Kaleido Star

That’s another thing that continues to impress me with this series…
The depth of character developement.

Few series seem to have this level of depth in their storylines, and even fewer keep my attention for long, much less rivited to the screen, even after several watchings.

Agree with Coffee God, the character development was great.

I did feel sorry for Ken. Sora never did catch a clue there. The poor guy was carrying a torch big enough to burn the place down.

I have to get around to buying a copy of season 2. It has been years since I saw it.

It’ll be interesting to see how well Vandread holds up since it’s been almost 4 now yrs since I last watched it. I’m looking forward to it. I can’t wait to see the ending, I remember watching that last episode the first time I saw it maybe 15x. :slight_smile:

Season 2

spoiler

I liked season 2 but there was one part I really liked. I thought it was really touching when Marion asked Sora to take her mother’s part in the show her mom had made for her. Think this really showed how much Marion had grown to respect and love Sora.

[details=spoiler] Yeah that was one of the nice sweet moments. :slight_smile:

As far as Ken, nice guys finish last? ;)[/details]

[size=16]Funimation Adds Kaleido Star[/size]
posted on 2010-06-25 19:20 EDT
Gonzo anime title formerly licensed by ADV Films

Started this series up again about an hour ago, to show to my best friend.

It’s rather interesting, I have yet to tire of this series, even after several watches and enjoy it just as much, if not more, with each following viewing.

We watched the first two episodes and she enjoyed them enough to want to continue. She’s not much of an anime watcher though, but I’ve introduced her to a few series that she has enjoyed, so let’s hope she enjoys this one as well. I’d be rather heart broken if she winds up not liking this one.

So Funimation confirmed their second season set will include the Layla & Legend of the Phoenix OVA’s. They also confirmed they will be sub only like the Vandread OVA’s.

Kaleido Star Season 2 + OVAs DVD Complete Collection (Hyb)

Yeah, I saw that.
It’s fairly reasonbly priced (if not, way cheap) for a season set, but really, the only way I’ll get this now, is if it winded up in the bargain bin for like $15.

[quote=TheCoffeeGod]
Yeah, I saw that.
It’s fairly reasonbly priced (if not, way cheap) for a season set, but really, the only way I’ll get this now, is if it winded up in the bargain bin for like $15.[/quote]

During a funimation sale should be like $21.59 with got anime. I’ll probably get it then even though I own the second season in singles already. Hopefully they put the OVA and extra’s on a separate disc and I’ll just put it in with the last volume of the singles.

[quote=psychopuppet]
During a funimation sale should be like $21.59 with got anime. I’ll probably get it then even though I own the second season in singles already. Hopefully they put the OVA and extra’s on a separate disc and I’ll just put it in with the last volume of the singles.[/quote]

:laugh:
Yeah, I did the math, still don’t think I’ll triple dip on it at that cost though.
However, if you’re going to, you can let me know if the OVA is on a separate disc.
If it is, I might decide to get it during the sale, and do what you’re going to do, and trash the rest.

I think I’d rather buy the ADV season thinpaks…which happen to be $15 each. I wish I had money ;_;

Kaleido Star is EASILY in my top 2. Nothing short of amazing. Hah, get it? Because every episode title has… uh, never mind. >.>

My copy of Kaleido Star S2 with the OVA’s should be shipping today or tomorrow. I’ll let everyone know if the OVA’s are on their own disc or not.

Yay I got my ADV thinkpak of season 1 and 2. Watched the first disc, and YAY. I remember why this show stood out among other shoujo series that I typically don’t like. It’s a very unique show, that’s for sure. It’s well written and I really like Sora.

OKAY I finished the first season. LOVED IT!

I almost cried when Layla said she couldn’t perform anymore ;_;

All in all the first season is truly amazing, everyone needs to watch it! It’s a shoujo that even people who don’t normally watch shoujo (ME) can appreciate!

Now on to season 2!

-edit-

Looks like my guess was incorrect, so I’ll edit out the rest of the post.
I’ll leave the link and add the announcement link in though just incase anyone was/is curious.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-07-31/tamayura/kaleido-star-junichi-sato-to-unveil-new-work-and-heroine

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-08-07/tamayura/kaleido-star-sato-makes-zetsumetsu-kigu-shojo-amazing-twins-anime

Started re-watching this the other day.
Was reminded tonight as to why it’s in my Top 5.

spolier

That diabolo battle between Sora and Rosetta in ep. 07 is just so damn awesome!

Crunchyroll Adds “Kaleido Star” to Anime Catalog

September 14, 2017 6:30pm CDT
More Funimation titles go live on Crunchyroll

Crunchyroll Adds “Kaleido Star: New Wings” to Anime Catalog

September 21, 2017 10:00pm CDT
Series live on Crunchyroll tonight