Escaflowne (The Vision of Escaflowne) / Tenku no Escaflowne

No Tia Ballard?

Maybe Tipton can tone done the aspects of Merle that I’m not super fond of in the subbed version? This does offer a solid explanation for why Tipton wasn’t cast as the female lead though lol.

The new update has them making a for-retail collectors’ edition that sounds comparable with the inflated cost versions on KS. That’s more my speed, if I decide that I want this.

[size=16]Kickstarter: $250,000 stretch goal achieved + TWO Escaflowne dub cast announcements: Allen and Millerna![/size]
Mar 21, 2016

I’m really glad that Funimation is bringing it’s A game as far as casting goes. Haven’t been all that keen on Sonny Strait as director, but the cast is pretty much their best talent.

This is shaping up to be just like his Bahamut dub: all the right people in all the wrong places.

I really don’t see Sonny Strait as Allen. Strait isn’t exactly a weathered veteran director and now he’s going to not only direct but play the co-lead? I can’t recall any major Strait role where he didn’t sound like Krillin, which is the opposite of what Allen is.

Did he miss the memo? Allen was supposed to be Vic, to keep the “FMA Reunion dub” theme going :smiley:

Clink would have made a lot more sense as the elder princess. I think of Clink as either doing sassy roles or more demure roles, not high-energy, love-struck, sort of bubble-headed roles like this. Hopefully she’ll use her normal voice, instead of that “gruff” voice that she normal affects.

So, Tatum as the brother or Tatum as Dryden? R Bruce “old man” Eliot as the Emperor? :wink:

BTW, now that I’ve finished the show, how did the TV version of this handle Dilandau? Did they air the shirtless scene, or did they censor it out because it becomes weird by the end of the show?

The implications of that character are just creepy. The TV show also didn’t explain why that character was either like that or there to begin with.

[size=16]Kickstarter: Next Escaflowne dub cast announcement: Dryden![/size]
Mar 24, 2016

Eric Vale as Dryden? I can almost see it, but not quite. I could see him more as Allen.

While The Vale can do debonair type roles, I see him as the cocky-yet-capable quipster types, mostly because that’s what he’s played so frequently (I believe it was the Aesthetica commentary track where he commented on often playing “lovable [expletives]” lol).

[size=16]Kickstarter: Next Escaflowne dub cast announcement: Dilandau![/size]
Mar 27, 2016
Also Q&A

Joel McDonald as a character whose natural speaking voice in the sub is shrill enough to break glass? I just don’t get it. Maybe he can pull it off-I can’t recall any roles where he’s played the psychotic villain-but it’s gonna be weirder than when he played Jamie Marchi’s mom in Riddle Story of Devil.

That’s not very comforting to hear.

[size=16]Funimation’s Escaflowne Dub Casts Eric Vale, Joel McDonald[/size]
posted on 2016-03-29 04:00 EDT

###Kickstarter: Poster signings from Kawamori-san and Yuki-san + Release artwork + Cast announcements!
Mar 29, 2016
Folken, Eriya and Naria VAs announced

Funimation’s Escaflowne Dub Casts Vic Mignogna, Felecia Angelle, Michelle Rojas

posted on 2016-03-30 01:30 EDT

Vic as Folken?

BTW, in the show, there’s a scene where it looks like the cellular pager appears to allow communication from Earth to Gaea. Did I miss something, or did they never readdress that?

don’t think they ever did from what I remember?
True love knows no bounds maybe?
even between space and/or time?

###Mini-update: 6 hours left! Cast announcement for $300,000
Mar 30, 2016

###Funimation’s Escaflowne Dub Adds 6 Cast Members
posted on 2016-03-31 18:00 EDT
Kicksterter campaign ends with US$318,784

###Kickstarter: IT’S DONE!! THANK YOU to our final 2,058 backers!!
Mar 30, 2016

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/04/04-1/vision-of-escaflowne-hits-20th-anniversary-english-dub-announced-for-kickstarter-release
April 04, 2016 5:45pm CDT
FUNimation’s Kickstarter to fund an uncut HD release attracted 2,058 backers pledging $318,784 (exceeding the original $150,000 goal)

###Kickstarter: Submit your questions for the Escaflowne dub cast!
Apr 6, 2016

###Kickstarter: BackerKit surveys coming soon! + Important info about your on-disc credit listing!
Apr 14, 2016

Anime Expo 2016 - July 3, 2016
Funimation Panel

13:35:06 < bay|AX|FUNi > home video announcements
13:35:22 <bay|AX|FUNi> this was a new initiative we started a few months back and it was unique
13:35:26 <bay|AX|FUNi> the vision of escaflowne
13:35:30 <bay|AX|FUNi> street date 10/18/16
13:35:35 <bay|AX|FUNi> collectors edition - bluray
13:35:45 <bay|AX|FUNi> kickstart exclusive - part 1 bluray and dvd combo pack
13:35:53 <bay|AX|FUNi> part 1 - bluray and dvd combo pack
13:35:59 <bay|AX|FUNi> part 2 - bluray and dvd combo pack
13:36:05 <bay|AX|FUNi> movie - movie and dvd combo pack
13:36:13 <bay|AX|FUNi> all releases available for pre-order 7/15/16
13:36:25 <bay|AX|FUNi> (those are all separate releases)
13:36:30 <bay|AX|FUNi> collectors edition has both parts and the movie
13:36:36 <bay|AX|FUNi> it also has hitomi’s pendent
13:36:52 <bay|AX|FUNi> and a little of background on the kickstarter
13:37:00 <bay|AX|FUNi> one of the thing is that there isn’t bluray materials that existed
13:37:09 <bay|AX|FUNi> and with the bluray materials came extra materials that weren’t part of the original release
13:37:19 <bay|AX|FUNi> so in order to have a fully fleshed out release, we’d have to do a new dub
13:37:28 <bay|AX|FUNi> all of the releases will have the new dub and the original dub
13:37:42 <bay|AX|FUNi> we’ll take you through the releases
13:37:42 <bay|AX|FUNi> collectors
13:37:46 <bay|AX|FUNi> complete series
13:37:47 <bay|AX|FUNi> movie
13:37:53 <bay|AX|FUNi> hardcover 40 page art book
13:38:23 <bay|AX|FUNi> hitomi’s pendant
13:37:58 <bay|AX|FUNi> both version of dub
13:38:04 <bay|AX|FUNi> chipboard box
13:38:41 <bay|AX|FUNi> (tarot cards too…)
13:38:52 <bay|AX|FUNi> kickstart box… will get the hardcover rigid box that houses part 1 and 2
13:38:56 <bay|AX|FUNi> you can buy the individual parts
13:39:00 <bay|AX|FUNi> all contain both version of the dub

###Funimation Announces Release Details for Escaflowne
posted on 2016-07-03 16:48 EDT

###Funimation Previews Dubs for Escaflowne TV Series, Film in Videos
posted on 2016-08-18 14:45 EDT
DVD/Blu-rays slated for October 18 after successful Kickstarter

###Escaflowne Panel Q&A: Audience Questions Part 2
September 16, 2016