Golgo 13

Golgo 13

Genres: action
Themes: counter-terrorism, military
Objectionable content: Intense
Plot Summary: Duke Togo, a.k.a. Golgo 13, is a highly-skilled assassin hired only by those who pay top-dollar for his services—whether it’s the FBI, CIA, industrial corporations, or mafias. Regardless of who the target is or what situations he encounters, Golgo 13 always gets the job done.
Number of episodes: 50
Vintage: 2008-04-11 to 2009-03-27

ANN Info Page

Golgo 13: Queen Bee (OAV)

Genres: action, drama
Themes: assassins, military
Plot Summary: Master assassin Golgo 13 is hired by the advisor of presidential candidate Robert Hardy to assassinate “Queen Bee,” the beautiful and deadly leader of a South American guerilla army. Golgo, however, finds this job too easy and digs further information to find out the true connection between Hardy and Queen Bee.
Running time: 60 minutes
Vintage: 1998-05-21

ANN Info Page

Golgo 13: The Professional (movie)

Genres: action, drama
Themes: military
Plot Summary: After assassinating the son of business tycoon Leonard Dawson, Golgo 13 finds himself prey to the CIA and the U.S. Army, whom Dawson has personally hired to kill the assassin. As days pass by, Dawson slowly loses his sanity as he continues to plot every attempt to kill Golgo 13 even without caring about who hired the assassin to kill his son.
Running time: 91 minutes
Vintage: 1983

ANN Info Page

This was a surprise for me. I actually haven’t heard of this show before today. What really shocked me was it was getting an English dub! Maybe Gintama could get dubbed after all if the first two seasons perform well for neo-ADV.

This is a definite pick up for me. I am debating on waiting for a studio sale or just pre-ordering it now.

I remember reading quite a few requests for this on AoD and ANN, but I really didn’t know anything about the show. It’s not really the type of show I saw Sentai picking up, but it’s good to see them diversifying their programming.

As for the English dub announcement, that was a complete shock, but in a good way! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Duke Togo aka Golgo 13 makes James Bond look like a “kitty kat”. Now time to bust out my old NES and play me some Golgo 13: Top Secret Episode.

I honestly can’t wait to buy this. Hopefully this means Neo ADV is trying to get this show to a wider audience with the initial dub.

This is definitely a surprise license, but it’s one that I absolutely love. I am so getting this!

Hopefully Sentai can keep licensing more recent anime adaptations of older manga… First was Glass Mask 2005 and now Golgo 13 TV… There is one recent anime adaptation of an older manga that I would absolutely love to see brought over; it starts with a “R” and it’s from the creator of a certain Greek-mythology-based epic story.

Surprisingly, this interests me as well. But we shall see.

Anybody think this would be great for Adult Swim?

I think it would be a great fit as well. However, I don’t know if Sentai has the staff to actively pursue a lot of TV deals. Plus, I think it would be highly unlikely that they would announce the DVD dates before the TV airing. However, doing that is not without precedent. Samurai Champloo, Evangelion, and others all started their TV runs on AS and CN after their DVD debuts.

Of course, AS makes deals for a lot of their shows in Japan. So it’s possible that Sentai wouldn’t have had to be involved in any TV deal on their end.

Personally, I would be thrilled if AS would pick up something that would get me to tune back in on Saturday nights.

Of note this is shipping from Rightstuf now. Mine is in a order with two other things so probably be another week for me.

I’m a little surprised they didn’t do the usual cast guessing game for this one. I guess we will have to be surprised when the discs get here.

My Golgo 13 set is shipping with my Gintama Set 1. Should be here today or tomorrow,

When you get it, see if you can get us a cast listing. :wink:

[quote=dragonrider_cody]
When you get it, see if you can get us a cast listing. ;)[/quote]

I’ll be sure to post it.

English Dub Voice actor credits

Golgo 13 - David Wald
Dave - Chris Ayres
Quaid - Jason Carroll
Flannagan - T. Postlethwaite
Captain - Justin Doran
Regan - Rob Mungle
Campbell - David Matranga
Wayne - Andy McAvin
Manager - Mark X. Laskowski
Natalie - Taylor Hannah
Howard - Andrew Love
Loren - George Manley
With - Kalob Martinez, Donnna Hannah, Luci Christian, Shanna Lea

Production credits
Production - Seraphim Digital
Producer - Joey Goubeaud
Director - Steven Foster
Project Translator - Javier Lopez
ADR Scripts - Javier Lopez, Steven Foster
ADR Engineer - Stanley Thomas
Sound Design & Mix - Brent Marshall
Subtitle Timing - Dwayne Jones Media

Source: mania.com

This looks to be a very solid cast. I can’t wait until this gets here so I can hear for myself!

I can’t wait to watch the DVD. Just got it out the mail but I’m watching Gintama first.

Looks like this series started on VOD this week.

That’s a nice surprise, assuming it is a surprise. I never pay much attention to the schedule…lol

lol
When next month schedule isn’t up yet and they haven’t sent out a newletter including it, so it is a surprise in the end.