Flip Flappers

Q. Ohmygosh a Flip Flappers dub would be incredible! Then I could focus on its beautiful animation! I don’t know if you guys take online suggestions but that would be such a gift.

A. Suggestion noted. Thank you. No promises, but suggestion noted.

Q. Flip Flappers needs a dub! So does Chihiyafuru and Haikyuu, if you don’t mind : )

A. Suggestion noted. Thank you!

I wonder if making note of all these requests on their Ask account is their way of teasing a future dub announcement. :sunglasses:

This is something I wish for as well. The art is so beautiful, and it’s just a fun show in general.

If they do decide for a dub, I really hope Monica Rial can be in the cast. (More specifically as Papika with Luci Christian as Cocona, but I’m highly doubtful on that :sob:)

https://ask.fm/SentaiFilmworks/answers/140635923677

Q. Can I join the hypothetical Flip Flappers dub hype train?

A. Choo choo.

Anime Expo 2017 - July 1, 2017
Sentai Filmworks Panel

12:34:06 < bay|AX|Sentai> Flip Flappers dub

12:38:14 <bay|AX|Sentai> Q: Release date for Flip Flappers?
12:38:21 <bay|AX|Sentai> A: No release dates until they are set in stone

https://ask.fm/SentaiFilmworks/answers/141066849501

Q. CAN YOU GUYS PLS MAKE FLIP FLAPPERS MERCH THERE’S LITERALLY NO MERCH OF IT ANYWHERE

A. WHAT KIND OF MERCH YOU WAAAANT. :wink: But really. What kind?

So I just pre ordered the set, and noticed there isn’t any DVD for Flip Flappers. Is this the first series that is Blu Ray only?

(P.S. Rereleases like Big O don’t count)

1 Like

FLIP FLAPPERS Premium Box Set

10/25/2017 11:25:39 AM

Fall in love with Cocona and Papika all over again as they travel to Pure Illusion with this beautifully designed collector’s edition! Claim your copy of this limited edition FLIP FLAPPERS premium box set today!

BLU-RAY + ENGLISH DUB

The excitement is real! As announced in the 2017 #TheDubsAreComing announcement, this home video release will include the English dub of FLIP FLAPPERS. Additionally, this combo pack will contain of the clean opening animation and the clean closing animation. (Sing it with us: FLIP FLAP, FLIP FLAP…)

EXTRAS

There is something here for everyone whether you like to read books, appreciate art, or just want to know more about the production of FLIP FLAPPERS. We got you.

COLLECTORS' BOOKLET

With over 280+ pages, this box set-exclusive hardcover booklet has a lot of information! It has character bios, the production’s initial ideas on FLIP FLAPPERS, and interviews with the director. This booklet is a must-have for any die-hard fan of the series.

ART CARDS

These whimsical art cards highlight why we love the series: our favorite OTP, colorful backgrounds, and the surreal nature of the art.

BOOKMARK

For the Cocona in your life, this bookmark will remind you of your favorite girls. It’ll bring you a smile when you least expect it.

GET 10% OFF AT THE SENTAI SHOP

Get your FLIP FLAPPERS box set at the Sentai Shop before 11/26 11:59 PM CT and you’ll get an automatic 10% off! We can’t wait for February 2018 to get here.

1 Like

Complete Collection Cover/Disc Art

Blu-ray

1 Like

The art is nice on the standard edition too. Maybe I should pick up a copy so my friends can see the beauty of this magnificent series.

No way in H*** I’m loaning out my PBS of it :wink:

FLIP FLAPPERS ENGLISH DUB CAST LIST

1/16/2018 1:17:10 PM

Complete Collection Available February 27TH, 2018

Premium Box Set | Standard Edition

About Flip Flappers

As a middle school student, Cocona has been trying to decide what to do with her life. Magical Girl, however, wasn’t a career path that she’d ever considered. When suddenly a strange girl named Papika thrusts her into a secret organization called Flip Flap, Cocona’s outlook does a radical flip-flop. Her views start to change when she is dragged into an alternate dimension called Pure Illusion where she’s charged with gathering crystal shards and fighting strange creatures. Now, between running missions and facing off against a rival organization, Cocona doesn’t have much time to consider alternate career choices. What are these shards, and why is gathering them so important? There’s a mystery to be solved and multiple worlds to be saved in FLIP FLAPPERS!
Rating: TV-14

Director: John Swasey
ADR Script: Marta Bechtol

Flip Flappers English Dub Cast List
Cocona - Luci Christian
Papika - Brittney Karbowski
Yayaka - Patricia Duran
Salt - David Wald
Hidaka - David Matranga
Sayuri - Chelsea McCurdy
TT-392 - Jay Hickman
Yuyu - Carli Mosier
Toto - Philip Hayes
Nyunyu - Emily Neves
Mimi - Shelley Calene-Black
Irodori - Kira Vincent-Davis
Grandma - Tiffany Grant
Uexkull - Mark X Laskowski

FLIP FLAPPERS Official English Dub Clip #1

1 Like

OMG! I guessed Cocona right! Brittney sounds just a little too deep for Papika, but not too bad.

FLIP FLAPPERS Official English Dub Clip #2

1 Like

Not gonna lie. While I still feel Brittney is just a little too deep for Papika (not anything intolerable though), those screams are on point :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Flip Flappers, Ep 1 (Dub), is live at HIDIVE

Flip Flappers, Ep 2 (Dub), is live at HIDIVE

Just finished episode 1 of the Dub. My thoughts on the characters who had enough lines to do a vocal comparison.

Putting a drop-down to save space in the thread

Cocona - Luci Christian
Her voice is perfect. When watching the Sub, I heard Luci speaking as Cocona in my mind.

Papika - Brittney Karbowski
While not as high pitched as M.A.O., Brittney does a great job as Papika. She does put a lot of energy in her performance, maybe even more than Papi!

Buu - Jay Hickman
They kept his higher pitched buus with a deeper speaking voice. I like it!

Yayaka - Patricia Duran
While I was imagining a more tomboyish voice, Patricia does a nice job at not sounding too “girly”.

Grandma - Tiffany Grant
How can you go wrong with a Tiffany Grant grandma voice?

Hidaka - David Matranga
To my ears, he doesn’t sound nerdy enough. Maybe it will grow on me, like Brittney’s Papika.

Sayuri - Chelsea McCurdy
As she was voiced by Mio herself in the Sub version, the only way to be better would be to get Cristina Vee. Chelsea does a good job though.

For everyone else, I’ll need to hear more from them, but so far this Dub does not disappoint.

1 Like