E3 News & Notes

Hentai wrote:

[quote]Rai wrote:

Twisted Metal was pretty sweet, I remember playing the first one for hours on end. The favorite level always had me uneasy because you could fall off the edge of the buildings so easily.

The game I’m most excited about is LoZ: Skyward Sword, hands-down. The level they demoed at E3 looked really neat, like some kind of stage from an Alice in Wonderland game.

Also, for slickwolfie and anyone else skeptical about the game’s technology, here’s a video of someone playing the game on the E3 floor:

I was skeptical at first as well, but it makes sense that the Wiimote wouldn’t work. It goes off the infrared light given off from the sensor bars, but any infrared will do. Miyamoto was facing the audience during the presentation, so any cameras that used infrared light to take pictures were messing it up. If he’s been facing away from everyone, this wouldn’t have been a problem, but he may not have considered that as inviting.[/quote]

Your right. It looked much better on the floor demo than it did at Miyamoto’s presentation.
Slick

Bodycount: February 2011
FEAR 3: Fall 2010
Pirates of the Caribbean: Armada of the Damned: 2011
Tron: Evolution: Fall 2010
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West: October 2010
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Fall 2010
Comic Jumper: 2010 "sometime"
Blacklight Tango Down: Unannounced
Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Late 2010
Def Jam Rapstar: October 5 2010
Kung Fu Live: Late 2010
El Shaddai: Winter 2011
Madden NFL 11: August 10 2010
Vanquish: October 2010
Super Scribblenauts: Fall 2010
Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom: Fall 2010
Child of Eden: Q1 2011

This made me laugh.

He’s at fault for moving the console ,but still MS left out bumpers that would cost about 25 cents more per console that would have made it more unlikely to happen.
Also looking at the dissection it looks like MS is still using the cheaper X-clamps that was more less part of the causes of the RROD on the original 360’s. Though the new heatsink look like it should compensate for the heat so it should be a lot less likely.
Inside the new 360.
http://www.anandtech.com/show/3774/welcome-to-valhalla-inside-the-new-250gb-xbox-360-slim/

Idiot. It’s people like him that make me cringe over buying used discs. DON’T TOUCH THE E3 HARDWARE!..[size=1]unless it’s a handheld.[/size]

The dates for E3 2011 have been announced. The convention will run from June 7-9.

Also now that E3 2010 is over I happened to skim over the notes from 2009 and was pretty shocked that Microsoft didn’t show off a demo on Crackdown 2 and Sony for not showing off more on The Last Guardian.

psychopuppet wrote:

[quote]This made me laugh.

He’s at fault for moving the console ,but still MS left out bumpers that would cost about 25 cents more per console that would have made it more unlikely to happen.
Also looking at the dissection it looks like MS is still using the cheaper X-clamps that was more less part of the causes of the RROD on the original 360’s. Though the new heatsink look like it should compensate for the heat so it should be a lot less likely.
Inside the new 360.
http://www.anandtech.com/show/3774/welcome-to-valhalla-inside-the-new-250gb-xbox-360-slim/[/quote]

I’m surprised that the disc scratched so easily. Kind of a bad way to do business. What if your kid bumps the console? Is it going to ruin the $60.00 game?
Slick

slickwolfie wrote:

[quote]psychopuppet wrote:

[quote]This made me laugh.

Inside the new 360.
http://www.anandtech.com/show/3774/welcome-to-valhalla-inside-the-new-250gb-xbox-360-slim/[/quote]

I’m surprised that the disc scratched so easily. Kind of a bad way to do business. What if your kid bumps the console? Is it going to ruin the $60.00 game?
Slick[/quote]

It appears so from what I am hearing MS leaving out those bumpers is not to bright when you consider the new console was built for the kinect which will probably involve a lot of movement which could offer quite a bit of shaking to the console. I know where I had mine and even quite heavy entertainment center where the Wii is when ever someone walks it shakes the stand. You can always download the games to the hard drive ,but people should not have to. What happens if you live near train tracks or in a earthquake rich area?

I gotta say, that dude was an idiot. Why would you pick up a working console and lean it sideways?

fillet wrote:

I’ve done it plenty of times with my Wii. Sometimes you need to move your console for some reason, and I’ve never had a disc get scratched. I’ve also done it with dvd players. I would hope that my $400.00 machine would protect my discs.
That said, I see no real reason to move my PS3 around. It has wireless remotes, and it also has wireless internet. I don’t see too many people moving around the X-Box, since it’s big and bulky like the PS3.
Slick

Hey, done it myself too. Had a Playstation that would only play discs while it was standing on its side. But a brand new Xbox360 at a demo?

fillet wrote:

You break it, you bought it. The first words I ever heard at a department store. Your right that you should never touch the merchandise. Especially a prototype.
Slick

And that guy was laughing like it was the funniest thing that ever happened! What about that disc he destroyed, that could’ve been, like, charity stuff!

I still like the part where multiple times my PS2 has fallen off a table while running and doesn’t scratch the disk or break. Admittedly, it was carpet, but they just don’t make 'em like they used to.

ZakuAce wrote:

No kidding, my Nintendo64 still works like a dream, just gotta brush all the dust off. Can’t think of all the crap that thing has been through.

Also reminds me of how few games are made without a difficulty level now as well. Miss how they made stuff like Perfect Dark, Mario 64, all that stuff without difficulty levels and if you couldn’t tough it out, too bad. Now you got easy mode and stuff like that, just isnt as fun as it once was.

MrBoomba wrote:

The same goes for my Super NES. That thing still works great after all these years. Nostalgia FTW!

fillet wrote:

Imagine how funny it would be if he was told from every retailer “We heard who you are and what you did at E3 and you’re not getting one now.” The expression would be priceless. :smiley:

That would be epic!

It has been about a week so I will finally say my thoughts on E3

1.Kinect looks dumb, it looked cooler last year
2.I want a 3DS
3.I want Skyward Sword.

That is all that needs to be said about E3

A couple more points associated with E3:

1. Reggie Fils-Aime told IndustryGamer that the 3DS will not be out any later than March 31 2011…so we’re looking at a Spring 2011 release here. Price is still silent.

2. The Conduit 2 will out by holiday 2010.

3. Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Miniland Mayhem (DS) out by holiday 2010

Since it has become a bit of a tradition of mine and because I am always excited for E3, here it is again! That’s right it’s that time of the year again and E3 is almost upon us. From June 5th to 7th will be the 2012 E3 with showings of what is to come (hopefully…) from Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo as well as a number of developers.
As of now the schedule looks to be:

[quote]
Monday, June 4

Microsoft - 9:30 AM PST

Electronic Arts - 1:00 PM PST

Ubisoft - 3:00 PM PST

Sony - 6:00 PM PST

Tuesday, June 5

Nintendo - 9:00 AM PST[/quote]

I do hope that we get to see some nice things this year instead of more motion controls and casual stuff (looking at you Microsoft <__< ).

Stay tuned here for more news and information as the show gets closer!

I don’t think we’ll see much at E3. Probably some games, more stuff about the Wii-U, and maybe, a slim chance Sony or M$ will reveal their new console, but from what I’ve heard, they aren’t planning on it.