Kokoro Connect

Kokoro Connect

Watch on HIDIVE

Genres: comedy, drama, romance, supernatural
Themes: body switch, Psychology, school
Objectionable content: Mild
Plot Summary: Kokoro Connect revolves around the daily, not so normal lives of Taichi, Iori, Himeko, Yoshifumi and Yui and their encounters in the Cultural Research Club. Up until recently they thought that they and their friends lived normal happy lives, but now the Heartseed is pulling their lives apart and exposing their inner secrets through body switching, urges and age regression.
Number of episodes: 17
Vintage: 2012-07-07 to 2012-09-29

ANN Info Page

Press Release

Per PR:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SENTAI FILMWORKS LICENSES “KOKORO CONNECT”

HOUSTON, July 2, 2012 — 3 girls + 2 boys = a 5-way body swap in Sentai Filmworks’ latest acquisition: Kokoro Connect! Directed by Shin Oonuma (Dusk maiden of Amnesia, ef ~ a tale of memories.) and Shinya Kwamo (.hack//GIFT) with series composition by Fumihiko Shimo (Air, CLANNAD), character designs by Toshifumi Akai (Sound of the Sky) and sound direction by Toshiki Kameyama (Hidamari Sketch, Dusk maiden of Amnesia).

The five members of the Cultural Study group that meets in class 401 have spent a lot of time wondering what it would be like to be in someone else’s shoes. But they’re about to learn that there’s a huge difference between thinking about something and literally BEING in someone else’s shoes! Because that’s exactly what happens when, suddenly and inexplicably, they each find themselves inside the body of the girl (or boy) next door! What happens next? Well, besides bringing a whole new meaning to the term “Exchange Student” and the expected freaked out runs to the bathroom, it’s not hard to do the math: Take one wrestling geek, the resident cool girl, the class clown, the popular chick and one sultry maid of mystery, scramble thoroughly and divide, and you can bet that pretty soon they’ll be answering ALL of the questions they never wanted to know about the opposite sex in ways they never anticipated! Get ready for the wildest game of musical bodies ever as Taichi, Himeko, Yoshifumi, Yui and Iori have to survive seeing the world through each others’ eyes in: KOKORO CONNECT!

Kokoro Connect will be available through digital outlets with a home video release to follow next year.

About Sentai Filmworks:
Sentai Filmworks is one of the fastest-growing anime companies in North America, producing hit series like High School of the Dead, Towanoquon, Samurai Girls, Guin Saga, Needless and Angel Beats as well as high profile theatrical films such as Grave of the Fireflies and Appleseed. Sentai Filmworks’ programs can be found on home video distributed by Ingram Entertainment, Baker & Taylor, Section23Films, The Right Stuf and other good and fine distributors. Digital product offerings may be found at iTunes, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon, Zune Marketplace, Anime Network, Playstation Network, Android Market and YouTube.

Ok, I think we are done now. :dry:

I’m satisfied, what I was interested in most has been licensed by Sentai.

Mark Gosdin

Huh, now I want to check this show out. I wonder how they’ll handle the one girl who has to stay a girl during the body swapping.

Is anyone else thinking about Exchange, that circa 2000 movie with a Baldwin Brother where people body swap at will? The coital aspects of this switch just remind me of the line from the movie where the woman tells the man, in regards to body swapped coitus: “Once you’ve been a woman, you’ll never want to be a man again!”

How much does this resemble the Rob Schneider move The Hot Chick, assuming that someone else on earth saw that movie ?

Ep. 04

I wasn’t quite sure what to think of this series at first
After the first two eps. I was kind of “eh” on it, but these past 2 eps. have brought some really nice drama aspects to the table.
So I’m definitely sold on this one!

Ep. 05

:blink:
Wow, and here I thought the drama in the last episode got kicked up.

spoiler

Heartseed is such a damn troll!

So, because these five people are boring him, he takes Iori’s body over and makes her jump off a ledge into the water! If that isn’t enough, he gives the rest of the group 30 minutes to decide who will die with Iori’s body and grants them the ability to switch at will by stating vocally who they will switch with. After this amazingly heartwarming but sad 30 minute time limit, he then tells them she’ll be just fine.

Pfft! What a troll!

Episode 1 (Sub) is live at ANO

Looks like it should be fun, now if I could just see it on my big screen TV…

Not to worry, I’m sure it’ll pop up on VOD some time in the future.
Depending on what Sentai is going to do with it though, it probably won’t be any time soon.

If you have a PS3 and Crunchyroll subscription, you can watch on the big screen. Just don’t do it during busy hours…

He’s on a dial-up connection, so he prefers it to be on VOD.

No, I have cable internet, but it still would be nice to sit down in the other room and watch it on a big screen instead of seeing it at like 4x6 or so on my computer.

Ahh, I take it you finally upgraded then.
Last I remember from awhile ago, you were saying in the VOD thread that you only had dial-up.

Welcome to the party then!

Episode 2 (Sub) is live at ANO

Ep. 06

This series just continues to amuse and amaze me.

spoiler

Heartseed continues to raise the level.
So they’ve stopped switching bodies randomly now.
Now, they’re presented with a new challenge, their deepest desires/inhibitions have been let loose for randomness.

I think Inaba coming on to Taichi was the best one thus far.
That was hilarious!

Kokoro Connect Anime Listed With 17 Episodes

posted on 2012-08-15 12:56 EDT

Episode 3 (Sub) is live at ANO

I’m rather enjoying this. Talk about being selfless, kicking yourself in the groin to help someone…

Ep. 08

With some good advice from Mr. Go and Fujishima, Taichi looks like he’s finally out of his funk.
Though him knocking Iori down due to his desires being unleased was a bit depressing.

Episode 4 (Sub) is live at ANO

Kokoro Connect Staff Issues Statements on Performer’s Treatment

posted on 2012-09-04 04:00 EDT
Voice actor Mitsuhiro Ichiki, others also write about controversial PR campaign