Golgo 13 Live Action

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-09-10/davis-film-gets-golgo-13-assassin-manga-film-rights
[size=20]Davis Film Gets Golgo 13 Assassin Manga’s Film Rights[/size]
posted on 2011-09-10 21:00 EDT
Studio produced live-action Crying Freeman, Resident Evil, Silent Hill

The production company Davis Film announced at the Toronto International Film Festival on Saturday that it acquired the film adaptation rights for Takao Saito’s assassin manga Golgo 13 from Japan’s LEED Publishing Co., Ltd.

The manga launched in November 1968 in the January 1969 issue of Shogakukan’s Big Comic magazine, and it is the longest-running manga still being serialized. It centers around the unrivaled assassin-for-hire Duke Togo and his exploits around the world. The manga already inspired two earlier live-action films (one starring Ken Takakura in 1973 and another starring Sonny Chiba in 1977), an anime film, a video anime project, and a television anime series.

Davis Film’s previous film credits include the live-action film based on Crying Freeman manga, as well as the live-action films based on the Resident Evil and Silent Hill video game franchises. Samuel Hadida founded and presides over Davis Film.

Viz Media published selected chapters from the four-decade-long run of the original manga in North America. Sentai Filmworks and Section23 Film released the television anime series.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/04/18/former-sony-ceo-discussed-hollywood-golgo-13-in-leaked-e-mails
[size=20]Former Sony CEO Discussed Hollywood “Golgo 13” in Leaked E-mails[/size]
“Raid” director in discussion for project
April 18, 2015 9:26pm CDT

For 47 years, business men have been enjoying the adventures of cold hearted assassin Golgo 13. Why shouldn’t Americans appreciate the exploits of manga’s foremost professional killer? Well, Sony’s hacking scandal results in their e-mail exchanges being leaked, and part of trove included former CEO Amy Pascal included discussions of a G14 franchise, from The Raid’s Gareth Evans and Rick Cook (the Wizardry series).

[details=Email text]
Email-ID

Date
2014-03-21 15:31:49

From
asnorth@gmail.com

To
amy_pascal@spe.sony.com

Re: RE:
Absolutely!

On Friday, March 21, 2014, Pascal, Amy Amy_Pascal@spe.sony.com wrote:
DO ALITTLE THING ON THIS FOR ME WOULD YOU

Begin forwarded message:

Date: March 20, 2014 11:45:22 PM PDT

To: “Pascal, Amy” Amy_Pascal@spe.sony.com
Subject: Re: RE:

I can imagine how stressful and painful process it is but everyone seems behaving very professionally, I’ve heard. This is happening everywhere now. I hope we can go over this soon and move onto the growth phase again. Can’t wait to see amazing spiderman 2. Look forward to catching up with you soon. Best K A

----- オリジナルメッセージ -----
差出人: Pascal, Amy
日時: Friday, March 21, 2014 02:23 AM
宛先: Ambe, Kaz
件名: Re: RE:

Yes that would be fantastic
It was a difficult week in la with all the cuts
But things are really exciting on the
movies front
Let’s catch up soon
And thanks for thee tip about the manga
A

On Mar 20, 2014, at 11:11 PM, “Ambe, Kaz” Kaz_Ambe@sonyusa.com wrote:

Hi
It was small world and how quick this reached out to your attention. The name of the comic is "Golgo 13"

It was filmed before in Japan and animated too but not so impressive. It would be surely superb if Gareth directs it, I think. Good to hear from you. Talk to soon!

Best
Kaz A

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, March 21, 2014 2:05 AM
To: Ambe, Kaz
Subject:

How are you?
I was wondering if you remembered the name of the Japanese magna Gareth Evans was interested in turning into a franchise?

Alan told me you knew it and agreed it would m

Email-ID
Date
2014-08-01 22:11:25

From michael_deluca@spe.sony.com
To amy_pascal@spe.sony.com, doug_belgrad@spe.sony.com, andrew_gumpert@spe.sony.com
Re:
Based on your call with me yesterday I told everyone we were clear to make
the offer on INFERNO as outlined in Gumperts email but I think Wyman
hasn¹t yet but is about to.

Wyman is also getting into both Paul¹s deal and his writer¹s deal asap,
he¹s no quote and we just got hers but everyone knows we are proceeding.

Status quo on GOLGO, all I hear from Rich Cook is ³we¹re almost there with
Sammy and Gareth², etc.

I call every day

On 8/1/14, 3:03 PM, “Pascal, Amy” Amy_Pascal@spe.sony.com wrote:

Where r we in inferno
Paul Feig
Gogol 13

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z2[/details]