JoJo's Bizarre Adventure / JoJo no Kimyo na Boken

Viz Media Named Master Merchandise Licensee for Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure

posted on 2015-02-05 14:45 EST
Company will handle all merchandise related to the anime

Viz Media Becomes the North American Master Merchandise Licensee for the Action Adventure Series JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure

Feb 9th 2015

VIDEO: Latest Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure Stone Ocean Commercial for Jump Introduces Enrico Pucci

March 12, 2015 5:10am CDT
Part VI ad campaign continues

VIDEO: Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure Stardust Crusaders Egypt Chapter AnimeJapan 2015 Preview

March 21, 2015 10:09am CDT
Video looks back leading into spring’s final cour of Stardust Crusaders and its confrontation with Dio

Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure Stardust Crusaders Battle in Egype Japanese BVD Artwork Bonuses Revealed

March 22, 2015 8:50am CDT
First-run release comes with original soundtrack, lottery prizes, other goodies

Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure Anime Season 1 Listed on U.S. DVD

posted on 2015-05-07 14:20 EDT by Karen Ressler

Looks like JoJo’s is possibly being released by Warner directly.

—EDIT—

https://twitter.com/ANNZac/status/596100334067421184

At long last, signs of life for this title in the US!

No news of a dub or, probably more important, blu-ray, though?

…wait, there’s no guarantee that this is Stardust Crusaders? Well, that puts a damper on my excitement.

It’s listed as Season 1, why would it be Stardust Crusaders when Stardust Crusaders is Season 2?

Because Stardust Crusaders is the only one that matters :smile:

More soundly, it is the one that the convention circuit hyped (and is supposedly still hyping).

More info on S1.

Fandom Post

Fandom Post

People should be happy that this is finally getting a release of some kind, but nope, they still cry.
Sad… :sob:

:stuck_out_tongue:

“JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure - Part IV: Diamond Is Unbreakable” Anime Teased?

May 09, 2015 6:20pm PDT
When asked why the staff was in Sendai, response was “sorry, just some tourism”

The sage wisdom of yore applies: “if you’re not going to do something right then don’t do it at all”

When they put the dubbed blurays on the hook, I’ll bite. Until then, I’m not gonna bite.

On a side note, playing a DVD is actually becoming something of a technical hurdle for me as the software that I want use has moved beyond DVD playback, or has features that only work with blurays. Sure, VLC plays DVD reasonably well (as do PowerDVD and codec packs with LAV dvd playback disabled) but I don’t want to pay for an inconvenience.

DVD is a relic, designed for the non-progressive TVs of yesteryear that few still have and fewer still use. :frowning:

spoiler

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/078/b/e/rofl__by_angel91701-d3c0qpy.jpg

Here you go, small and affordable…

spoiler

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71oWtbHsSQL._SL1500_.jpg

spoiler

Tumblr: Image

at this stage of the game, old non progressive scanning tube TVs should be relics. DVD only of a modern era show is… :frowning: :smile:

Maybe the video will be encoded onto the DVD in a progressive, and as such easier to replay the way I want it replayed, format (unlike the many older ADV and Funi DVDs that I’ve been watching) but without a dub I still wouldn’t bite for DVD.

On the subject of video, I am liking that it appears that Viz is being circumvented with this release as Viz’s subcontractors for video production have a pretty poor track record after the Sailor Moon debacle.

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure Season 1 DVD Listed With English Dub

posted on 2015-05-11 18:20 EDT

Sheesh, make up your mind already guys! :smile:

Now this is something that I, or more likely a member of my local group, could get behind. Though if they pull a Funimation (which I could understand) and remove Roundabout then it might fall to me.

“JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure Stardust Crusaders” The Anthology Songs 3 and Blu-ray Commercials Go Online

May 17, 2015 6:53pm CDT
More TD-vision and more Misato Fukuen voicing Iggy talking!

“Jojo’s Bizarre Adventures Stardust Crusaders” THE ANTHOLOGY SONGS CM

“JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure Stardust Crusaders” CM1

“JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure Stardust Crusaders” CM2

“JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure Stardust Crusaders” CM3

“JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure Stardust Crusaders” CM4

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: The Complete First Season Arrives July 28 from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment

Jun 1st 2015

I wonder if this should be taken to mean that Roundabout will be on these DVDs?

Why can’t it be on bluray? :confounded:
WB is one of the few US companies that puts US shows onto bluray too… :question: