Login Issue

I’ve noticed that I don’t stay logged in even though I’ve selected that option. I also see “Aniplay (premium)” sometimes.

lightsenshi wrote:

Yes, that’s a little quirk we’ve picked up recently. It’s not always ‘Aniplay’ either. If you go to the Community page and continue with your login, it should go away.

Administration is aware of this and is looking into it.

Thanks for letting us know that it’s still popping up.

Roughly how often do you have to sign in again - is it multiple times within a day?

If you close the browser window, you shouldn’t be logged out. However, if you quit the browser program, that will close the session and you will then have to log in again.

We’ve had some users report seeing the wrong username briefly displayed in the header. If they refresh the page or move to a new page, it will then display the correct name. So far, it’s just displaying the wrong name, you are not logged into the wrong account.

We are working on the fix, but need some further info from our users who have this happen:

• When does this usually happen? Is it right after you have signed in and the page has just reloaded, or has it happened after you have been logged in and are just moving to a new page?
  • If it happens multiple times, is it the same name that is being show, or do you get different ones?

This kind of info will help us in making sure that we have a permanent fix in place.

spazzysam wrote:

[quote]Roughly how often do you have to sign in again - is it multiple times within a day?

If you close the browser window, you shouldn’t be logged out. However, if you quit the browser program, that will close the session and you will then have to log in again.

We’ve had some users report seeing the wrong username briefly displayed in the header. If they refresh the page or move to a new page, it will then display the correct name. So far, it’s just displaying the wrong name, you are not logged into the wrong account.

We are working on the fix, but need some further info from our users who have this happen:

• When does this usually happen? Is it right after you have signed in and the page has just reloaded, or has it happened after you have been logged in and are just moving to a new page?
  • If it happens multiple times, is it the same name that is being show, or do you get different ones?

This kind of info will help us in making sure that we have a permanent fix in place.[/quote]

Sending you an email with some info.

For the last three days every time I come to TAN it thinks I’m “Aniplay.” When I click on Forum, I’m not logged in at all. I log in and the page it sends me to just says “Invalid Token.” I’ve been selecting keep me logged in each time but that is no longer working.

Firefox 5.0

Aniplay seems very popular, since that’s who I was just now!!! :S

It doesn’t happen every time, but it only does so if I’m not already logged in. It usually only happens the first time I open the site aswell. If I close the browser entirely and then bring the site back up, it will act normally and I can log in right away. It’s not always the same name, either. I always just hit ‘logout’ and then log back in if I see I’m someone else. I have noticed that it’s been happening to me more often recently.

Internet Explorer 9

EDIT - Okay, I’ve just been experimenting, and now whenever I restart the browser and load the site, I’m Aniplay! Every time! Something’s definitely goofed up here. :blink:

Getting pretty much the same issue except mine stays logged in once I log in under psychopuppet and when I’m logged out it’s outlander for me sometimes. Also I notice when I’m logged out the forums are a day behind post wise.

I had a really hard time logging in yesterday. I logged in as Aniplay on the news page, then I’d log off to guest on forums page, then Aniplay again almost every time I went on the News page. Community page I believed logged me off to guest again. Went to sign in and it said “Invalid Token”. I’m not positive about the community page, but I never made it to the forums page as another user. It seemed to be focused on the news page for me.
Today, no problems what so ever.
Slick

sbitzer wrote:

[quote]Aniplay seems very popular, since that’s who I was just now!!! :S
Okay, I’ve just been experimenting, and now whenever I restart the browser and load the site, I’m Aniplay! Every time! Something’s definitely goofed up here. :blink:[/quote]

Yep, either Aniplay or “Invalid token”.
-Joe

The last three times I have come to the site, I have had no problem.

Whenever I login, I’m always myself, However sometimes I have an issue where I don’t stay logged in when I should. Then, after logging in, I get the “invalid token” thing, but if I just go back the the forums, I’m logged in.

Have had no login problems for the last two days.

It does seem to be fixed now.

Glad to hear guys! Thanks for the feedback!