K-On! / K-On! the Movie

I heard about and saw the Hawaiian shirts, along with much more merchandise that I cannot buy. :frowning:
I pre-ordered the first two boxes of the first season as soon as I possibly could and, from my viewpoint at least, thought they did a pretty good job with them. But to be fair, I didn’t much look for the small details in quality, nor did I watch the dub. As always, I only go for the dub if it’s better than the sub or if I am content with it and haven’t seen the subs yet; in this case, I did not like the dubs over the subbed original. :slight_smile:
And by DragonYumi’s question: “Is any1 in Season 2…” If you mean to ask if anyone is watching season two, then I have seen it before and hope to get it really soon. If you mean to ask if any company has it yet, then I would say that I am not certain, though Bandai is a good bet. :3

1 Like

So the last solicitation from Bandai Entertainment is…

K-ON! DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) - Anime Legends

1 Like

Very tempting, but I’m not so sure… I sort of liked K-On! But I don’t think I have the money at the moment. I’m saving what I have to get Code Geass R2 instead; which also comes out around the same time as this.

1 Like

We watched the first two (I think?) episodes yesterday and I was not impressed. It seems like a pretty typical “Hey we’re in high school let’s be cute” kind of show. It reminds me somewhat of “The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya” without the science fiction piece. I hope it gets better.

Hornet65, at this point I would say to get Code Geass R2. We just finished watching that and it was quite good.

1 Like

link no longer works, PR no longer available

Sentai Filmworks Press Release for Season 1

May 20, 2014

1 Like

Heheh so this topic has been revived!!! And for good reason. Now I gets to see season 1!!!

1 Like

I hope this one is better than the second season, so I can at least figure out why there’s such a big fuss over this series in general.

1 Like
[url=http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/K-ON-Season-1/Watch]![](upload://ir9hCrlcWGvkkOuY72PL3kBXDoS.jpeg)[/url] [b]All 12 Episodes (Dub & Sub) are now LIVE![/b]
1 Like

Sub episodes are now Free.

1 Like

Finished this up the other day.

I have to say, as much as I love most SoL, I didn’t really like this nor the second season.
Kinda sad really, since there’s so much hype about S1 in particular.

1 Like

K-On! Season 2 Cover/Disc Art

DVD

1 Like

Q. Pardon me, but I just noticed the rerelease of K-ON season 1 is DVD only, do you plan to release it in Blu-Ray later or is this all you have planned for the series?

A. Blu-ray is coming, not sure when, maybe late part of Q1 nest year?

Q. Do you have a general release date for Beyond the Boundary and/or K-On season 1. Both have been licensed for quite awhile but haven’t had a proper update yet

A. We have a general release date set for BtB, yes. Unfortunately we aren’t ready to announce it just yet. We’ve already released K-ON! Season 1 on DVD, and hopefully a Blu-ray release should be coming soon.

1 Like

http://ask.fm/SentaiFilmworks/answer/125966975453

Q. Originally you mentioned K-On season 1 would get a blu-ray release, do you know when that will be coming out?
A. I can’t really give you a solid date, but I CAN tell you that it is on our release schedule currently. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Q. Will K-On Season 1 be released on bluray?

A. Yes, it absolutely will eventually be released on Blu-ray.

Q. So since the first season of K-On! is coming out on Blu-ray, will the audio be fixed? I recall that Bandai’s release had lossy audio and wasn’t up to BD standards.

A. Our production manager Luke Patterson has been itching to answer this question since we announced the K-ON! Blu-ray release.

Luke: “Our release of K-ON! will have DTS audio, AND we’ve also gone back and cleaned a lot of the subtitles to make sure our product is the best it can be. Thanks!”

1 Like

K-On! Season 2 Collection 1 Cover/Disc Art

DVD

Blu-ray

1 Like

Nicely done. Should match the Bandai editions well enough for the collector in me.

Someone at Kyoto Animation has had fun with the “forced perspective” photographs that the teacher likes to take. Frustrated artist that she appears to be. :laugh:

Mark Gosdin

1 Like

Yay for lossless audio! I wasn’t too sold on K-On at first but it grew on me after a few episodes. I even grew to like the dub. I will be grabbing this.

1 Like

Glad it’s getting released, already have my preorder at Amazon.

Hopefully the rest of the season doesn’t take too long to release. I generally like to buy an entire season of an anime series so I can watch the entire thing rather than wait around for the next disc to come out.

1 Like

English Dub Cast

ADR Director: Tony Oliver

Starring:
Yui Hirasawa - Stephanie Sheh
Ritsu Tainaka - Cassandra Lee
Azusa Nakano - Christine Marie Cabanos
Mio Akiyama - Cristina Vee
Tsumugi Kotobuki - Shelby Lindley
Sawako Yamanaka - Karen Strassman
Jun Suzuki - Michelle Ann Dunphy
Ui Hirasawa - Xanthe Huynh

Rai’s blog, July 17, 2012

1 Like
[url=http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/K-On-Season-2/Seniors/Watch][/url] [b]Episode 01 is now LIVE![/b]
1 Like