Kamisama Dolls

I think you’re referring to Mahiru, not Kuuko.
Kuuko is the policeman’s daughter who saved Hibino.

1 Like

I really don’t like Kuuko either but your right.

In fact the only female character I like in this show is Hibino, the rest are way too crazy for my taste.

1 Like

While not the best show of the summer, Kamisama Dolls was still enjoyable for what it was, though with all the mood swings, I’m still not sure what that was.

Brains Base certainly set it up for a second season, so I hope they can deliver.

1 Like

Kamisama Dolls Sequel Still Undecided

posted on 2011-10-18 23:31 EDT

1 Like

Can’t say I’m surprised either. I would watch a second season if it was produced, but I don’t know if I’d go as far as purchasing the show myself.

1 Like

This can get moved to the other section now.

Press Release

1 Like

Complete Collection Cover/Disc Art

DVD

Blu-ray

1 Like

Sentai Filmworks is have an English Cast Guessing Game on their Facebook page. Hop on over and give it a try!

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/notes/sentai-filmworks/kamisama-dolls-guessing-game/584961634864286

1 Like

Three roles have been guessed, here’s who’s left.

1 Like

Here’s some more roles and who’s left.

1 Like

English Dub Cast

ADR Director: Steven Foster

Starring:
Kyohei Kuga - Leraldo Anzaldua
Hibino Shiba - Monica Rial
Utao Kuga - Hilary Haag
Aki Kuga - David Matranga
Koushiro Hyuga - Adam Gibbs
Kirio - Luci Christian
Suo - Brittney Karbowski
Yasuyuki Kuga - Rob Mungle
Shingo Shiba - Sam Roman
Kuuko Karahari - Maggie Flecknoe
Kyousuke Karahari - Mike Yager
Moyako Somaki - Kris Carr
Mahiru Hyuga - Genevieve Simmons
Chihaya Senou - Shelley Calene-Black
Kirio Hyuga - Luci Christian
Takeshi Hirashiro - Andrew Love
Shimoyama - Beth Lazarou
Kiyokata Kuga - Thomas Stanley
Sahei Hyuga - Corey Hartzog
Ayame - Blake Shepard
Fujima - David Wald

Double-checking on the roles played by Beth Lazarou and Blake Shepard, they are possibly switched.

1 Like

Is it just me or is it kind of funny that there could be doubt that Blake Shepard could have had his credit swapped with that of a person whom I presume to be a woman?

Anyhow, is there an ETA for this show today on TAN? I, of course, have noticed that it is not yet there yet the list says that today is indeed the day that it arrives.

Currently it isn’t listed as being in HD online, only that it is dubbed. Will there be an HD version posted online?

1 Like

For the Online Player, the date is (or should be) February 22. It should be uploaded right around Midnight CT.

1 Like

It does say 2/22. Over here in the eastern time zone it has rolled over to 2/22 so I figured I’d give it a click. Normally I’m not waiting with baited breath for TAN debut releases so I’d forgotten the procedure (Since the ads are everywhere & I totally forgot about this show until recently I’m curious this time).

So it won’t come on until 1 AM Eastern Time? I dunno, that extra hour of waiting might be too much for me :wink:

1 Like

Watch Kamisama Dolls on TAN Online

Episode 01 is now LIVE!

1 Like

I just checked again and it is not yet viewable for me. Oh well, I seem to recall running into this the last time I went to stream something near its release date and having this issue. I don’t remember what it was, or if it was a debut (I’m sure I could search the forums to find out but I’m not that curious) but I’m getting that weird “deja vu all over again” feeling here.

I suppose it’ll get here when it gets here. I’m not in a hurry. Besides, this reminds me that I should really be ordering more Sentai dubs; I don’t like blind-buys, as I’ve said before, but I bought Ice in triplicate so clearly I have no standards about which to worry when it comes to Sentai dubs, right? :wink:

Edit: to clarify, not that I think the ICE dub is bad, just that since I have 3 copies of it to my name I’ll clearly buy and enjoy anything with a guaranteed good (ie:Sentai) dub attached.

1 Like

Oddly enough, I get the option to play Ep 1 if I go to the “watch” tab of the show’s TAN page.

However, if I go to where the play option normally is on the “show info” page (which is the default page), I do not get the option to play.

1 Like

That info page is always lagging behind.

1 Like

Awww, they went for the very awkward literal translation in ep 1, as well as an inconsistent (and awkward) use of honorifics. C’mon guys.

I feel sorry for Leraldo Anzaldua as he’s playing characters who are, well, abused often lol. At least Twice by a character played by Karbowski, who sounds hilarious when using her “drunk voice” in this series, IMO.

BTW, why’d the precocious-yet-petulant loli make it to the cover of the BD instead of the almost absurdly busty, demure-looking older girl who was also featured in all the ads?

This series seems more intriguing than I originally thought. The power of the dub.

1 Like

I’d say because they (the two on the cover) are the story.