sword and shield and launch the beetle around so I can see what new graphics (if there are any, lol) are seen through the scenery… (tykes…)

I also want to see the new Okami, tykes…

My favorite game of E3 would definitely go to MGS: Rising. Looking great so far and I can’t wait till we can get our hands on it.

My favorite reveal for this E3? That’s a tough one, cause none of the new game reveals really got me crazy excited. I suppose I would have to go with Infamous 2 though. I never got to play Infamous yet, but when I get a PS3 that will likely be the first game I play on it.

Did anyone else notice the lack of some titles at this E3 again? For example, Rockstar’s two games ‘Agent’ and ‘LA Noir’. Also, The Last Guardian and FF Versus XIII; The latter of which I am starting to think might be vaporware. D:

Rai wrote:

I wasn’t able to see any game play, and only saw the taxi commercial, but this title could be great. I remember playing the original for 3 months straight. One of my favorite PS 1 titles of all time was Twisted Metal(along with Tomb Raider, Wipeout, Resident Evil and NHL).

Timber wrote:

[quote]Mainly because of my fanism, but I am psyched for the release of Zelda: Skyward Sword. I cant wait to hold my wiimote combo like an actual sword and shield and launch the beetle around so I can see what new graphics (if there are any, lol) are seen through the scenery… (tykes…)

I also want to see the new Okami, tykes…[/quote]

I saw the demo and was a little disappointed. The game was very choppy. They blamed it on wireless devices in the audience, but I have my doubts. It is still in development, so it can also be a great title.
Slick

Dead Space 2, hands down. I just beat the first one the other day. Then went through and beat impossible mode with just the Plasma Cutter. One of the most gruesome games I’ve ever played, and an ending that… ya know?

Rai wrote:

Twisted Metal was pretty sweet, I remember playing the first one for hours on end. The favorite level always had me uneasy because you could fall off the edge of the buildings so easily.

The game I’m most excited about is LoZ: Skyward Sword, hands-down. The level they demoed at E3 looked really neat, like some kind of stage from an Alice in Wonderland game.

Also, for slickwolfie and anyone else skeptical about the game’s technology, here’s a video of someone playing the game on the E3 floor:

I was skeptical at first as well, but it makes sense that the Wiimote wouldn’t work. It goes off the infrared light given off from the sensor bars, but any infrared will do. Miyamoto was facing the audience during the presentation, so any cameras that used infrared light to take pictures were messing it up. If he’s been facing away from everyone, this wouldn’t have been a problem, but he may not have considered that as inviting.

Well if they work on the range of the remote I could see that being great.

I cant stop being amazed by it, tykes. I love how you can confuse the door guard by spinning the sword around it…

The scenery looks a little Wind Waker-ish, and they brought back Deku Scrubs! (tykes!)