Halo Legends

Exactly. :smiley: And even not, it sure is a nice feather in new-ADV’s cap to be involved in one of the biggest Anime of 2010. Hopefully more Hollywood or Videogame companies hire Seraphim studios in the future… seems like that’s where the money’s at lately.

Just finished watching episode 1 that premiered on Waypoint today, The Babysitter.

It’s exactly what you’d expect of Halo, for good or bad. I personally think it was a very good start and I found myself very entertained throughout (and I say this as a non-Halo/FPS fan). The dub seems to be new talent or people that aren’t previously known ADV’s recognized talent. But the dub to my ears was quite good and certainly is fitting for this series.

It’s less over the top than normal ADV dubs as to be expected, so that makes it a bit harder to pinpoint, but I believe I recognized Rob Mungle and James Faulkner.

Very high production values throughout. Simply, can’t wait to see more.

Continuing the Halo week celebrations… :wink: Hell make that Halo Quarter until the DVD comes out - not to mention the constant WB and Microsoft campaign with the premieres on Waypoint.

Updated the info above with the new info about the new ADV studios dubbing it. Also updated the trailer, which wasn’t working. Annoying how YT vids get defunct all the time.

Trailer looks pretty good. I’m actually starting to look forward to this! And I’m hoping that this leads to Seraphim being contracted to dub more stuff, including video games.

There’s going to be a making of The Babysitter episode on Xbox LIVE Waypoint this saturday.

There’s going to be a making of The Babysitter episode on Xbox LIVE Waypoint this saturday.

Got a PR from Microsoft and WB today:

Brace Yourselves for a Clash of the Elites in the Second “Halo Legends” Preview Episode, “The Duel”

(Excerpt)

Fans around the world received an exclusive introduction to the “Halo” anime series with the first episode, “The Babysitter” on Nov. 7 – now 343 Industries is giving fans even more. The “Halo Legends” saga continues with a duel for redemption. Available only for 24 hours, the second installment in the series, “The Duel,” hits Halo Waypoint this Saturday, Nov. 21. Tune in to Halo Waypoint via Xbox LIVE to watch the full-episode preview of “The Duel,” and check back for all upcoming “Halo Legends” programming.

Full PR: NameBright - Coming Soon

This is one of the Production IG episode btw. Can’t wait to watch it tonight. :slight_smile:

Halo Guru Frank O’Connor Discusses Creation and Content of Halo Legends Coming to Blu-ray and DVD

Excerpt:

The Halo universe expands into anime this spring via Halo Legends, a DVD anthology of episodic films based within the popular game’s mythology produced by 343 Industries, a unit within Microsoft Game Studios. One of the key orchestrators of Halo’s morphing from interactive entertainment to on-screen magic is Frank O’Connor, the Halo franchise development director.

Warner Home Video will distribute Halo Legends as a Special Edition 2-disc version on DVD and Blu-Ray™, as well as single disc DVD and available On Demand and Digital Download. The new street date is February 16, 2010.

Read full interview: NameBright - Coming Soon

(Note: this is a press release type send out by the companies involved, I did not conduct this interview)

Press release: NameBright - Coming Soon

Production IG’s Hiroshi Yamazaki discusses Halo Legends: The Duel

Excerpt:

Anime Director Hiroshi Yamazaki Offers an All-New Vision of Familiar Characters in “The Duel” Episode of Halo Legends

Warner Home Video to Distribute Compilation DVD on Feb. 16, 2010

Anime director Hiroshi Yamazaki provides fans with a distinctly different artistic vision of the Halo universe with his painterly approach to animation in “The Duel,” one of the seven stories within Halo Legends.

Yamazaki’s Halo Legends episode, “The Duel,” goes back to ancient times, at the dawn of the Covenant. A shamed Elite defies his role as an “Arbiter” – an honored but suicidal role that would regain him a shred of honor—to take a path of revenge against those that stole the only thing that matters to such an amazing warrior: His true love. This ancient Arbiter must fight his way through ever-growing groups of his former allies (grunts, elites, hunters, etc.) until he finally stands face-to-face with the elite who betrayed his trust.

The episode showcases the richness and depth of the Halo universe, and gives fans a glimpse of one of their favorite protagonists, The Samurai-style mythos of the Elites is framed in an animation style that branches away from many of Halo Legends’ CG and traditional animation approaches to present the anime via a unique filter – giving the episode the look of a moving watercolor painting. Yamazaki and the artists at Production I.G were responsible for this singular artistic vision. So stunning and different are the tones and forms that multiple viewings offer new insights on each pass.

