Halo Legends

I’m enjoying em so far. I’ve seen about 3.5 episodes that have premiered on Waypoint ahead of the DVD and Blu release. I don’t know how one could be a fan of anime and not be at least curious - due to the all star production. There’s going to be someone or studio involved in the project that a casual anime fan is at least a fan of. I can’t wait to get the DVD. I don’t think they could ever live up to the legendary names involved in the project though - it’s too high a goal or expectation, given it’s a collection of short stories and there’s only so much you can do in about 15 minutes. But I’ve found all of them pretty interesting, and that’s coming from a non-halo fan. The series does a good job in presenting the complex and expansive Halo storyline for casual and new fans who aren’t hardcore Halo story-followers.

So far my favorite was the Production IG episode with the samurai themed storyline. But even the action packed episodes surprise me with the nuance and emotion in it. This isn’t an action-flick that I was expecting, which is a good thing that they didn’t go that route, singularly. But every episode is completely different, since it’s from a different studio and director. There’s definitely a little something for everyone.

Final sneak peak preview of Halo Legends (on Waypoint through Xbox LIVE, today only) - making of Studio 4C’s Origins - featuring the voices of Seraphim Digital Studios (formerly ADV Studios/Amusement Park Media) voices John Gremillion and Brittney Karbowski

Link: http://www.sxanimedia.com/2010/01/making-of-halo-legends-origins.html

After several months of pursuing the story, Warner Home Video and the involved production companies have unveiled to SXAniMedia.com the Voice Cast for the upcoming Halo Legends release on DVD and Blu-ray.

Comment on the story below

Story: http://www.sxanimedia.com/2010/01/halo-legends-voice-cast-announcement.html

So I’m assuming this means either they went back and dubbed Clannad (which means I now I have to buy this lol) and The Legend of the Dark King, or they CAST her in the roles, before the cancled the dub on them, and somehow that info still stuck, and got thrown at you?

Not sure what I think of this. On one hand I LOVE the idea of getting a dub on Clannad, but I wish they would have just dubbed it originally. Doing it this way split sales IMO. And that can’t be good. Doing a release like this can’t help them very much, can it? Once you do sub-only is it worth it to go back and dub something? I kinda think not. But there’s nothing I want more then some more dubs from AMP, and a dub on Clannad would make me very happy. So I guess, don’t complain? And hope they know what their doing? Becuase this feels like they’re shooting themselves in the foot here. Again doing what the fans want, screwing profits. But if they think it’s a good idea, then hey whatever. Gata say i really respect them if they are doing this. But I kinda feel worried now…

No comment at this time.

I’m awaiting official comment from Sentai though. I’m sure Sentai will comment to either me or ANN about it in due time on whether it’s a mistake or not.

I posted the information the companies involved provided me.

Yeah I figured you’d have no comment. Bandai was a tease tonight too.

I’ll be angry if they go back and dub those two. Making me spend my friend’s hard earned cash on them only to have to buy em 'gain. She’s going to be real ticked when I tell her to give me more money to get the dubbed ones.
Well at least she can have my old versions. See, I can be selfless too.:blush:

So that must mean(if those two are being dubbed) that LotDK sold well? Maybe Sentai will get the other new FoTNS properties.

I noticed this on dragoons’ SXAniMedia site, so you don’t have to answer my questions dragoon. Great scoop! :laugh:
Slick

Feel free to post in the 2 stories on the site about it. :wink:

Updated Clannad and Legends of the Dark King dub story on my blog. I got a news tip that the information about the Voice actress is from her Alley Theatre credits. This is where either someone from Seraphim or Warner Home Video likely got her credits list/bio.

http://www.sxanimedia.com/2010/01/clannad-and-legends-of-dark-king-dub.html

If true, WOW! I could completely see them see dubbing Clannad, as it did amazingly well for subbed release, but I have to admit that Legend of the Dark King would be a bit of a shocker. But if it’s sold well enough, go for it Sentai! Clannad would be a definite double dip for me, and I would even consider LOTDK if dubbed, just to see what they could do with it.

Until we get official confirmation, I will remain cautiously optimistic…

Also, after seeing the Halo Legends cast, it’s a definite buy. I guess we are getting an exclusive Bluray Steel book at work, so I will grab that. :slight_smile:

If they dubbed the Clannad series, I’d pre-order it ASAP. I loved the series, and would double dip in a heartbeat.
Slick

Maybe Legends of the Dark King is one of the new AS anime, that’s why it’s getting a dub. Big burly men getting into fights; heads, body parts exploding in a fountain of blood.

Maybe Clannad too is AS bound (not bloody likely):laugh:

That would be hilarious! :slight_smile:

Hey, if MOE is good enough for 30 Rock… Adult Swim might as well get the best. :stuck_out_tongue: But yeah… don’t see that happening… ever. Even if Clannad was more mainstream, it’s not the type of show AS likes to pick up.

Adult Swim tends to stick with over-hyped crap! :stuck_out_tongue:

Hmmm… I think I vaguely recall that one… :wink:

Halo Legends Contest / Sweepstakes

WARNER HOME VIDEO PROVIDES OPPORTUNITY OF A LIFETIME FOR FANS IN HALO LEGENDS HEROES JOURNEY SWEEPSTAKES

Fans Compete Online to Win Behind-the Scenes Trip to Microsoft’s 343 Industries, Xbox 360 Elite & Blu-rays/DVDs in conjunction with Feb. 16 release of Halo Legends

Halo fans can dip even further into the mythology of the upcoming episodic Halo Legends film release by participating in the Halo Legends Heroes Journey Sweepstakes. Starting February 28, 2010, fans are invited to make an active search for special codes on the film’s social networking pages, and entrants will be eligible to win the coveted grand prize – an exclusive, behind-the-scenes trip to Microsoft’s 343 Industries, the production company behind Halo Legends. Other prizes include the Xbox 360 Elite, as well as Blu-rays and DVDs of the film, which will be released by Warner Home Video on February 16, 2010.

Prizes
The sweepstakes features a Grand Prize for one (1) lucky winner plus one (1) guest to take a 3-day/2-night journey of their own to 343 Industries in Redmond, WA for a private screening and a chance to meet some of the creative team behind Halo Legends. In addition, the Grand Prize winner will receive an Xbox 360 Elite and Halo Legends on 2-Disc DVD or Blu-ray. There will also be three (3) First Prize winners who will receive an Xbox 360 Elite and a Halo Legends on 2-disc DVD or Blu-ray. Ten (10) Second Prize winners will receive a Halo Legends standard edition DVD. The sweepstakes is open to all residents of the United States and Canada (excluding Quebec).[/quote]

More info: NameBright - Coming Soon

I should sign up. Then when I win, I can go there and say “…sooo I’ve never played this before.”