Little Witch Academia / Mahō Shikake no Parade

Little Witch Academia (OAV)

Genres: comedy, fantasy
Themes: absurdity, moe, witches
Objectionable content: Mild
Running time: 26 minutes
Vintage: 2013-03-02
Plot Summary: Akko fell in love with magic ever since her childhood days. Aspiring to become a witch like the one she saw at a magic show, Akko enrolls in Luna Nova - a prestigious witch academy. Contrary to Akko’s expectations, the class is unexpectedly boring. Struggling with the unimaginative atmosphere of the academy, Akko tries to retain hopes and dreams in magic once again. Sadly, the reactions from her peers remain indifferent. Akko’s only supporters are her best friend Lotte and Sucy, but her adventurous spirit remained unsatisfied. Then one fateful day, something unthinkable happens. The academy faces a huge crisis and is at the brink of destruction. Now it is up to Akko and her friends to save the day.

Little Witch Academia info on ANN
[Anime Mirai] Official Homepage

Little Witch Academia: The Enchanted Parade / Little Witch Academia: Mahōjikake no Parade (OAV)

Genres: comedy, fantasy
Themes: absurdity, moe, witches
Running Time: 53 minutes
Vintage: 2015-07-03
Plot Summary: Student witches Akko, Sucy and Lotte are tasked with organizing a parade commemorating the role of witches for the annual town festival. Sleeping giants, ambitious mayors, insolent boys, the girls’ own squabbling and copious amounts of magic combine to create a spectacular event.

Little Witch Academia: The Enchanted Parade info on ANN

Little Witch Academia (TV)

Genres: magic
Plot Summary: Akko Kagari is an ordinary girl who joins the renowned witch academy for witch girls, Luna Nova Academy. When she was younger, she went to Magical Festa, a magic show hosted by a witch named Shiny Chariot. Akko was so mesmerized and inspired by Shiny Chariot’s performance that she dreamed to someday be a “cool” witch like her. This young and impressionable Akko takes Shiny Chariot’s words as her own motto: "Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.“ As part of a class, Akko and her classmates go into a labyrinth under the Tower of Luna Nova. There, a sealed ancient dragon was unleashed by one of her classmates. Akko tries to stop the dragon, but…

ANN Info Page

I haven’t gotten a chance to watch this yet, but I’ve heard nothing but good things about it so I’ve been wanting to see it.
So here it is, legal and everything!

Trigger Streams Little Witch Academia Anime with English Subs

posted on 2013-04-19 04:50 EDT
Yōko Hikasa, Megumi Han, Fumiko Orikasa, Michiyo Murase star in Yoh Yoshinari’s short

I watched it this morning, all I can say is Trigger has gold, pure gold, in their hands. I’m keeping a close eye on them from now on. :slight_smile:

Mark Gosdin

So I got to watch this yesterday.
I definitely have to agree with everything I’ve heard about this little anime…

It soooo deserves a series to be made from it!

[size=17]Come on, Trigger, you know you want to![/size]

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/04/22/crunchyroll-streams-studio-triggers-little-witch-academia-short

Crunchyroll Streams Studio Trigger’s “Little Witch Academia” Short

April 22, 2013 4:42pm CDT
Full Anime Mirai short is now available in select territories

Good news comes out of the Crunchyroll catalog today: The addition of Studio Trigger’s Little Witch Academia short! Directed by Panty & Stocking’s Yoh Yoshinari and written by Masahiko Otsuka (Gurren Lagann, Panty & Stocking), the full short is available to view today.

Little Witch Academia is available to Crunchyroll audiences in North America, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands, Turkey, and Latin America (Central and South America including the Caribbean).

The short was created for the government-funded Anime Mirai Young Animator Training Project, and debuted in Japanese theaters last month. If you haven’t seen it yet, definitely do so as soon as possible, it’s great.

Finally got to see this and it was wonderful! I agree that it would make a great series!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-05-20/little-witch-academia-blu-ray-to-have-english-subs

Little Witch Academia Blu-ray to Have English Subs

posted on 2013-05-20 19:05 EDT

Trigger, the new studio co-founded by director Hiroyuki Imaishi (Dead Leaves, Gurren Lagann, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt), revealed on Monday that it would be releasing the 30-minute Little Witch Academia anime on Blu-ray Disc this summer. Trigger said that the release date of the Blu-ray is undecided as of now, but that the Blu-ray would definitely come with added bonuses such as English subtitles.

