Someday's Dreamers / Someday's Dreamers II Sora

###Someday’s Dreamers/Mahō Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto

Genres: magic, slice of life
Themes: coming of age, iyashikei
Objectionable content: Mild
Number of episodes: 12
Vintage: 2003-01-09 to 2003-03-27

Plot Summary: Yume Kikuchi, a girl who can use magic, goes to Tokyo to be an apprentice mage to the handsome Masami Oyamada (a professional mage). In Tokyo, Yume learns about magic, helping people, and various other things on her way to being a mage. but she soon also finds out that even just magic alone isnt enough to make someone truly happy…

ANN Info Page
####Watch on the Anime Network Online Player

Title: SOMEDAY’S DREAMERS COMPLETE COLLECTION
Published by: Sentai Filmworks
Distributed by: Section23 Films
Run Time: 300 min.
Street Date: 4/17/2012
Format: DVD
Language: English & Japanese with English Subtitles
SRP: $49.98

Buy From Rightstuf:
Someday’s Dreamers DVD Complete Collection (Hyb)

###Someday’s Dreamers II Sora / Mahō Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto: Natsu no Sora

Genres: magic, romance, slice of life
Themes: iyashikei
Number of episodes: 12
Vintage: 2008-07-02

Plot Summary: Suzuki Sora is a cheerful country girl from the small town of Bie. She made a promise to her father, and following this promise applies and is accepted for a magic internship in Tokyo, where she will face the life in a big city. While training to get better with her magic, she meets a mysterious boy also practicing to become a mage. While he can not use magic that well and he seems distant and cold at first, Sora’s fate intertwines with his and the two are thrown together, learning a lot of new things about life and each other.

ANN Info Page

Per PR:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

###SENTAI FILMWORKS LICENSES “SOMEDAY’S DREAMERS II SORA”

HOUSTON, July 2, 2012 — Proving that the second time is the charm, Sentai Filmworks is pleased to bring fans another helping of practical magic with their most recent acquisition: Someday’s Dreamers II Sora. Directed by Osamu Koabayashi (Paradise Kiss) with Someday’s Dreamers Season 1’s Norie Yamada (Original Story & Screenplay) and Kumichi Yoshizuki (Character Designs) helping to bring Someday’s Dreamers II Sora to beautiful life.

Get ready for a second magical journey to the world of SOMEDAY’S DREAMERS, where spellcasting is a profession that requires both the proper training AND a license. It’s to get that license and fulfill a promise made to her late father that young Sora Suzuki has made the long journey from her distant home in the countryside town of Biei to the big city of Tokyo. It’s a daunting challenge, but she’s got a little bit of talent, a charming personality and, most important of all, the promise of an internship! What she ISN’T expecting, though, is how different life in the city will be, especially the people themselves. While she gets along with the confident Asagi, Kuroda and the gentle Hiyori, she’s completely confused with the mysterious boy Gouta. And yet, as a result of their internships they keep ending up in the same situations and slowly learning to understand more about each other than they ever imagined possible! Prepare to be enchanted all over again as Sora slowly discovers the most powerful magic of all in SOMEDAY’S DREAMERS II SORA – THE COMPLETE COLLECTION!

Someday’s Dreamers II Sora will be available through digital outlets and on subtitled DVD later this year.

About Sentai Filmworks:
Sentai Filmworks is one of the fastest-growing anime companies in North America, producing hit series like High School of the Dead, Towanoquon, Samurai Girls, Guin Saga, Needless and Angel Beats as well as high profile theatrical films such as Grave of the Fireflies and Appleseed. Sentai Filmworks’ programs can be found on home video distributed by Ingram Entertainment, Baker & Taylor, Section23Films, The Right Stuf and other good and fine distributors. Digital product offerings may be found at iTunes, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon, Zune Marketplace, Anime Network, Playstation Network, Android Market and YouTube.

Saw the first episode on a promo disk and did want to see the full series someday.

It’s a very nice mellow show and has an amazing soundtrack. The opening and closing themes are among my all time favorites. This was one I was always hoping Sentai would pick up. It fits in nicely with many of their licenses.

Sort of think of it as Aria with a little more magic thrown in, and no gondolas.

Added release info and Rightstuf link to first post.

Per PR:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

[size=16]SENTAI FILMWORKS LICENSES “SOMEDAY’S DREAMERS”[/size]

HOUSTON, January 4, 2012— Sentai Filmworks is pleased to announce the recent acquisition of the anime classic SOMEDAY’S DREAMERS. Based on the hit manga by Kumichi Yoshizuki and Norie Yamada (originally released in North America by Tokyo Pop,) and with script supervision by co-creator Yamada, the twelve episode series was directed by Masami Shimoda (Boys Be, 11 Eyes, Polyphonica) with character design adaptations by Michinori Chiba and Nobue Yoshinaga.

When can flunking a spelling test cause major problems? When you’re learning how to use magic, of course! And that’s exactly the situation fifteen-year-old Yume Kikuchi finds herself in when she travels to Tokyo to begin her apprenticeship as a licensed magic user. Unfortunately, Yume’s a country girl in the big city for the first time and there are a lot of new-fangled ideas to get used to. Like her new mentor, Oyamada, turning out to be a man instead of the expected woman! Add to that the fact that Yume’s not really very confident about her abilities to achieve her goal of a magic license and she might just jinx herself into failing! It will take a lot of helping hands from her equally challenged fellow students and even more aid from her teachers if she’s going to succeed, but in the end, the most important lesson she’ll learn may not even be about spellcasting. The process of growing up and discovering what lies inside your own heart is the most wonderful magic of all in SOMEDAY’S DREAMERS – THE COMPLETE COLLECTION!

