Gintama

Crunchyroll to Stream New Episodes of Gintama’ TV Anime

posted on 2012-09-27 14:51 EDT
1st new episode to premiere on October 4

New Gintama Anime Episodes to Resume on TV

posted on 2012-08-26 07:55 EDT
New episodes & selected episode reruns to begin on October 4

Let me know when Sentai decides to dub more of this. The sub of Gintama just doesn’t appeal to me.

I bought the movie, and except for the honorifics, I enjoyed it. I’ve done all I can do for the “Dub Gintama” initiative.

Gintama’s 2nd Film Slated for Next Summer

posted on 2012-12-22 23:24 EST

2013 Gintama Film’s Title, Date, 1st Visual Revealed

posted on 2013-03-13 02:35 EDT

‘Final’ Gintama’s Teaser Shows 2 Gintokis From Past & Present

posted on 2013-03-17 21:30 EDT
All-new Gekijōban Gintama Kanketsu-hen: Yorozuya yo Eien Nare to open July 6

SPYAIR to Perform ‘Final’ Gintama Film’s Theme Song

posted on 2013-05-01 21:50 EDT
Rock band already performed 2 songs for TV anime

Neon Alley to Premiere Gintama: The Movie on June 2

posted on 2013-05-18 00:29 EDT

‘Final’ Gintama Film’s Full Trailer Streamed

posted on 2013-05-30 10:15 EDT
Anime’s ‘last’ installment created by original manga’s Sorachi, opening on July 6

‘Final’ Gintama Film’s Blu-ray/DVD Slated for December 18

posted on 2013-09-17 20:17 EDT

Gintama Gets New Event Anime Special in November

posted on 2014-07-15 04:55 EDT
Jump Special Anime Festa tour to run “tearful episode” in 6 Japanese cities

Gintama celebrates the Summer with an Ichiban Kuji lottery

Since there’s new amime being made, kinda makes me wonder if Sentai will ever pick up the rest of this.
Not that really liked it, I’m just kinda curious.

I’m in the same boat. I own the movie (the one that Sentai dubbed) and that’s about all I’ve seen of this series.

It’s a long-running shounen of some renown and it didn’t get much of a release in NA. I find that fascinating.

Was it TAN that ran this on VOD, or was it CN? I remember a father coming and everyone being eaten by a giant slug, and the shinsengumi was full of perverts and a “gorilla”. I know I didn’t watch this online, so where did I see it? :ohmy:

Exactly.
From the buzz about it, it has a relatively large following as well.
Though I guess just like any R1 release “having a large following” doesn’t really mean it actually equates to “having a large following who buys releases”.

It was TAN that ran it on VOD.
Only the first 49 episodes though (plus the movie at a later time).

“Gintama” Anime Special and Blu-ray Sets Planned

July 18, 2014 4:07pm CDT
Jump Festa 2014 also to screen Naruto Shippuden, Assassination Classroom, World Trigger, Haikyu!! and Blood Blockade Battlefront

https://twitter.com/Sentaifilmworks/status/523219901733801984

Q) Any plans for more Gintama releases or the second movie

A) No news on that front, sorry! :frowning:

I guess that tells us just how well the series and movie sold.
:metal::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :metal:

Which is disappointing as I did all that I reasonably could and bought the movie on Sentai’s BD and watched it.

BTW, I’m not sure what that emoticon is supposed to be. It looks like like a guy with his eyes shut and his tongue stuck out (which is what the mouseover text says it is) and I’m not sure how to take it. It looks like a face that ought to be accompanied by “horns”: \m/ ??

Via PR–

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SENTAI FILMWORKS LICENSES “GINTAMA - THE MOVIE”

HOUSTON, February 9, 2012 — Sentai Filmworks once again returns to the world of the strangest samurai odd jobs ever with the company’s announcement of their licensing of GINTAMA – THE MOVIE, the latest installment in the hugely successful GINTAMA animated series based on the GIN TAMA manga series by Hideaki Sorachi. Following the wise, ancient and possibly Japanese adage of “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it,” the 95-minute feature film reunites most of the key staff of the TV series. Director, Shinji Takamatsu (SCHOOL RUMBLE) and writer Akatsuki Yamatoya (To LOVE RU, SOUL EATER) handle the story components of the film, while animation director Shinji Takeuchi (SAMURAI CHAMPLOO) once again takes up the task of adapting Sorachi’s original character designs for film.

Odd Jobs Gin has taken on a lot of odd work in the past, and when you’re a Jack of All Trades agency based in a feudal Japan that’s been conquered and colonized by aliens, the term “Odd Jobs” means REALLY ODD jobs. But when some more than slightly suspicious secrets from the shadows of OJG founder Gintoki Sakata’s somewhat shady former samurai past and a new pair of odd jobs collide, the action is bound to get so wild and demented that only a feature film will do it justice! So if you’ve had the good fortune to see Gintama, Japan’s most popular science fiction samurai series before, get ready for more of the same on an epic scale! And if you haven’t seen Gintama before, well, this is your quick and easy introduction to why Gintama (the series) is the hottest thing to hit the Land of the Rising Sun since a certain large, green reptile whose name we can’t use due to certain litigious lawyers! So sit down, strap yourself in and make sure you’re not wearing anything too tight or constricting as the junior half of OJG takes on the task of tracking down a tenacious terrorist while their silver-haired slickster of a partner seeks out a certain sword in the side-splittingly silly GINTAMA- THE MOVIE!

GINTAMA - THE MOVIE will soon be available digitally, with a home video release on DVD and Blu-Ray scheduled for later this year.

About Sentai Filmworks:
Sentai Filmworks is one of the fastest-growing anime companies in North America, producing hit series like High School of the Dead, Towanoquon, Samurai Girls, Guin Saga, Needless and Angel Beats as well as high profile theatrical films such as Grave of the Fireflies and Appleseed. Sentai Filmworks’ programs can be found on home video distributed by Ingram Entertainment, Baker & Taylor, Section23Films, The Right Stuf and other good and fine distributors. Digital product offerings may be found at iTunes, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon, Zune Marketplace, Anime Network, Playstation Network, Android Market and YouTube.
www.sentai-filmworks.com

Sentai Filmworks Licenses Gintama the Movie

posted on 2012-02-09 17:52 EST
Digital release available “soon”, DVD and Blu-ray later this year