Occult Academy / Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin

[size=16]Occult Academy / Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin[/size]

RightStuf Link
Occult Academy Blu-ray Complete Series (S)

[size=16]Watch on Crunchyroll[/size]

ANN Info Page

[quote]Genres: comedy, supernatural
Themes: espers, ghosts, occult, spirits, time travel, 2012 prophecy
Objectionable content: Mild
Number of episodes: 13
Vintage: 2010-07-05 to 2010-09-27

Plot Summary: The Waldstein Academy is an institute devoted to studies on paranormal disciplines, thus becoming known as the Occult Academy. Maya Kumashiro returns to this place to attend the funeral of the former principal, Junichiro Kumashiro, her father. Maya, a skeptic who hates the occult, meets Fumiaki Uchida, a time agent from the future sent to 1999 to prevent the apocalyptic Nostradamus Prophecies from happening. The predictions state that the school will be ground zero of the cataclysm that will destroy the world. They must team up to discover not only what actually led to her father’s demise, they have limited time to find out what is the key that triggers the beginning of the end.[/quote]

###Crunchyroll Announces Streaming and Marketing Partnership for Occult Academy
July 5, 2010

Since there was some interest in this on this forum, here you go.

Yeah, I will have to check this out. Unfortunately, CR just wasn’t worth subscribing to anymore for me, so I will have to wait an extra week for each episode.

I’ll check this out when the episodes become free.

ohhh…Occult Academy. Nice
CR…um, yeah…not so nice.

I can wait the week. Only sad thing, DVD/BD release is now next to zero.

P.S.
I said NEXT to zero, not zero period, for all you who like to start net wars.

[quote=Tonka]
ohhh…Occult Academy. Nice
CR…um, yeah…not so nice.

I can wait the week. Only sad thing, DVD/BD release is now next to zero.

P.S.
I said NEXT to zero, not zero period, for all you who like to start net wars.[/quote]

So are you saying there is a 0% chance of a DVD/BD release?
Slick

Looks like, from the two ANN reviews so far on the first episode, I might have to look into it when it becomes availible for the free stream.

Just finished up the first episode.

It’s actually not too bad of a start.
Though I can’t say I’m actually hooked on it, nor can I say I actually really like it, but it does have this unique quality to it, that makes me want to see more of it just to see where they go with the story, even without fully liking it.

It did have some humorous moments though, so it might actually turn out well, if they continue down that path with it.

Saw the first episode and thought it was funny as hell.

spoiler

The dead dean accidentally raises his own body with a tape recording of a spell. His own daughter throwing him back in the casket. She then gives a rant about it being faked with him jumping up again at the end. Loved the look on her face at the end as the naked guy descends from the sky. :laugh:

[quote=ShawnMerrow]

spoiler

Loved the look on her face at the end as the naked guy descends from the sky. :laugh:

Speaking of the ending of that episode…

[details=spoiler]I’m surprised they didn’t edit this for airing.

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/9945/octadyhmrl.jpg[/details]

[quote=TheCoffeeGod]

[quote=ShawnMerrow]

spoiler

Loved the look on her face at the end as the naked guy descends from the sky. :laugh:

Speaking of the ending of that episode…

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/9945/octadyhmrl.jpg[/details][/quote]

spoiler

Wow I missed that and also very surprised that got past the censor.

Just finished up episode 2.

That was rather funny.
I wasn’t sure with the first episode, but after this episode I’m definitely going to be finishing this one.
Seems like it’ll be really fun and the concept is rather interesting as well.

[quote=TheCoffeeGod]

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/9945/octadyhmrl.jpg[/details][/quote]

I caught that too. :laugh:

Episode 2 was pretty funny. I’ll give it a watch again next week to see where it goes.

[quote=shadycat]
I caught that too. :laugh:[/quote]

I actually had to double take on it, and rewind it just to make sure I saw what I thought I saw.

###Occult Academy BDs/DVDs to Include Spinoff Episodes
posted on 2010-07-21 04:55 EDT
2nd volume to contain 1st of 4 spinoff episodes; limited edition to also bundle CD

I really need to make time to watch this. I usually don’t bother with simulcasts except on TAN, but this has been getting a lot of hype.

Ep. 2

Maya being chased by a naked Fumiaki was funny. She sure gave him hell later. The premise is interesting. I think Fumiaki will be looking forward to the alien invasion before the end to put a stop to Maya torture. :laugh:

Finished up ep. 03.

All in all, it was a good episode, though not very exciting, until the end that is.
Can’t wait for next weeks episode to find out what happens.

I just watched episode 1. It wasn’t a bad episode, but not exactly a strong start either. It felt to me like it kept trying to be funny but couldn’t quite get there. I still liked it overall though. I will check out episode 2 soon as well.