Kokoro Connect

###Kokoro Connect

Genres: comedy, drama, romance, supernatural
Themes: body switch, Psychology, school
Objectionable content: Mild
Number of episodes: 17
Vintage: 2012-07-07 to 2012-09-29

Plot Summary: Kokoro Connect revolves around the daily, not so normal lives of Taichi, Iori, Himeko, Yoshifumi and Yui and their encounters in the Cultural Research Club. Up until recently they thought that they and their friends lived normal happy lives, but now the Heartseed is pulling their lives apart and exposing their inner secrets through body switching, urges and age regression.

ANN Info Page
####Watch on the Anime Network Online Player

Per PR:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

###SENTAI FILMWORKS LICENSES “KOKORO CONNECT”

HOUSTON, July 2, 2012 — 3 girls + 2 boys = a 5-way body swap in Sentai Filmworks’ latest acquisition: Kokoro Connect! Directed by Shin Oonuma (Dusk maiden of Amnesia, ef ~ a tale of memories.) and Shinya Kwamo (.hack//GIFT) with series composition by Fumihiko Shimo (Air, CLANNAD), character designs by Toshifumi Akai (Sound of the Sky) and sound direction by Toshiki Kameyama (Hidamari Sketch, Dusk maiden of Amnesia).

The five members of the Cultural Study group that meets in class 401 have spent a lot of time wondering what it would be like to be in someone else’s shoes. But they’re about to learn that there’s a huge difference between thinking about something and literally BEING in someone else’s shoes! Because that’s exactly what happens when, suddenly and inexplicably, they each find themselves inside the body of the girl (or boy) next door! What happens next? Well, besides bringing a whole new meaning to the term “Exchange Student” and the expected freaked out runs to the bathroom, it’s not hard to do the math: Take one wrestling geek, the resident cool girl, the class clown, the popular chick and one sultry maid of mystery, scramble thoroughly and divide, and you can bet that pretty soon they’ll be answering ALL of the questions they never wanted to know about the opposite sex in ways they never anticipated! Get ready for the wildest game of musical bodies ever as Taichi, Himeko, Yoshifumi, Yui and Iori have to survive seeing the world through each others’ eyes in: KOKORO CONNECT!

Kokoro Connect will be available through digital outlets with a home video release to follow next year.

About Sentai Filmworks:
Sentai Filmworks is one of the fastest-growing anime companies in North America, producing hit series like High School of the Dead, Towanoquon, Samurai Girls, Guin Saga, Needless and Angel Beats as well as high profile theatrical films such as Grave of the Fireflies and Appleseed. Sentai Filmworks’ programs can be found on home video distributed by Ingram Entertainment, Baker & Taylor, Section23Films, The Right Stuf and other good and fine distributors. Digital product offerings may be found at iTunes, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon, Zune Marketplace, Anime Network, Playstation Network, Android Market and YouTube.

Ok, I think we are done now. :dry:

I’m satisfied, what I was interested in most has been licensed by Sentai.

Mark Gosdin

Huh, now I want to check this show out. I wonder how they’ll handle the one girl who has to stay a girl during the body swapping.

Is anyone else thinking about Exchange, that circa 2000 movie with a Baldwin Brother where people body swap at will? The coital aspects of this switch just remind me of the line from the movie where the woman tells the man, in regards to body swapped coitus: “Once you’ve been a woman, you’ll never want to be a man again!”

How much does this resemble the Rob Schneider move The Hot Chick, assuming that someone else on earth saw that movie ?

Ep. 04

I wasn’t quite sure what to think of this series at first
After the first two eps. I was kind of “eh” on it, but these past 2 eps. have brought some really nice drama aspects to the table.
So I’m definitely sold on this one!

Ep. 05

:blink:
Wow, and here I thought the drama in the last episode got kicked up.

[details=spoiler]Heartseed is such a damn troll!

