Kokoro Connect

Good, hopefully it follows here as well.

that clears up my confusion. just finished watching episode 13 and it showed a small preview, so it seemed, for another episode but there wasn’t another one left to watch. thus my confusion. anyway…

now i feel the same as rebecca does. guesse only time will tell.

the US Dub of kokoro is coming out in October!, with the OVA’s in December

Complete Collection Cover/Disc Art

DVD

Blu-ray

The mix of purple and orange from the sunset surprisingly looks very nice. I like it overall.

I would have expected someone to have pointed out the obvious in this thread.

K-On! - Character Design by Shiromizakana
Lucky Star - Character Design by Shiromizakana
Tamako Market - Character Design by Shiromizakana

Yukiko HORIGUCHI at ANN
堀口 悠紀子
Family name (in kanji): 堀口
Given name (in kanji): 悠紀子
Also known as: Shiromizakana

Since it was obvious, I didn’t think there was really a need to point it out in the thread.

B)

IMO thinking of the radical ambiguity in the Japanese language is depressing as it reminds me of how poor the Japanese are with puns despite their language being so set up for them.

I’m not sure about this show though, it brings back memories of the Scooby Doo live action movie and The Hot Chick. Strikes me as one of those shows that only has a premise, and not a plot, but I guess I’ll see it at some point.

I see that the moeblobs are in “suggestive” poses on the dvds but I don’t, ahem, see the attraction. If there’s a moeblob gene I certainly didn’t get it.

Episodes 1-13 (Dub) are live at ANO

Kokoro Connect Official English Dub Cast

ADR Director - Christopher Ayres

English Vocal Cast
Taichi Yaegashi - Greg Ayres
Iori Nagase - Monica Rial
Himeko Inaba - Luci Christian
Yui Kiriyama - Emily Neves
Aoki Yoshifumi - Clint Bickham
Maiko Fujishima - Carli Mosier
Ryuzen Goto - David Matranga
Rina Yaegashi - Brittney Karbowski
Anzu Kiriyama - Tiffany Terrell
Reika Nagase - Molly Searcy
Inaba’s Brother - Christopher Ayres
Yoshifumi’s Dad - Brent Marshall

Additional Voices:
Hayley Adams
Christopher Ayres
Shannon Emerick
Brittney Karbowski
Mark X Laskowski
Connor Leach
Margaret McDonald
Brent Marshall
Carli Mosier
Molly Searcy

OVA Collection Cover/Disc Art

DVD

Blu-ray

This cast list just brings back memories of AKB0048.

Is it related to the stuff that happened that cause a whole arc that switched from being planned to air on TV to becoming the OVA (which legally in NA, there’s no way to watch until December (by street date anyway, kinda hoping for a HSotD:OVA set up to occur))

It’s hard to say whether they were planned to air immediately following the first 13 episodes or not.
But technically, they were aired on TV, just one full season (3 months) later.

So this might be a case, since 13 episodes fits the JP seasonal airing timeslots, where they had to air it in a different season due to time restrictions placed on them by the channel companies.

Hello Anime Network,

(I’m new here, so just let me know if I’m posting this in the wrong place…)

I’ve been watching Kokoro Connect this weekend and I was wondering if anyone knew why the opening songs for Kokoro Connect changes between the Japanese and English Dub versions?

They seem to be completely different songs, at least for the first 3~ish episodes that I’ve seen so far. Is it a licensing issue or was the decision made for some other reason?

I’m curious to know, but it’s no big deal nothing becomes of this post.

It’s a long complicated story, but the general reason is because the band’s composer of eufonius which did the original TV airing OP (the subbed version here) removed himself from the band due to remarks he made about one of the JP VAs.

And subsequently, the JP production committee removed the original OP song for their release of the series, and replaced it with the new one, which is the one you hear for the dub.

FEATURE: Cruising the Crunchy-Catalog: “Kokoro Connect”

December 18, 2016 2:05pm CST
High school romance and drama with a strange, science fiction twist pervade this 2012 TV anime

Complete Collection (TV & OVA) Cover/Disc Art

DVD

Blu-ray

Kokoro Connect Official Dub Trailer