Lost Universe

[size=16]Lost Universe[/size]

[quote]Genres: adventure, comedy, drama, science fiction
Themes: space
**Objectionable content: Mild
Plot Summary: Kane Blueriver, a trouble contractor, is being hunted by a criminal syndicate named Nightmare because he pilots the Lost Ship Swordbreaker, the only hinderance to Nightmare’s plan to spread the dark lord Dark Star throughout the galaxy. Kane, along with Millie, a girl who dreams to be the “best in the universe,” and Canal, Swordbreaker’s AI, vows to defeat Nightmare, who, besides having a sinister plan, killed Kane’s grandmother many years ago.
Number of episodes: 26
Vintage: 1998-04-03 to 1998-09-25 [/quote]
ANN Info Page

And Lost Universe is back! PP and I enjoyed this Science Fiction, Space Adventure, Comedy back in the day. It was originally released and produced by ADV Films with recording done at their Austin studios… so it has some of the Austin cast like Larissa Wolcott. :slight_smile:

The licensed lapsed a few years ago and has been since distributed by RightStuf.

Really fun series, that I’m sure most of you will enjoy. :slight_smile:

Returns after years of absence on VOD this week to Anime Network.

First episode + pilot down.

I’m really enjoying this one so far.
It seems to have a rather fun sci-fi story with lots of comedy (huge plus for me!).

Watched the first episode today.

It reminds me of a cross between Slayers and Star Wars. Was that the Death Star? Sure looked like it. And the drawing style really reminded me of Slayers, only in space.

I’ll reserve my judgment until I’ve seen more episodes. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=Slowhand]
Watched the first episode today.

It reminds me of a cross between Slayers and Star Wars. Was that the Death Star? Sure looked like it. And the drawing style really reminded me of Slayers, only in space.

I’ll reserve my judgment until I’ve seen more episodes. :P[/quote]

Of course it would remind anyone of Slayers. That’s because both Lost Universe and Slayers were both created by novelist Hajime Kanzaka (I think that’s how you spell it) and they both took place in the same dimension/universe/solar system - solar system’s more likely. Only on different planets.

Either way, it was just as fun and entertaining as Slayers. So…YEAAAAHHHH!!!(raises devil horn’s) WOOOOOO!!! K nuff said.

I like it!

Slayers in space, I wonder if Cain has a brother, and if he is named Able(damn you Trinity Blood and your reference I didn’t get because you named the guy once), oh I don’t know if he has a brother, just a guess.

First episode of this was pretty funny, if I had it here on DVD I’d be watching entire volumes at a time.

I agree, it did resemble the Death Star. And the lettering font was borrowed from Star Trek: TNG, as was the ship accelerating away and making a flash in the distance. Didn’t take away from anything, though.

Finished up episode 13.

Half way through it now, and though I can’t say I’m thoroughly enjoying this one, it is fun a lot of the time and definitely has it moments of enjoyment.

Where are you people watching this Super Gals, and Koi Koi at? I saw one episode of this and Super Gals on VOD, then haven’t seen nor heard of it anywhere since. They dropped off the face of the earth like Cyberteam in Akihabara. :unsure:

SVOD

[quote=shadzar]
Where are you people watching this Super Gals, and Koi Koi at? I saw one episode of this and Super Gals on VOD, then haven’t seen nor heard of it anywhere since. They dropped off the face of the earth like Cyberteam in Akihabara. :unsure:[/quote]

They’re also all available at the new Anime Network Online Player for Subscribers.

[quote=dragoon]

[quote=shadzar]
Where are you people watching this Super Gals, and Koi Koi at? I saw one episode of this and Super Gals on VOD, then haven’t seen nor heard of it anywhere since. They dropped off the face of the earth like Cyberteam in Akihabara. :unsure:[/quote]

They’re also all available at the new Anime Network Online Player for Subscribers.[/quote]

:S I tried on Lazy day to watch something, but only made it through 1 episode of Abenobashi, and a part of something else before it annoyed me too much. Even when the site started that allowed me to view the online player ( :ohmy: ) I had to force myself to sit through Magical Play. I just don’t must like watching stuff on a computer. I will just wait and see if they show up on normal VOD. Glad people are getting to watch Koi Koi, and was hoping to rewatch Lost Universe sometime NOT on a streched VHS tape. Anyway, just watch where you plug in that power cord when you are serving breakfast. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the info. (good sneak to get an advertisement in :wink: )

Hehe anytime. :wink:

Reminder: This series will be expiring from the Online Player on Friday (April 15).

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/05/11-1/crunchyroll-adds-lost-universe-anime-to-catalog

May 11, 2016 6:00pm PDT

Subbed and dubbed versions available now in the US and Canada