Humanity Has Declined / Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita

Humanity Has Declined / Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita

Watch on HIDIVE

Genres: adventure, comedy, science fiction, supernatural
Themes: amnesia, Fairy tales, high school, magical creatures, politics, post-apocalyptic, robot girl
Objectionable content: Mild
Plot Summary: It has been several centuries since human population has declined. Food has become harder to find and what little sources the humans have are considered highly valuable. The most prosperous species on the Earth are “Fairies”, 10 cm tall creatures with high intelligence and a great love for sweets. A nameless girl, the main character, became a UN arbitrator between the humans and the fairies and had returned to her hometown to help her grandfather. One day, the village is sent some strange products made by a company called FairyCo. Since the villagers are wary of using the products, the girl, her grandfather, and a nameless boy decide to go to the factory to find out about the mysterious products and who is behind making them.
Number of episodes: 12
Vintage: 2012-07-01

ANN Info Page

Sentai Press Release

Per PR

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE SENTAI FILMWORKS LICENSES “JINRUI WA SUITAI SHIMASHITA”

HOUSTON, July 1, 2012 — Sentai Filmworks is pleased to announce its latest acquisition: Jinrui Wa Suitai Shimashita. Directed by Seiji Kishi (Angel Beats!, Kamisama Dolls), featuring character designs by Kyuuta Sakai (Steins;Gate, Strawberry Marshmellow) series composition by Makoto Uezu (Qwaser of Stigmata, Kamisama Dolls) and music by Ko Otani (Another, Hakuoki).

For years, declining birth rates have forced what’s left of the human race to cede more and more territory to other beings who have appeared to take advantage of the emptying ecological niche. Now, only a handful of humans remain among the remnants of civilization and Earth is dominated by faeries – tiny, ten-inch tall creatures of surprising intelligence. But humanity’s importance isn’t over quite yet, as young Watashi learns as she makes the decision to return to her hometown and assume her grandfather’s position as an arbitrator between the races. Unfortunately, the job isn’t going to be anywhere near as simple as she expected, and it’s going to take a wisdom far beyond her years to achieve her most important mission. Because it’s not about how often you fall and fail, it’s about how often you get back up and try again, and the human race still has a lot left to accomplish in JINRUI WA SUITAI SHIMASHITA.

Jinrui Wa Suitai Shimashita will be available soon through select digital outlets with a home video release to follow next year.

About Sentai Filmworks:
Sentai Filmworks is one of the fastest-growing anime companies in North America, producing hit series like High School of the Dead, Towanoquon, Samurai Girls, Guin Saga, Needless and Angel Beats as well as high profile theatrical films such as Grave of the Fireflies and Appleseed. Sentai Filmworks’ programs can be found on home video distributed by Ingram Entertainment, Baker & Taylor, Section23Films, The Right Stuf and other good and fine distributors. Digital product offerings may be found at iTunes, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon, Zune Marketplace, Anime Network, Playstation Network, Android Market and YouTube.

Angel Beats/P4’s Kishi Directs Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita

posted on 2011-12-15 09:50 EST
AIC A.S.T.A. to animate with Steins;Gate designer, Katanagatari head writer

Looks like this got an official English title now.

Humanity Has Declined

Sentai hasn’t posted any of their recent AX PRs on their site yet, but CR changed the title of their stream.

Well, that’s much easier to pronounce. I will have to check out the streams for this one. I really like the premise.

Finished up Eps. 01 & 02

Oh… My… God!
This has to be the single most cute, adorable, funny and epicly random series I’ve seen in quite some time!

Headless naked sentient talking chickens bent on world domination!

Ep. 03

I’m loving this more and more as it progresses!

SPOILER

Manga renaissance!

The faries sure are a mischievous little bunch.

I know right, I love how sharp and sarcastic the Mediator girl is, this is a definite buy for me so far. :laugh:

Finished up ep. 04

Man, this series is just so out there random!

So, last episode…

spoiler

They got stuck in a blank manga created by the faries.

Continuing that story, they basically have to “create” a story for the manga and raise the popularity of it, so they don’t get cancled.

-lol-
Just like the real world!

Episode 1 is live at ANO

Ep. 06

I didn’t like this arc as much as the previous ones, however…

The over the top shonen named fight attacks part was hilarious!
And the fairies in this episode in particular were beyond adorable.

Episode 2 is live at ANO

Ep. 07

I was prepared to throw a minor fit this episode, especially after my annoyance about her hair inconsistency last episode.

spoiler

However, it turns out, this episode took place before the others, as this is the first time she meets Assistant, and her little adventures leading up to it.

I know I’ve said it before, but man, those fairies are a mischievous little bunch.

Episode 3 is live at ANO

Ep. 08

SPOILER

So, continuing the arc from last episode, we get a deeper insight into Mediator’s thoughts on the matter, and get to witness a different perspective of what happened last episode, as well as meeting Grandpa as a 13 year-old.

Man, Grandpa was a perverted little kid!

Episode 4 is live at ANO

Ep. 09

How to raise a nation and watch it fall in just 14 days!

Episode 5 is live at ANO

Episode 6 is live at ANO

Ep. 10

I love how random this series is!

spoiler

I just realized something!
Most of this series thus far has been going backwards in the timeline!
Most story arcs happened after the next arc.

After skimming all the episodes again, I think I figured this out…

spoiler

This is how the timeline currently is going forward.

Eps. 10, 7, 8, 9, 3, 4, 5, 6, 1, 2

Episode 7 is live at ANO

Ep. 11

And to continue the timeline…

This episode goes back to when Mediator was in school and first met the faries.