Dai-Shogun - Great Revolution / Fuun Ishin Dai Shogun

Dai-Shogun - Great Revolution / Fuun Ishin Dai Shogun

dai-shogun-great-revolution

Genres: action, comedy, science fiction
Themes: ecchi, harem, historical, mecha
Objectionable content: Significant
Running time: 23 minutes per episode
Plot Summary: In the late Edo period, Japan had experienced an unprecedented crisis by Kurofune (Black Ships), the ships from foreign countries. But a giant robot called Onigami, which has existed since ancient time, dispelled the Kurofune ships and the exclusion of foreigners was accomplished. The story begins in Japan where Meiji restoration in 1868 didnā€™t happen.
Number of episodes: 12
Vintage: 2014-04-09
Opening Theme: ā€œTamashii RISESā€ by Kyoco
Ending Theme: ā€œUPON A STARā€ by Saeko Zogo

ANN Page

Watch on HIDIVE

000-AN-use-a

ANN Anime Spotlight: Dai-Shogun - Great Revolution

Mar 24th 2014

come on Sentai, ya know u want.
itā€™s Godannar 2.0

It was rather fun and it slots in with the other Sentai ā€œcrazy Japanese historical fictionā€ shows.

Animation got better past ep 1, raunchiness was way lower than hype suggested.

This is also notable for being one of the very few shows where the male friend of the harem king actually has a shot with one of the harem members. Thatā€™s borderline groundbreaking in anime :wink:

Dai Shogun on TAN Online

STARTS: December 2nd @ 11:00 PM EST / December 2nd @ 8:00 PM PST

Looks like TAN preempted the Sentai announcement.
So I guess weā€™ll be seeing one of those from Sentai really soon.

1 Like

When it does show up, Iā€™ll do my part (again) to prevent a sub-only release. FWIW.

Since itā€™s a couple seasons old now and has been up on CR since it aired, I think the TAN stream numbers will have little effect on that outcome one way or the other.

Did the animation studio improve the visuals for the home media release of this? If they did, and Sentai is streaming that version, then re-streaming them could be worthwhile just for that IMO.

From what I remembered about this show (plot made me stop watching it after a while), the visuals appeared to be intentional. The studio also may not have had the money to put into proper animations as well. If that was the case, I wonder who the hell green lit the project in the first place?

Itā€™s already streaming on Hulu from TAN and it has the Sentai logo, so that assures itā€™s a Sentai license.

Now we just have to wait for the official announcement.

Episodes 1-12 (Sub) are now live at ANO

Cat Sh*t One & Shana Directors Make Robot TV Anime Dai Shogun

posted on 2013-12-26 01:00 EST
J.C. Staff/A.C.G.T. anime set in secluded parallel-world Japan where Meiji Restoration never happened

April Anime FÅ«un Ishin Dai Shogun Cast Announced

posted on 2014-03-05 21:55 EST
Character design for new action romance anime also released

FÅ«un Ishin Dai Shogun Robot Animeā€™s 1st Promo Streamed

posted on 2014-03-19 09:10 EDT
Takehito Koyasu, Yu Kobayashi, Yōko Hikasa also join cast for anime premiering April 9

Crunchyroll to Stream Dai-Shogun ā€“ Great Revolution Anime

posted on 2014-04-09 12:56 EDT
Action romance series premieres today

Sentai Filmworks Press Release

December 3, 2014

Sentai Filmworks Adds Dai - Shogun - Great Revolution

posted on 2014-12-03 16:17 EST
Historical mecha series streamed on Crunchyroll in spring

These episodes are now listed as FREE.

Starts Thursday, January 29, 2015, on TANā€™s Video on Demand

Language: Japanese w/ English Subtitles
Rated: TV-MA

Sorry, guys, but I guess this oneā€™s an acquired taste. I got barely a minute into the second ep before I hit the ā€œSTOPā€ button. I will not be following this series.

This show is one that needs the ā€œ3 episode ruleā€ applied to it as the first 2 episodes-especially the first episode-were barely up to motion comic levels of animation and were bogged down by the completely-irrelevant fat copā€™s antics.

That said, the show is the campy fantasy giant robot show that it looks to be; it isnā€™t secretly the next Ergo Proxy lol.

You all did better than I did, I couldnā€™t get through Ep.1, I thought it was that badā€¦