SOMEDAY’S DREAMERS will soon be available digitally through many outlets, with a home video release this spring on DVD.

About Sentai Filmworks:
Sentai Filmworks is one of the fastest-growing anime companies in North America, producing hit series like High School of the Dead, Towanoquon, Samurai Girls, Guin Saga, Needless and Angel Beats as well as high profile theatrical films such as Grave of the Fireflies and Appleseed. Sentai Filmworks’ programs can be found on home video distributed by Ingram Entertainment, Baker & Taylor, Section23Films, The Right Stuf and other good and fine distributors. Digital product offerings may be found at iTunes, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon, Zune Marketplace, Anime Network, Playstation Network, Android Market and YouTube.

Cover art is up.
Looks like nothing has changed from the preliminary.

Episode 8 –

I didn’t know Angela had it in her! She always struck me as cold and unemotional. Even her falling in love seemed a little on the strange side. But she came up with a nice twist. (sorry – couldn’t resist! :lol: ) And it was nice to see some emotion from her.

Anyone notice the fairly obvious stage names for the VAs in the credits on this one? They’re pretty silly, especially I think the second or third episode -

DICK SMALLBERRIES JR. ~!~~!!!

I watched a few episodes and dumped the series because I think I genuinely hate it. :lol:

I usually give pretty much every series a chance but this one…ugh…seriously: Smiley has got to be one of the worst character I’ve ever seen on an AN show. (seriously, look at that http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=357 )

Mwahahahaha! I had completely forgot about the stage names on this one.

Episode 9 –

A mystery! Just who is that little girl that only Yume can see and why does the Councilor have a drawer full of toys?

Episode 10 –

Yume has nice ambitions and I know she wants to help people, but it was interesting to see her having second thoughts about her special powers and about becoming a mage. She visits past clients and one man even tells her that mage actions really don’t solve problems in the long run. How sad she looked when she heard that! It looks as if she doesn’t want to take the test and be a mage now at all.

Episode 11 –

Yume finds out that she must perform magic on her teacher for her certification test, but she’s still having second thoughts. A tragic incident from Oyamada’s past is revealed and now I know why he’s always so sad. And it turns out that because of that accident, he questions himself as much as Yume questions herself. Oyamada cautions Yume to never get attached to mage actions and yet that is his very same problem although he denies it.
Yume visits Ginpun and confesses her fears to him, but he tells her that she must find her own answer. Later, when she is walking around aimlessly in the rain, she comes upon an injured cat and her companion. As she holds the dying cat, the healthy cat seems to look at her so hopefully. What will she do? I hope she uses her special powers to help the little cat!

Episode 12 –

How sad that the little cat died! And Yume removes her ring – I think she’s really going to give up. But she speaks with someone that she once helped and he sets her straight. Then Mrs. Takahashi ends up thanking her as well and Yume regains her resolve.
She begs Oyamada to let her take the exam and returns the ring to her finger. She shows Oyamada a world where he died and Takako lived. Takako even speaks with him and tells him why she would have chosen to live that way if he had died. She reminds him of her last words and asks him to enjoy his life. It was a teary moment when she tells him that she is always with him and he finally lets her go, putting his past to rest.
I guess that means that Yume passed the test! And now that she’s certified, it’s time for her to move on. It was nice to see her visit everyone to say her goodbyes. I see that Smiley is now a mage-in-training. Good for him! Oyamada sees her off and invites her to visit again and Yume promises that she will. This was a really sweet little story.

[size=6]http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Someday-s-Dreamers/Watch[/size]

[size=5]Episode 01 is now LIVE![/size]

Cover art has been posted.

[size=16]Watch Someday’s Dreamers II Sora On Anime Network Online[/size]

[url=http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Someday-s-Dreamers/Sunset-a-Steel-Frame-Part-1/Watch][/url] [b]Episode 01 is now LIVE![/b]

I watched the first episode a few days ago. What is up with the not-quite-photographic backgrounds? Does anyone else find it as disturbing as I do?

I’m rather disappointed with the quality of the animation and character design. Rather pathetic, really. A serious let-down from the original series. This had to have been done on the cheap. I own the original series and I don’t think I’ll be getting this one.

I can’t believe how dark this series is.

Episode 12 –

This wasn’t quite what I expected after seeing the first series, but I did love the Irish music. And I wasn’t expecting this story to be so sad. Sora fulfills her father’s last request and just like that, she dies. It’s sad too that Gota never got to see her again. But she really touched the lives of her friends and no one will ever forget her.
Five years later, it was nice to see the singer that Sora loved make it and her last song was really sweet. I don’t think she’ll forget Sora either.
So, you know I had to start crying when Gota met Sora’s mother and asked for directions to the tree, telling her that he was meeting his girlfriend there. She tosses him the tomato after telling him how to get to the tree and they part, each without knowing who the other was.
When Gota finally gets to the tree and speaks to Sora, I really lost it. It was incredibly sad, but nice too, especially when he ate the tomato and told Sora about all the places he’d been to. Then he does magic and shows her the oceans and in the end, he promises to visit her again someday. Even the fact that he still considered Sora his girlfriend really touched me. I wish their ending could have been a happier one, but the story as a whole was a good one.