Little Witch Academia / Mahō Shikake no Parade

Little Witch Academia (OAV)

Genres: comedy, fantasy
Themes: absurdity, moe, witches
Objectionable content: Mild
Plot Summary: Akko fell in love with magic ever since her childhood days. Aspiring to become a witch like the one she saw at a magic show, Akko enrolls in Luna Nova - a prestigious witch academy. Contrary to Akko’s expectations, the class is unexpectedly boring. Struggling with the unimaginative atmosphere of the academy, Akko tries to retain hopes and dreams in magic once again. Sadly, the reactions from her peers remain indifferent. Akko’s only supporters are her best friend Lotte and Sucy, but her adventurous spirit remained unsatisfied. Then one fateful day, something unthinkable happens. The academy faces a huge crisis and is at the brink of destruction. Now it is up to Akko and her friends to save the day.
Vintage: 2013-03-02

ANN Info Page
[Anime Mirai] Official Homepage

Little Witch Academia: The Enchanted Parade / Little Witch Academia: Mahōjikake no Parade (OAV)

Genres: comedy, fantasy
Themes: absurdity, moe, witches
Running Time: 53 minutes
Plot Summary: Student witches Akko, Sucy and Lotte are tasked with organizing a parade commemorating the role of witches for the annual town festival. Sleeping giants, ambitious mayors, insolent boys, the girls’ own squabbling and copious amounts of magic combine to create a spectacular event.
Vintage: 2015-07-03

Little Witch Academia: The Enchanted Parade info on ANN

Little Witch Academia (TV)

Genres: adventure, comedy, magic
Themes: magical girl, school, witches
Objectionable content: Mild
Plot Summary: In a time when magic is on the decline amid society, Atsuko Kagari is a cheerful girl who enters Luna Nova Academy in order to accomplish her dream of becoming a witch like her idol, Shiny Chariot. Shiny is a famous witch who disappeared from public view many years ago. On her way to school, Kagari meets the kind Lotte Yanson and the mischievous Sucy Manbavaran and the three become friends as they share a bedroom in campus. At the academy, Atsuko soon discovers she is in serious disadvantage compared to the other girls since she doesn`t come from a magical family and is required to learn the magical curriculum from scratch. Having found an item that once belonged to Chariot, Atsuko must discover how to activate and properly use the mysterious Shiny Rod as she hopes it might lead to finding out what has truly happened to her vanished idol.
Number of episodes: 25
Vintage: 2017-01-08

ANN Info Page

1 Like

I haven’t gotten a chance to watch this yet, but I’ve heard nothing but good things about it so I’ve been wanting to see it.
So here it is, legal and everything!

Trigger Streams Little Witch Academia Anime with English Subs

posted on 2013-04-19 04:50 EDT
Yōko Hikasa, Megumi Han, Fumiko Orikasa, Michiyo Murase star in Yoh Yoshinari’s short

I watched it this morning, all I can say is Trigger has gold, pure gold, in their hands. I’m keeping a close eye on them from now on. :slight_smile:

Mark Gosdin

So I got to watch this yesterday.
I definitely have to agree with everything I’ve heard about this little anime…

It soooo deserves a series to be made from it!

Come on, Trigger, you know you want to!

Crunchyroll Streams Studio Trigger’s “Little Witch Academia” Short

April 22, 2013 4:42pm CDT
Full Anime short is now available in select territories

Finally got to see this and it was wonderful! I agree that it would make a great series!

Little Witch Academia Blu-ray to Have English Subs

posted on 2013-05-20 19:05 EDT

https://twitter.com/Trigger_Tattun/status/345070332920619008

We are taking down the Youtube and Nico Nico upload of “Little Witch Academia” at the end of this month.

https://twitter.com/Trigger_Tattun/status/345089691424542721

I just went and confirmed. Yes, the LWA on crunchyroll will remain.

Trigger’s Little Witch Academia Blu-ray Offered in N. America

posted on 2013-06-19 22:00 EDT
50 fans can win tickets to LA screening with writer Masahiko Otsuka

Studio Trigger to Launch Kickstarter for New Little Witch Academia Episode

posted on 2013-07-05 20:17 EDT
acttil to release 1st episode on BD this summer

Little Witch Academia 2 by Studio TRIGGER - Kickstarter

THE LWA KS PAGE IS UP!

$176,000.00 + at 7:30AM EDT. Goal already met in the first few hours, my money included.

Oh, and the US is just now waking up. This could get interesting.

Mark Gosdin

$236,000+ now and still going strong!

Also, there’s an LWA dub pole up on Trigger’s FB page now.

Little Witch Academia 2 KickStarter Offers Animation Drawing Sheet Rewards

posted on 2013-07-30 23:46 EDT

Trigger’s Little Witch Academia 2 Meets Stretch Goal

posted on 2013-08-03 15:47 EDT

Little Witch Academia 2 Kickstarter Ends With US$625,518 Pledged

posted on 2013-08-07 23:57 EDT

NEOGAF Forums - Trigger Panel at Animazement

May 24, 2014

“Little Witch Academia 2” Coming To Houston’s Anime Matsuri - UPDATED

September 26, 2014 3:54pm CDT
Look forward to magical anime next spring

I’m looking forward to the release of this. It’s my first time as a Kickstarter backer.

Mark Gosdin

Little Witch Academia Streamed Again

posted on 2014-12-25 19:00 EST by Karen Ressler
Director has finished storyboards for Little Witch Academia 2

“Little Witch Academia 2” Project Status Update Posted

December 25, 2014 10:25am CST
Timed for the holidays, Trigger and producer Naoko Tsutsumi gone to Kickstarter with an update on their production of a crowdfunded production