Read full story: NameBright - Coming Soon

Halo Legends: The Package Part I and II Rescheduled on Halo Waypoint for this Saturday (Dec 12) only

This is the episode by Casio Entertainment and directed by Shinji Aramaki (Appleseed, Megazone 23)

The role of Master Chief has been recast. Other voice-talent in this episode include (ADV Films, Amusement Park Media) now Seraphim Digital Studios fan-favorites: Luci Christian, Shelley Calene-Black, Andrew Love, Andy McAvin, John Gremillion, Chris Ayres, Greg Ayres, and Kira Vincent Davis.

Story: http://www.sxanimedia.com/2009/12/halo-legends-package-part-i-and-ii.html

Toshiyuki Kanno (Black Lagoon animation director) discusses Halo Legends: The Babysitter

Rising Anime Star Toshiyuki Kanno Discusses Direction of “The Babysitter” Episode within Halo Legends

Warner Home Video to Distribute Compilation DVD on Feb. 16, 2010

Toshiyuki Kanno, one of the rising stars in anime, brings his distinct action style to the world of Halo with an innovative, yet uniquely familiar approach to the episodic film “The Babysitter,” one of the seven stories within the upcoming Halo Legends.

Warner Home Video will distribute Halo Legends on February 16, 2010 as a Special Edition 2-disc version on DVD and Blu-Ray™, as well as single disc DVD and available On Demand and Digital Download. The DVD anthology of episodic films based within the mythology of the popular game Halo is produced by 343 Industries, a unit within Microsoft Game Studios.

Kanno worked with Studio 4oC (and producer Eiko Tanaka) to create the Halo Legends episode, “The Babysitter,” which focuses on the intense rivalry between the ODST (Orbital Drop Shock Troopers) and the Spartans. When given an assignment to assassinate a high-ranking Covenant Prophet, a four-man team of ODSTs must accept a Spartan Sniper to their strike force. Each discipline learns something important about the other as the mission progresses into hostile territory - and old rivalries must be reexamined if the mission is to succeed…

Read Press Release and interview: NameBright - Coming Soon

Halo Legends Origins Part I coming to Waypoint January 2

All I Want for the Holidays are “Halo Legends” and “Red vs. Blue”

New “Halo Legends” episode, “Origins,” and “Red vs. Blue” holiday special available exclusively on Halo Waypoint and Xbox LIVE

Relive epic moments from the “Halo” franchise in the final preview episode of the anime saga, “Halo Legends.” Created by Studio 4oC, part one of “Origins” will be available exclusively on Halo Waypoint for only 24 hours on Saturday, Jan. 2. Be sure to check into Halo Waypoint for your last chance to see “Halo Legends” before its DVD release in Feb. 2010.

“Halo Legends” Episode, “Origins”
In “Origins,” fans of “Halo” lore will witness Forerunner battles with the Flood, through the present day ending of the “Halo” trilogy. The episode will shed light on some of the main events of the “Halo” universe, which set the stage for the beloved series of “Halo” games.

Full Press Release: NameBright - Coming Soon

I guess I’m behind the times, but what is this “Waypoint” you keep referring to?

It’s a new update Microsoft added for Xbox Live users for Xbox 360 in November. It gives Xbox users access to a Halo community and destination that keeps track of their Halo career, ( a la achievement points thing that Xbox users have), and also access to exclusive news and video/audio content. It’s free for Xbox Gold Live subscribers, and was free for the first month of roll-out.

In the case of Halo Legends, it’s part of Microsoft and WB’s huge series of events to promote it prior to the DVD, Blu Ray, VOD release early next year - every week they post/premiere a HL episode/video extras (interviews) for 24 hours for free on Waypoint (then it’s taken off on Sunday).

More info: http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/halowaypoint

Ahh, gotcha.

:lol:
No wonder I had no idea about it, you kids and your new fandangled game consoles.

That’s right. Just give me my Atari 2600 or Colecovision and I’m happy.

STUDIO4C’s Halo Legends: Origins Part I anime Premieres on Xbox Live Waypoint: http://www.sxanimedia.com/2009/12/halo-legends-origins-part-i-coming-to.html

AI/Narrator: Shelley Calene-Black

Pretty interesting episode that seems targeted at casual or new viewers/fans who aren’t too familiar with the Halo universe storyline. The theme of sacrifice was especially poignant. I wonder what will be in Part II though…

Halo Legends The Package episode Video Clip and information featuring veteran director Shinji Aramaki and Seraphim Digital Studios (formerly ADV Studios and Amusement Park Media) voice talent

Link: NameBright - Coming Soon

Looks interesting. I guess I will have to pick up the Bluray after all.