Trigger posted the 30-minute Little Witch Academia anime with English subtitles on YouTube and Crunchyroll last month.

https://twitter.com/Trigger_Tattun/status/345070332920619008

[QUOTE]We are taking down the Youtube and Nico Nico upload of “Little Witch Academia” at the end of this month.[/QUOTE]

https://twitter.com/Trigger_Tattun/status/345089691424542721

[QUOTE]I just went and confirmed. Yes, the LWA on crunchyroll will remain.[/QUOTE]

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-06-19/trigger-little-witch-academia-to-get-blu-ray-in-n-america

Trigger’s Little Witch Academia Blu-ray Offered in N. America

posted on 2013-06-19 22:00 EDT

50 fans can win tickets to LA screening with writer Masahiko Otsuka

The new localization and game company acttil announced on Wednesday that it will offer the Blu-ray Disc of Trigger’s magical fantasy anime Little Witch Academia in North America this summer. The 26-minute anime will serve as acttil’s first anime title.

The anime will come in a collector’s edition on Blu-ray Disc with an original soundtrack disc and a 112-page art book with storyboards, sketches, character art, and illustrations. Video extras include a 66-minute making-of video that chronicles fledgling studio Trigger’s journey to create Little Witch Academia for the Anime Mirai 2013 program. The disc will have the Japanese soundtrack with English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, and Chinese subtitles.

Trigger describes the story:

Akko Kagari is an ordinary girl who joins the renowned witch academy for witch girls, Luna Nova Academy. When she was younger, she went to Magical Festa, a magic show hosted by a witch named Shiny Chariot. Akko was so mesmerized and inspired by Shiny Chariot’s performance that she dreamed to someday be a “cool” witch like her. This young and impressionable Akko takes Shiny Chariot’s words as her own motto: “Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.” As part of a class, Akko and her classmates go into a labyrinth under the Tower of Luna Nova. There, a sealed ancient dragon was unleashed by one of her classmates. Akko tries to stop the dragon, but…

The studio is celebrating the release with a contest. 50 fans can win a chance to attend a private Los Angeles screening of the Little Witch Academia anime and the never-before-seen making-of video. The anime’s writer, Masahiko Otsuka, will be in attendance for a question-and-answer session. Prizes will also be given out to winners in attendance.

The screening will take place at the JW Marriott Los Angeles LA Live hotel on July 6 at 2:00 p.m. (Anime Expo will be held at the nearby Los Angeles Convention Center July 4-7.) Fans can enter by e-mailing their full name, address, and phone number to contest@acttil.com before June 26. Accommodations and travel are not provided.

Trigger will host a panel at Anime Expo with voice actress Megumi Han (Akko Kagari) on July 5. The studio posted the entire 30-minute anime with English subtitles on YouTube and Crunchyroll in April, and it revealed that an English-subtitled Blu-ray Disc release was planned for this summer.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-07-05/studio-trigger-to-launch-kickstarter-for-new-little-witch-academia-episode

Studio Trigger to Launch Kickstarter for New Little Witch Academia Episode

posted on 2013-07-05 20:17 EDT

acttil to release 1st episode on BD this summer

Studio Trigger announced at Anime Expo on Friday that it plans to create another episode of its Little Witch Academia magical fantasy anime short. The company revealed that it will launch a Kickstarter campaign next week to help raise funds for the project.

The new localization and game company acttil announced last month that it would be collaborating with Studio Trigger to release a Blu-ray Disc release of Little Witch Academia in a Collector’s Edition Blu-ray Disc this summer.

Trigger describes the story:

Akko Kagari is an ordinary girl who joins the renowned witch academy for witch girls, Luna Nova Academy. When she was younger, she went to Magical Festa, a magic show hosted by a witch named Shiny Chariot. Akko was so mesmerized and inspired by Shiny Chariot’s performance that she dreamed to someday be a “cool” witch like her. This young and impressionable Akko takes Shiny Chariot’s words as her own motto: “Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.” As part of a class, Akko and her classmates go into a labyrinth under the Tower of Luna Nova. There, a sealed ancient dragon was unleashed by one of her classmates. Akko tries to stop the dragon, but…

The studio posted the entire 30-minute anime with English subtitles on YouTube and Crunchyroll in April. Studio Trigger originally created the short for this year’s Anime Mirai project.

