Jormungand

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-09-20/2nd-jormungand-anime-season-1st-promo-streamed
[size=20]2nd Jormungand Anime Season’s 1st Promo Streamed[/size]
posted on 2012-09-20 10:55 EDT
Jormungand Perfect Order to premiere on October 9/10

The official website for the Jormungand television anime series began streaming the promotional video for the second season, Jormungand Perfect Order, on Thursday. The video debuted at last month’s Comic Market 82 event in Tokyo.

The season will premiere on Japanese television at 0:30 on Tuesday, October 9 (effectively at 12:30 a.m. on Wednesday, October 10).

Keitarō Takahashi’s original manga about a female arms dealer and her accomplices ended this year, and Viz Media will publish the 10th of its 11 volumes in North America next January. The first anime season aired earlier this year. A “joint operation” between Jormungand and the American first-person shooter game Call of Duty: Black Ops II was revealed this week.

[size=16]Funimation Streams Jormungand[/size]
posted on 2012-10-09 12:11 EDT
Series to premiere on Funimation’s website this week

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-08-30/funimation-reveals-jormungand-english-voice-cast-english-trailer
[size=20]Funimation Reveals Jormungand’s English Voice Cast, English Trailer[/size]
posted on 2013-08-30 18:00 EDT
Micah Solusod, Anastasia Munoz leads cast for series shipping this winter

Funimation announced the English dub cast for its home video release of the Jormungand television anime series on Friday. Funimation will release the series on home video this winter.

Funimation is also streaming an English-dubbed clip for the series.

The cast is as follows:
Jonah - Micah Solusod
Koko - Anastasia Munoz
Alan - Tyson Rinehart
Amalia - Lydia Mackay
Black - Mark Stoddard
Chen - Jerry Russell
Chequita - Clarine Harp
Curry - Kent Williams
Edgar - Andrew T. Chandler
Karen - Shelley Calene-Black
Kasper - Eric Vale
Lehm - Christopher Smith
Lutz - Greg Ayres
Mao - Patrick Seitz
Miami - Gwendolyn Lau
Mildo - Caitlin Glass
Poe - Sean O’Connor
R - Ian Sinclair
Scarecrow - Robert McCollum
Schokolade - Brittney Karbowski
Tojo - Christopher Bevins
Ugo - Cris George
Valmet - Carli Mosier
Wilee - Akron Watson

The dub staff includes:
ADR Director - Christopher Bevins
ADR Engineer - Cris George/ Kenneth Thompson
Line Producer - Christopher Bevins

Funimation streamed both the first television series and the sequel, Jormungand Perfect Order, as they aired. The company added home video rights to the first season in June 2012.

The two seasons adapt Keitarō Takahashi’s original manga about a female arms dealer and her accomplices.

I don’t have high hopes for this show. I’m concerned about the dub as, while the director is solid, the first 2 members of the cast are not. As a whole the cast looks better than that of Guilty Crown, a dub with a good director but shaky cast (and it shows), but I’m pretty concerned about Solusod and Munoz, with some lesser concern for other cast members (ambivalent about Clarine Harp, sadly). Solusod was pretty slip-shod in GC and Carli Mosier wasn’t exactly putting on an acting clinic in Shining Hearts :frowning:

The premise to this one makes those of AKB0048 and Girls und Panzer seem perfectly sane, logical and plausible. That is to say, it is absurd. Black Lagoon it is not.

After Canaan I think that Jessica Boone would be ideal for the crazed, mannish “lady” who runs the gun running outfit.

I’m thinking that Funimation should have “taken the hit” and not dubbed this one. RAINBOW needs some company.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-10-25/funimation-delays-jormungand-dvd/bd-box-by-2-months
[size=20]Funimation Delays Jormungand DVD/BD Box by 2 Months[/size]
posted on 2013-10-25 23:38 EDT

Robert’s Anime Corner Store is listing a February 18 release date for Funimation’s Jormungand DVD and Blu-ray Disc box set. The series was originally slated to ship on December 17.

Funimation streamed both the first television series and the sequel, Jormungand Perfect Order, as they aired.

Kinda slow on the draw with this lol. Did you post the Ikki Tousen news that was included with this update as well?

I don’t like delays in general, but I don’t think that this show can be anything besides a trainwreck (a thought reinforced by the dub cast). As such, I am ambivalent.

There isn’t an Ikki Tousen thread, so I didn’t bother.

[quote=“The Coffee God” post=152439]

There isn’t an Ikki Tousen thread, so I didn’t bother.[/quote]

No thread for that series on this whole forum? I’m shocked to learn of that.

Crunchyroll Adds “Jormungand” From Funimation

December 14, 2017 12:45am CST
Series available now