Fullmetal Alchemist & Brotherhood / Hagane no Renkinjutsushi

[quote=slickwolfie]

[quote=TheCoffeeGod]

[quote=slickwolfie]
The animation for that trailer looks awful. I hope it’s not the finished product.
Slick[/quote]

Sadly, I think it is.
It opens in a week, and ever since the first trailer/promo it’s looked like that.
Which is just bad.

Not only is it a useless side story, that animation looks horribly atrocious.
I really have no desire to see this now, after keeping up with the trailers.[/quote]
Agreed, but of course I will end up watching it at some point.
Slick[/quote]

The animation style appears to be more along the lines of the 2003 series over Brotherhood. It’s like a more cartoonish style in my eye at least. I doubt I’ll go out of my way to see it. Maybe if I get the video release for under $15.00.

Whoa Slow. Looks like you’re gonna have to scold Mustang for flaming. :smiley:

He went crazy last episode!!!

2011 Fullmetal Alchemist Film’s Special Footage Streamed

posted on 2011-07-15 11:15 EDT
78 seconds centering on film’s pivotal character Julia

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-09-13/s-california-film-fest-to-show-2011-fullmetal-alchemist-film
[size=20]S. California Film Fest to Show 2011 Fullmetal Alchemist Film[/size]
posted on 2011-09-13 20:00 EDT
West Coast premiere of Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos at Burbank Int’l Film Fest

The Burbank International Film Festival will host the West Coast premiere of the Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos anime film with English subtitles this Saturday. The showing will take place on September 17 at 1:00 p.m. at the AMC Independent 6 theater in Burbank, California.

Directed by Kazuya Murata, the movie premiered in Japan on July 2. Murata appeared at Otakon 2011 in July for the North American premiere of the film. Funimation announced its license of the film in May, and it plans a North American theatrical release in early 2012 and a DVD/Blu-ray Disc release in spring.

This film is the second anime movie based on Hiromu Arakawa’s original Fullmetal Alchemist manga. The manga began serializing in Shonen Gangan magazine in 2002. Besides the two films, there have been two television anime adaptations and an original video animation project.

Full event details and ticket information for the film festival screening are available at the Burbank International Film Festival 2011 website.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-09-16/hawaii-vancouver-toronto-sf-to-show-2011-fullmetal-film
[size=20]Hawaii, Vancouver, Toronto, SF to Show 2011 Fullmetal Film[/size]
posted on 2011-09-16 13:15 EDT
FMA: The Sacred Star of Milos slated for N. American DVD/Blu-ray release next spring

Several film festivals will screen Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos in North America this fall with English subtitles. As ANN reported on Tuesday, the Burbank International Film Festival will host the West Coast premiere of the Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos tomorrow.

Other screenings include:

The Hawaii Intl Film Festival – the screening is set for 10/18 at 9:15 p.m.
The Vancouver Asian Film Festival – 11/3/11-6; screening date, time and location TBA
Toronto’s Reel Asian International Film Festival – 11/8 – 11/19, TBA
The San Francisco International Animation Festival - 11/11-11/14, TBA

The movie’s North American premiere was held at Otakon 2011, and director Kazuya Murata appeared at the event. Funimation announced its license of the film in May, and it is scheduled for North American DVD and Blu-ray release next spring.

As the second anime movie based on Hiromu Arakawa’s Fullmetal Alchemist manga, the film premiered in Japan on July 2.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/funimation-entertainment/fullmetal-alchemist-the-sacred-star-of-milos-cast-announcement/10150325788564342
[size=20]Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos Cast Announcement[/size]
by FUNimation Entertainment on Friday, October 7, 2011 at 1:56pm

We promised you a big announcement to wrap up Fullmetal Alchemist Week. So, for our grand finale, we would like to reveal the English dub cast for the Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos.

ED - Vic Mignogna
AL - Maxey Whitehead
JULIA - Alexis Tipton
MELVIN VOYAGER - Matt Mercer
MIRANDA - Shelley Calene-Black
COLONEL HERSCHEL - Patrick Seitz
ROY - Travis Willingham
SOYUZ - Christopher Smith
VATANEN - Elias Taylorson
GONZALES - Bruce DuBose
PEDRO - Jonathan Brooks
WINRY - Caitlin Glass
HAWKEYE - Colleen Clinkenbeard
SIZZLER - Brian Mathis
RAUL - Andrew Chandler
GRAZ - Jim Johnson
ARMSTRONG - Christopher R. Sabat
KARINA - Tia Ballard
TONY - Christopher Bevins
BREDA - Jeremy Inman

But, there’s always an encore after a grande finale, isn’t there?

We’ve also got an extra special announcement for you today. We got the Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood OVAs and Fullmetal Four-Panel Comic Theater. These four OVAs were originally released with the individual Japanese volumes of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

The Blind Alchemist
Simple People
The Tale of Teacher
Yet Another Man’s Battlefield
"Fullmetal Four-Panel Comic Theater"

Expect more information coming soon.

[quote=TheCoffeeGod]
Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos Cast Announcement

ROY - Travis Willingham[/quote]

That’s all I need to know! :heart_eyes:

2011 FMA Film to Get N. American Theatrical Release on 100+ Screens

posted on 2011-10-11 15:13 EDT
Film to get theatrical release this winter; DVD, Blu-ray Disc release in spring 2012

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2011/11/15-1/fullmetal-alchemist-the-sacred-star-of-milos-anime-film-headed-to-theaters-in-january
[size=20]“Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos” Anime Film Headed to Theaters in January[/size]
Film to play across North America on over 100 screens
November 15, 2011 1:40pm CST

ELEVEN ARTS and FUNimation sent out a press release today announcing theatrical showings for the Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos film. The movie will play in theaters across North America in late January, 2012.

A more specific release date, along with cities and theaters will be announced soon. For now, they suggest fans demand the film come to their city via http://eventful.com/performers/about-fullmetal-alchemist-the-sacred-star-of-milos-/P0-001-0003.

The Sacred Star of Milos—directed by Kazuya Murata with animation by BONES—was originally released in Japan on July 2, 2011.

[size=20]2011 FMA Film’s N. American Theater List Updated[/size]
posted on 2011-12-10 12:43 EST

After releasing a partial list of theaters in November, Funimation updated its schedule and location list for the North American theatrical run of the Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos film on Friday. The company added theaters and listed whether each location will screen the film English-subtitled or English-dubbed. Funimation’s blog requests that people check with their local theaters to verify that information. Fans may also use Eventful.com to ask for screenings in their local areas.

Funimation revealed the 2011 film’s dub cast in October.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-12-27/funimation-hosts-red-carpet-premiere-of-2011-fullmetal-alchemist-film
[size=20]Funimation Hosts Red Carpet Premiere of 2011 Fullmetal Alchemist Film[/size]
posted on 2011-12-27 19:10 EST
Director Kazuya Murata, BONES President Masahiko Minami to attend LA event on January 20

Funimation announced on Tuesday that it will host a red carpet premiere event for the Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos film at the Downtown Independent Theater in Los Angeles on January 20. The event will include the red carpet event, the film screening, and a Q&A with director Kazuya Murata, BONES president Masahiko Minami, ADR Director Mike McFarland, and members of the North American voice cast including Vic Mignogna.

Funimation is hosting a contest for an all-expense paid trip for two to the premiere.

Funimation and Eleven Arts are hosting a North American theatrical run of the film in January. The film will be screened in both English-subtitled and English-dubbed formats. Fans may use Eventful.com to ask for screenings in their local areas.

The Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos film premiered in Japan on July 2. Murata appeared at Otakon 2011 in July for the North American premiere of the film. Funimation announced its license of the film in May, and it plans to release the film on DVD and Blu-ray Disc in spring 2012.

Started watching my Brotherhood DVDs yesterday and just got to Eps. 17, 18 & 19 today and was reminded how awesome they are!

-quoted from a previous post of mine-

[details=spoiler]First you go…
OH MY GOD! WHAT AN A##HOLE!

Then you go…
OH MY GOD! WHAT A GENIUS!

And finally, you go…
OH MY GOD! WHAT A BAD A##![/details]

I should point out that the original FullMetal Alchemist is NOT on CN and has not been for some time now. There’s an HD version on the ShortsHD network www.shorts.tv.

###Hollywood Blacksmith Replicates Elric’s Spear from Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
posted on 2014-01-28 11:00 EST

If anyone had this in their cosplay ensemble at a con they’d likely get themselves thrown out. I’d say that’s a bad thing but a pointy metal object at a con like otakon would be disastrous even if the wielder weren’t waving the thing about like a madman (ie:what too many cosplayers there do with less-rigid props).

It’s still cool though. While I don’t hold FMA as the best anime of all time, that it has broken into the mainstream enough that this blacksmith and, according to Vic Mignogna, William Shatner know about it is commendable.

[quote=“celestial_being”]If anyone had this in their cosplay ensemble at a con they’d likely get themselves thrown out. I’d say that’s a bad thing but a pointy metal object at a con like otakon would be disastrous even if the wielder weren’t waving the thing about like a madman (ie:what too many cosplayers there do with less-rigid props).

It’s still cool though. While I don’t hold FMA as the best anime of all time, that it has broken into the mainstream enough that this blacksmith and, according to Vic Mignogna, William Shatner know about it is commendable. [/quote]

I doubt many cosplayers would buy a real weapon just to dress up.

[size=20]Fullmetal ANNCast: Brotherhood[/size]
by Zac Bertschy, Jan 22nd 2015

Mike Toole joins Zac and Hope to finally decide, once and for all (and this is legally binding) which series is better: Fullmetal Alchemist 2003 or Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood?

Alright, so maybe they don’t come to any real conclusions about that but there’s a heapin’ helping of FMA debate in this episode, which is all about the remake and largely how it stacks up against the original.

You can listen to the show on our player here, direct-download the MP3 version here, or you can just use these handy links:

Click here to subscribe to our show in iTunes!

RSS feed
(for other software)

Also: if you like the show (or don’t like the show, I guess) be sure to write us up a review over on iTunes! It’d be a big help!

NSFW Language Warning: A little bit!

ANNCast Episode 212 Breakdown
00:30 Mike Toole introduction and our experience with Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
10:10 Those pesky first 13 episodes
17:05 The amazing animation of FMAB
25:30 Hughes vs. Hughes
32:00 FMAB’s heavy comic book influences
48:00 FMAB’s big reveals
55:00 The end of the series
01:04:00 The big huge differences between the two. Well, more discussion about that.
01:25:00 Twitter time!

And that’s it! See you next week!

Have questions for the ANNCast crew? Tweet 'em to @ANNZac! Or check out the community forums thread about the show, or send email questions to zac@animenewsnetwork dot com!

Theme Song: “Bucharest” by The New Division. Check them out on iTunes!

The Set List: Top 10 Fullmetal Alchemist Theme Songs

by Hope Chapman, May 26th 2015

Did You Know Anime? FullMetal Alchemist

Don’t quite agree with the list, but at least my favorite OP has the #4 spot. Some of what was said was a little too deep for me. I just like to enjoy the songs without thinking too much of why the song was placed where it was or thinking about the deeper psychological context. If the music and lyrics work, it’s enough for me!

1 Like