Hellsing

Hellsing

Genres: action, drama, horror, supernatural
Themes: religion, shapeshifting, vampires
Objectionable content: Intense
Plot Summary: Hellsing follows the antiheroic vampire, Alucard, and a police girl-turned-vampire, Seras Victoria, two vampires employed by the vampire-extermination group of England, the Hellsing Organization. Slowly but surely, through their active duty, they find a new breed of vampires beginning to arise.
Number of episodes: 13
Vintage: 2001-10-10 to 2002-01-16

ANN Info Page

Hellsing Ultimate (OAV) - Vintage: 2006-02-10
Hellsing: The Dawn (OAV) - Vintage: 2011-07-27 to 2012-12-26

Suprised no one else caught this. Hopefully this means the Geneon Universal mess is figured out. So the rest of the stuff like third Black Lagoon can hurry out.

Iā€™m glad to see New Generation will be handling the ADR production. A Funi ā€œdubā€ would have likely knocked this off my ā€œto buyā€ list, especially if they attempted accents. Now hopefully this will actually get a timely release and not be repeatedly delayed like almost every other Funimation release.

Your Collection is Complete ā€“ Hellsing Ultimate IX and X Coming Fall 2014

Posted by Michelle on 05/17/2014 at 3:00pm

The news that Hellsing fans have been waiting for is finally here! Just announced at Anime Central, FUNimation has acquired the home video and digital rights to Hellsing Ultimate Volumes IX & X! The volumes are set to release in Fall 2014. Stay tuned for more exciting information!

synopsis:

Hellsing Ultimate Volumes I ā€“ VIII are available now.

Unfortunately the box containing my collection already is complete. :frowning:

Funimation Streams Hellsing Ultimate Trailer

posted on 2014-08-20 20:00 EDT
Last two episodes of Hellsing Ultimate will ship in October

1 Like

Will they be the right kind of commentaries and interviews?

Will the storage solution be like the kludge that we saw with Black Lagoon? Why Funi didnā€™t produce a bigger box and pack it with a filler (like they do for most every Part I LE) is a mystery.

Does anyone have word on the three side/extra episodes of Hellsing: The Dawn?

Do you think theyā€™ll be included in the volume IX and X release? :slight_smile:
(Iā€™m hoping they will!!!)

Went through all 37 pages in this section and nothing on it except bits and pieces here and there, and since AS is showing it, might be a few people that want to discuss this show?

Anyone have subs or a transcript, because I can barely hear Crispin Freemanā€™s pronounced voice over all the excessively loud noise they call an music track? Mostly it occurs when he is talking to Seras Victoria that his voice gets drowned out. :frowning:

To go though 37 pages to find a thread shows how much of an inconvenience search is. That goes for forums in general these days.

I woke up at 6:00 a.m to catch the premiere and man this is a great way to wake up on Sunday morning. Itā€™s been so long since I watched Hellsing so itā€™s quite refreshing watching this and being a part of Alucardā€™s world again. I liked the first episode and even though itā€™s an hour long, time goes by fast because itā€™s so engaging.

Yeah the search function only searches the social media crap sections of the website, thee is no forum search at all. obviously there wa a thread, but it got hidden somewhere that CTRL+F couldnā€™t find it on any of the pages.

I always wonder 2 things. How can he have so many bullets? How big was that cross they melted down to make them to kill vampires since he uses a lots of them. Also why does Seras only carry a heavy sniper rifle? MAybe it says something in the original but that was so long ago I am forgetting.

An hour long I thought it was the whole series and almost marked as watched on AP until I realized they were all that long. Going to be a lot more in them and I hope better than the original 13 and doesnā€™t leave it opened ended like the original but closes the sotry this time a little better.

Use the search in the grey tabs at top (Index/Recent Topics/My Topics/Profile/Rules/SEARCH).

To find a specific thread, set the parameter on the left to ā€œSearch Titles Onlyā€
To search the whole forum, set the dates by setting ā€œFind Posts Fromā€ to ā€˜Any Dateā€™

Also, I find that it helps to change ā€œsearch entire postā€ to titles only, otherwise the results list can be mammoth and it is rather unwieldy when it has more than a handful of results.

1-8 sit on my shelf oā€™ BluRay, just collecting dust. Maybe I should finally watch 'em, but I anticipate disappointment.

Watched the first episode . Found the dub rather annoying for most of the characters . Not buying .

Thatā€™s pretty much why Iā€™ve been avoiding the dub of this as the last time I saw it, I wasnā€™t a dub fan so its lameness played to expectations but now it would just be disappointing :frowning:

:frowning:
Ugh
Finished up Ep. 01 on VOD today.
Now I remember why I didnā€™t care for the OVA as much as the TV.
The OST is just horrible.

I wonder if Iā€™ll even bother finishing this.

Iā€™m not sure that Iā€™ve known someone to rank the TV series above Ultimate.

Now you do.
Soundtracks mean a huge amount to me as far as my personal enjoyment of a series goes.
If I donā€™t like the soundtrack, I generally donā€™t like the series.
Cowboy Bebop is a prime example of that, extremely popular with a huge amount of people, yet I rank it rather lowly because I really dislike the soundtrack.

:slight_smile:

I can relate on some level as Iā€™m not much for the Bebop/KotS jazz music. Though, TBH, I donā€™t really remember the music to Hellsing TV. While it has been years since Iā€™ve seen it, there are anime songs that Iā€™ve only seen/heard once or twice but remember years after the fact.

Well it is called background music for a reason, as it is meant to stay in the background, and sadly this music gets too loud and overcasts and drowns out the voices.