Hidamari Sketch

Always good to see more Hidamari. I hope Sentai will pick up the third season and take a look at the new one. Though I guess that will depend on how the other sets did.

Episode 10 –

spoiler

I liked how Ms. Yoshinoya took her frustration out on the principal when he wouldn’t give her permission for the show. Great piece of sculpture – “I Wanted Him To Bend”. And it was nice to see Yuno’s drawing appear in the end credits.

And just like any artist,

spoiler

Yuno wasn’t satisfied at all with the drawing while all her friends and (I’m sure) the attendees thought it was a wonderful drawing.

Episode 12 -

I knew that Sae would end up getting the snowglobe!

The first bonus ep. was so funny!
They also changed the OP song a bit, which I didn’t like.
Same tune, different lyrics, which messed up the addictiveness for me.

Episode 14 –

spoiler

It was very funny when Yuno and Miyako thought Hiro gave the love letter to Sae and they asked her how she would respond. Sae was pretty upset with the whole situation anyway. Funny too that she thought Miyako was the childish one and yet she was the one acting so immature. I always thought Sae was the most adult of the girls, but I guess she has her moments too!

So I was watching Episode 9 and…

spoiler

I saw Mesousa from Pani Poni Dash, and had to pause because I couldn’t stop laughing. I’m pretty sure I also saw Roboko’s head in the pile of garbage. Both Hidamari Sketch and Pani Poni Dash have the same director, and that’s the only thing I see in common with the two… I’m sure there’s more as well. Hidamari Sketch is full of cool little things like that.

Hidimari Sketch X365… ep. 6… Japaense Style Lasagna with meat and potatoes… boy, that sounds good, now if I could scare up a recipe - that’s not for sushi -

That did sound really good and I couldn’t find a recipe either. But I bet ShawnMerrow could make it! :slight_smile:

Yuno’s parents are so cute!

Episode 11 –

spoiler

I think this will be one of my favorite episodes. Yuno has lunch on the school’s roof only to be attacked by pigeons for her food. Then she falls asleep and dreams she’s abducted by aliens. Earlier, she watches Miyako draw the lines on the playing field, but they turn out to be the hummingbird from the famous Nazca Glyphs.

And to top everything off, Ms. Yoshinoya gets locked in the school overnight and cries. This eerie keening becomes the eighth wonder of the school. Funny how these things get started!

You forgot the best part!

spoiler

Hiro being found unconscious in the passage under the stage! The other girls were coming up with so many outlandish reasons for the incident but it turned out it was because Hiro was trying on her new pants in front of the mirror outside the costume storage room, tried to “jump” to get them all the way up and bumped her head on the low ceiling! That’s also what led Ms. Yoshinoya to find a treasure trove of costumes that she just HAD to try, which let to her getting locked in the school.

Episode 14 –

spoiler

I got a real kick out of “Polaroidon”! I liked how the girls played around with new looks for themselves too.

I was also impressed by the Principal. He can sing! But Ms. Yoshinoya was upset that he took the microphone from her and that her mini concert became a karaoke contest. She was determined not to lose, but I think she did in the end, judging by her voice.

I have found some of the most incredible YT videos-there’s a couple of people in Japan that have made videos of guitar solo versions of some of the Hidamari Sketch songs.

Hidamari Sketch Gets New Special Edition

posted on 2011-03-26 10:09 EDT
3 special editions already made for TV anime series based on Ume Aoki’s manga

The cover for Hoshimittsu is up now.
Looks like it fits right in with the first two collections quite nicely.

http://www.rightstuf.com/i/sfhs300

Hidamari Sketch/Sunshine Sketch Anime Gets 4th Season

posted on 2011-08-13 07:45 EDT
New season about art high school girls by Madoka Magica designer Ume Aoki

Of course they will…why wouldn’t they.
Hell, I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s already been snatched up and will be one of TAN’s future simulcasts. :cheer:

That’s the power of sub-only. :wink:

Hidamari Sketch x SP Slated for October, November

posted on 2011-08-15 23:50 EDT

Hoshimittsu Coming to VOD & Online 9/29!