[SIZE=19]Little Witch Academia 2 by Studio TRIGGER - Kickstarter[/SIZE]

[size=17]THE LWA KS PAGE IS UP![/size]

$176,000.00 + at 7:30AM EDT. Goal already met in the first few hours, my money included.

Oh, and the US is just now waking up. This could get interesting.

Mark Gosdin

$236,000+ now and still going strong!

Also, there’s an LWA dub pole up on Trigger’s FB page now.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-07-30/little-witch-academia-2-kickstarter-offers-animation-drawing-sheet-rewards

Little Witch Academia 2 KickStarter Offers Animation Drawing Sheet Rewards

posted on 2013-07-30 23:46 EDT

Anime Studio Trigger added dōga (animation drawing sheets) as rewards to the KickStarter campaign on Tuesday. The example sheets are from Little Witch Academia, but the campaign will include sheets for Little Witch Academia 2 as rewards for backers who contribute US$100 or more.

Trigger met its US$150,000 pledge goal for extending its tentatively titled Little Witch Academia 2 project earlier this month, less than five hours after starting its Kickstarter fundraising campaign.

The studio announced at Anime Expo that it would crowdfund the sequel to its Anime Mirai Little Witch Academia project. The sequel reunites the original staff, and they aim to finish the episode by winter 2014. (Trigger is working on another anime project, this fall’s Kill la Kill television series.) Trigger already has the funds to create a 20-minute episode and plans to use the $150,000 in Kickstarter funds to add 15 minutes of run time. A stretch goal for US$500,000 in Kickstarter fundraising pledges will add an audio commentary track and a “making-of” documentary to the standard Blu-ray Disc release.

The Blu-ray release will bundle the anime’s original soundtrack and gengashū (animation drawing collection) book. Trigger also noted that Good Smile Company may “consider” making a Little Witch Academia figure if the stretch goal is reached.

As of this writing, the campaign has raised US$480,419 and surpassed the US$215,433 for Studio Rikka’s Time of Eve Blu-ray release and the US$201,164 in pledges raised for Masaaki Yuasa’s Kick-Heart campaign.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-08-03/trigger-little-witch-academia-2-meets-stretch-goal

Trigger’s Little Witch Academia 2 Meets Stretch Goal

posted on 2013-08-03 15:47 EDT

Anime studio Trigger met its US$500,000 stretch goal for adding an audio commentary track and a “making-of” documentary to the standard Blu-ray Disc of the Little Witch Academia 2 project on Thursday.

Trigger already met its initial US$150,000 pledge goal for extending Little Witch Academia 2 earlier this month, less than five hours after starting its Kickstarter fundraising campaign.

The studio announced at Anime Expo that it would crowdfund the sequel to its Anime Mirai Little Witch Academia project. The sequel reunites the original staff, and they aim to finish the episode by winter 2014. (Trigger is working on another anime project, this fall’s Kill la Kill television series.) Trigger already has the funds to create a 20-minute episode and plans to use the Kickstarter funds to add 15 minutes of run time and extras.

The Blu-ray release will also bundle the anime’s original soundtrack and gengashū (animation drawing collection) book. Trigger noted that Good Smile Company may “consider” making a Little Witch Academia figure if the stretch goal is reached.

As of this writing, the campaign has raised US$527,171 and surpassed the US$215,433 for Studio Rikka’s Time of Eve Blu-ray release and the US$201,164 in pledges raised for Masaaki Yuasa’s Kick-Heart campaign.

Update: The staff is now aiming for a 40-minute episode.