So, because these five people are boring him, he takes Iori’s body over and makes her jump off a ledge into the water! If that isn’t enough, he gives the rest of the group 30 minutes to decide who will die with Iori’s body and grants them the ability to switch at will by stating vocally who they will switch with. After this amazingly heartwarming but sad 30 minute time limit, he then tells them she’ll be just fine.

Pfft! What a troll![/details]

[url=http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Kokoro-Connect/A-Story-That-Had-Already-Begun-Before-Anyone-Realized-It/Watch][/url] [b]Episode 01 is now LIVE![/b]

Looks like it should be fun, now if I could just see it on my big screen TV…

Not to worry, I’m sure it’ll pop up on VOD some time in the future.
Depending on what Sentai is going to do with it though, it probably won’t be any time soon.

If you have a PS3 and Crunchyroll subscription, you can watch on the big screen. Just don’t do it during busy hours…

He’s on a dial-up connection, so he prefers it to be on VOD.

No, I have cable internet, but it still would be nice to sit down in the other room and watch it on a big screen instead of seeing it at like 4x6 or so on my computer.

Ahh, I take it you finally upgraded then.
Last I remember from awhile ago, you were saying in the VOD thread that you only had dial-up.

Welcome to the party then!

[url=http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Kokoro-Connect/Some-Fascinating-Humans/Watch][/url] [b]Episode 02 is now LIVE![/b]

Ep. 06

This series just continues to amuse and amaze me.

[details=spoiler]Heartseed continues to raise the level.
So they’ve stopped switching bodies randomly now.
Now, they’re presented with a new challenge, their deepest desires/inhibitions have been let loose for randomness.

I think Inaba coming on to Taichi was the best one thus far.
That was hilarious![/details]

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-08-15/kokoro-connect-anime-listed-with-17-episodes
[size=20]Kokoro Connect Anime Listed With 17 Episodes[/size]
posted on 2012-08-15 12:56 EDT

The official website for the Kokoro Connect television anime lists the second and final Blu-ray/DVD volume of the Michi Random arc with episodes 16-17. Besides the Blu-ray Discs and DVDs, the website does not specify if the anime’s Michi Random arc will be released through other means, nor does it specify if more arcs will be animated. (Michi Random is the fourth volume of Sadanatsu Anda’s original light novel series.)

[url=http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Kokoro-Connect/Jobber-and-Low-Blow/Watch][/url] [b]Episode 03 is now LIVE![/b]

I’m rather enjoying this. Talk about being selfless, kicking yourself in the groin to help someone…

Ep. 08

With some good advice from Mr. Go and Fujishima, Taichi looks like he’s finally out of his funk.
Though him knocking Iori down due to his desires being unleased was a bit depressing.

[url=http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Kokoro-Connect/Twin-Feelings/Watch][/url] [b]Episode 04 is now LIVE![/b]

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-09-04/kokoro-connect-staff-issues-statements-on-performer-treatment
[size=20]Kokoro Connect Staff Issues Statements on Performer’s Treatment[/size]
posted on 2012-09-04 04:00 EDT
Voice actor Mitsuhiro Ichiki, others also write about controversial PR campaign

On Sunday, the official website for the Kokoro Connect anime issued a statement regarding the treatment of voice actor Mitsuhiro Ichiki at a June 24 advanced screening of the series. Ichiki had auditioned for a character who was not in Sadanatsu Anda’s original light novel series, and he was invited to the streamed event, purportedly as a surprise voice cast member.

At the event, the staff and cast informed Ichiki that he would act as the Head of Public Relations for the series, and not as part of the voice cast. The staff and cast revealed to Ichiki that his audition process was fake, in what the news source Netlab reported as a “Candid Camera-style project.” (This part of the event can be seen in the event’s Ustream archive at the 1:06 mark.)

While Ichiki accepted the position of Public Relations Head, criticism of the event (and the ensuing laughter and teasing he received from other participants) began appearing on online forums. The criticism eventually led an overwhelming flow of comments to the blogs and Twitter accounts of people directly and indirectly involved with the event. That prompted the official statement, signed by “The Entire Staff of Kokoro Connect,” which apologizes for “insufficient consideration regarding performers” leading to "widespread discomfort and misunderstanding."

