HIDIVE Newsletters, Blogs & More

This HIDIVE newsletter was in my email this morning:

At first I thought it was a notification for HIDIVE acquiring Season 2.

Drat
downloadfile-1

2 Likes

DESCRIBE YOUR ANIME VALENTINE’S DAY AND WE’LL REVEAL YOUR HIDIVE HUSBANDO!

February 13, 2020, 4:32 PM

It’s Valentine’s Day, and there’s no better way to celebrate than by finding your HIDIVE husbando. Describe your anime Valentine’s Day for us and we’ll reveal your perfect match. So what are you waiting for? Dive in and find your HIDIVE husbando today!

DESCRIBE YOUR ANIME VALENTINE’S DAY AND WE’LL REVEAL YOUR HIDIVE WAIFU!

February 13, 2020, 4:20 PM

It’s Valentine’s Day, and there’s no better way to celebrate than by finding your HIDIVE waifu. Describe your anime Valentine’s Day for us and we’ll reveal your perfect match. So what are you waiting for? Dive in and find your HIDIVE waifu today!

4 Likes
DESCRIBE YOUR ANIME VALENTINE’S DAY AND WE’LL REVEAL YOUR HIDIVE HUSBANDO!

This quiz was rigged Yami! I promise!
Wait.
Not the hand-blades!
Aaaahhhhhh!

@Slowhand I now know why you didn’t take the quiz…

4 Likes

I’m Pleased

5 Likes

I’m sure @Slowhand would pick all the Giant Robot answers and get Roger Smith as her Husbando

4 Likes

Interesting, especially if you know my wife in real life…

Mark Gosdin

6 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

6 Likes

I wish I could have gotten yours @Psychopuppet
A harem world be nice :laughing:

your hidive waifu

2 Likes

Down for Maintenance

BACK UP

2 Likes

CELEBRATE INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY 2020 WITH WOMEN IN ANIME

March 6, 2020, 11:45 AM

This week, we’re celebrating International Women’s Day 2020, which as you should know is “a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women!”

We didn’t have to look far to find some remarkable women in anime who deserve their moment in the spotlight. Join us as we take a stroll through our gallery of programs to celebrate some of the coolest ladies around!

As always, SPOILERS AHEAD!

3 Likes

Nah I’m good.

Down for Maintenance

BACK UP

2 Likes

WHITE DAY ANIME EPISODES AS PLOT DEVICES

March 13, 2020, 5:41 PM

If you’ve never heard of White Day before, you can think of it as a reverse Valentine’s Day. In some Eastern cultures, Valentine’s Day has become the day when women give men gifts (as opposed to here in the West where anyone can give a gift to anyone).

White Day popped up in response to that trend, and now March 14 is the day when men thank the women who gave them a gift on Valentine’s Day by giving them one in return. But unlike other major holidays like Christmas, which have entire episodes or even story arcs devoted to them, anime uses White Day as a plot device more than anything else.

Oh sure, if you’re watching a romance anime, odds are that White Day will come up at some point, but rarely will it cover the entire episode. The more we watch anime, the more we realize that series use White Day in a variety of ways.

3 Likes

HIDIVE & Anime-Planet Collaboration Announcement

2020-03-19T05:00:00Z

3 Likes

Does that mean hidive shows are free now?

From the Press Release:

Today, HIDIVE and Anime-Planet announced a partnership that enables Anime-Planet’s more than 5 million monthly users to stream a selection of HIDIVE’s anime catalog directly on Anime-Planet.com.

1 Like

Thats a yes?

Did they say what shows?

It says a “SELECTION” of their shows, and no I don’t have a list.

Geez calm down. I just wanted to know if I had to have an account there and if I had to pay for it.

I can’t be any calmer. I wasn’t sure you were reading it correctly.

I would imagine that you would need an Anime Planet member, but I would recommend going there and reading their info about it.

I don’t have an account there.

1 Like