[size=16]Little Witch Academia 2 Kickstarter Ends With US$625,518 Pledged[/size]
posted on 2013-08-07 23:57 EDT

via Jarmel:

[QUOTE]Well considering nobody has talked about the Trigger Panel at Animazement, I figure I’ll write out some quick points-

-Recent LWA2 script got thrown out.
-LWA2 now that’s it not restrained by Mirai will have more ‘experienced’ animators on it
-LWA had ~20 animators working on it while KLK had over 200. They had more flexibility with LWA compared to KLK which was treated more as a business.
-At the current time, they’re not planning on using Kickstarter again
-Yoshinari hates Akko and likes Diana instead. Has to do with Diana being closer to his personality.
-Michiru Oshima is from the Russian State Symphony Cinema Orchestra and she gave Trigger a discount
-Apparently correcting the younger animators was rather difficult for Yoshinari
-They have ideas for Inferno Cop 2 but no budget for it

Oh and this was the best part:
Yoshinari described Imaishi’s directing style as skanky and perverted while he aspires to be a gentleman.[/QUOTE]

Some other stuff:

-Yoshinari was supposedly strict on the newbies for LWA. Feels that the number of good animators are dying out. Was difficult for him as well.
-Kaneko worked on Ghost in the Shell and Mononoke(I think the Ghibli film). Both aren’t listed in the ANN database for him.
Also there was something about how Yoshinari had talked to his wife and she brought up the idea of magic and that served as the inspiration point for LWA.

So just got out of the 2nd panel. I somewhat fucked up as so only got to hear half of the panel so somebody else will have to report the bits I didn’t hear.

-Yoh looks up to his older brother Koh(another famous animator). Has a lot of respect for him.
-They described Inou Battle as slice of life and something completely different than what they’ve done before.
-They’re happy about their success worldwide but feel they definitely need to work on their production schedule. They put some emphasis on this. They’re also happy about the progress their young animators have made working on KLK and LWA.
-They’re seemingly fine with parodies as someone in the audience brought up the “Bully La Bully” video they did(the Hotdog Ryuuko) and the staff will look at the video later.
-Yoshinari likes psychological thrillers(this was brought up in the bit about what genre they would like to work in once their production schedule is free). I yelled out for mecha.

They showed some concept art for LWA(I don’t know if this was a mix of stuff for LWA or just LWA2). I don’t know if some of the stuff has been released before. However there seemed a prominent male. Also some transmogrification stuff.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/09/26-1/little-witch-academia-2-to-premiere-at-houstons-anime-matsuri
September 26, 2014 3:54pm CDT
Look forward to magical anime next spring

I’m looking forward to the release of this. It’s my first time as a Kickstarter backer.

Mark Gosdin

ANN ARTICLE: Little Witch Academia Streamed Again

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/12/25/little-witch-academia-2-project-status-update-posted

“Little Witch Academia 2” Project Status Update Posted

December 25, 2014 10:25am CST
Timed for the holidays, Trigger and producer Naoko Tsutsumi gone to Kickstarter with an update on their production of a crowdfunded production

Timed for the holidays, Trigger and producer Naoko Tsutsumi gone to Kickstarter with an update on their production of a crowdfunded follow-up to their Little Witch Academia anime short.

Merry Xmas everyone! We just updated our KS page so please check it out! Comes with a tiiiiny surprise as well https://t.co/qbcodUpUG5
— たっつん (@Trigger_Tattun) December 25, 2014

Warm wishes for the Holiday Season! We have updated our kickstarter page for “Little Witch Academia 2” https://t.co/MbAxV6mYt7
— TRIGGER Inc. (@trigger_inc) December 25, 2014

We have made LWA available once again on Youtube for a limited amount of time to celebrate the holiday seasons! https://t.co/kO0aD14mEu
— TRIGGER Inc. (@trigger_inc) December 25, 2014

Happy holiday seasons and best wishes for the upcoming new year!

At last the physical production for Little Witch Academia 2 (LWA2, title pending) has started in the studio! It is a great pleasure to see Akko and her friends receive the chance to be animated once again. Of course, this would not have been possible without the support of Kick Starter, and most importantly our fans! I would like to once again say my thanks to all of our supporters on behalf of TRIGGER.

In our previous update, we have announced that we have finally came up with a scenario that we are happy to work with. Today I would like to update our backers that our director Yoh Yoshinari is just about finishing up on drawing up the storyboard for our new episode! If all goes well, we should have a completed storyboard by this weekend! Below is couple of image from the previous LWA’s storyboard. As much as we would like to show the current storyboard, we have concluded that it is best to not spoil the story.

Read more here