The Kokoro Connect staff’s statement goes on, asserting that there was a plan to have Ichiki travel across Japan over the three months of the anime’s broadcast. However, the staff asserted that due to “selective alterations” of comments made in events and radio programs related to this campaign, comments “differing from their original intention” were posted to the Internet, causing widespread misunderstanding and confusion, for which the staff apologized.

The statement ended by promising that the entire staff of the series will seriously reflect on the incident in their future work on the program. The staff added that they are investigating the possibility of taking measures against “illegal acts” made in regards to the unauthorized usage, alteration, and uploading of sounds and images related to the series, as well as the leakage of personal information and “human rights violations” of individuals involved in the series.

In the wake of this situation, the official Kokoro Connect Bunken Shimbun online radio program for the show was canceled on Friday. Voice actress Eri Kitamura also announced that her agency deleted her Twitter account, after she received a number of offensive messages regarding an unproven personal involvement with Kokoro Connect’s producer Takahiro Yamanaka. Kitamura is not part of the Kokoro Connect’s cast.

[size=15]Ichiki’s Statement[/size]
Also on Sunday, Mitsuhiro Ichiki wrote a post on his official blog regarding the incident. He began by apologizing for the worry caused by the incident, as well as the damage that has occurred as a result of it.

Ichiki then asserted that while news websites are calling the situation involving him a case of “Candid Camera-style bullying and abuse-of-power harassment,” he did not feel that either has taken place. Ichiki said that his appointment as a PR head, rather than as a voice actor, was a surprise to him, but he and his talent agency accepted the job after considering the situation.

Ichiki then asserted that he believes that if the situation were a true case of bullying, then the fans present at the June screening in question as well as its over 20,000 online viewers, along with the listeners of the later radio programs in question, would have reacted negatively at an earlier point in time. Ichiki also expressed his feelings of sadness that colleagues he has worked to build relationships with have been “slandered” online as a result of the situation and due to articles online that “twisted the truth” and “edited videos” that “tricked” users.

Ichiki continued that the various acts in the campaign were able to be carried out because of his friendly relationship with the other individuals involved and in the interest of entertaining fans. He also wrote that he has no feelings of ill will toward anyone involved in the series, including the title’s producer, Takahiro Yamanaka.

[size=15]Other Responses[/size]
Other voice actors involved in the production of the series and its promotion have also made similar statements regarding the incident, including Hisako Kanemoto (link), Takuma Terashima (link), Asuka Ōgame (link), and Takahiro Mizushima (link).

The Kokoro Connect/Ishiki controversy garnered attention after Hajime Kikuchi (no relation to the voice actor of the same name), a member of the band eufonius, made denigrating comments toward singer Halko Momoi on Twitter. (The band provides Kokoro Connect’s opening theme song.) Kikuchi later apologized for his comments, but both Kikuchi and Momoi have stopped using the service since then. Online posters discovered a number of controversial statements in a subsequent search of Kikuchi’s Twitter postings, including some that were interpreted to be about the series and the incident in question.

Update: The Kokoro Connect Production Committee posted another statement on Tuesday. The committee members apologized for the further confusion caused by the “insufficient explanation” posted on Sunday.

The committee asserted that the original intent was to appoint Ichiki as the symbol of the anime’s promotional campaign on radio, via Ustream, and at events. He would struggle in the beginning, but would overcome difficulties with his bonds with the others during the three-month “Tochi Random” caravan. The staff was also planning to make Ichiki part of the actual voice cast on or after episode 14.

However, the committee members asserted that they could not convey the original intentions of their plan due to their lack of careful direction and execution, which offended many people’s feelings. Despite the cooperations of Ichiki, the voice cast, and the staff, this caused confusion and offended the fans of the cast. They said that took this seriously, will reflect on this, and apologized.