Needless

Needless

Watch on HIDIVE

Genres: action, comedy, science fiction
Themes: superpowers
Objectionable content: Significant
Plot Summary: In the near future, mankind has suffered from a Third World War, leaving extreme damage all over and forced mankind to become even more distinct from their species. The world was at chaos and from this chaos comes a new species: “Needless”. The Needless are humans who have contracted a “disease” as humans may call them, and allow them to wield extraordinary powers far superior to any mankind. Their abilities include telekinesis, elemental powers, gravity control, adaptation, radioactive release, and all manners of scientific impossibility.
Number of episodes: 24
Vintage: 2009-07-02 to 2009-12-10

ANN Info Page

Blu-ray cover for Collection 1 is awesome !

When this comes to TAN we will have some great sides.

Aww…rite peeps, first 4 eps up n’ running on iTunes as we type, in both SD n’ HD.
Make sure u all take a gander up there.

Gotta say “Sweet, instant buy.”

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewTVSeason?i=411100334&id=408507932&s=143441

And tonight my iTunes account decides to act up and tell me the security code on both my Visa cards are invalid. Fantastic! :stuck_out_tongue:

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I fixed it! I just changed it to a Mastercard then immediately switched it back and voila! Needless 1 and 2 are downloading now!

I need to remember what my iTunes pass and user is so I can download it . Probably need to update the credit card info while I’m at it.

Just watched the dub of the first episode and really liked it. The voices for Blade and Eve were perfect.

If I’m not mistaken, and without looking them up, they’re the same VA’s that did Akio Furukawa and Ryou Fujibayashi from Clannad, am I right?

You are correct and have good ears.

What can I say? I’ve seen Clannad so many times now, I’d know them by heart. Andrew Love’s voice is unmistakeable, and as soon as I heard Eve’s “Simian? What?!” I instantly recognized Ryou’s “What?!” It’s almost identical. :laugh:

EDIT - Although I’m not so good with the female VA/male character parts. Never would’ve expected Nagisa to become a little boy! :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyone else notice in the first scene the numbers ‘666’ above the door? The black ‘Mercedes’ (hood ornament is different) limo? Dead givaway these are some evil bastards! :laugh:

Now that I’ve looked, I missed quite a few of the Clannad cast! I must be losing my edge. :S

:angry: I just seen the 1st episode on my AOD, Hated It! The dub was good, the illustration was fantastic, but the characters are 1 demenional(yeah I spelled it wrong), but the characters have no depth, soul, or make you care. This premise is done better in Scarred or Scabbed :S. Here is another I will not be watching. Also what is the deal with bring back all those two-years-ago anime: Princess Pretty Luice, The Best Student Council, and NurseWitch Komugi???

This show is Needless as these One dimenional characters(gotta learn to spell the d-word). The priest laughs too much, is not against kicking or hitting a girl, then spouts about righteous justice, how looking in the mirror, okay. Most of all these people are way too thin.

May not be the final artwork
Blu-ray set 2 cover :
http://www.rightstuf.com/rsimages/primary/sfbnl200

DVD set 2 cover:
http://www.rightstuf.com/rsimages/primary/sfnl200

My take is Men buy Blu-ray and Women buy DVD. :laugh:

No, fair! I don’t have blu-ray. Why do they get the better cover? :frowning:

I was just going to say the opposite…

This is where reversible covers are a great idea.

May I ask, what the heck do the ending credits have to do with the show?

…Nothing…

…and Everything!

You find out in a few episodes they’re fairly important characters that show up frequently. Though the nature of the closing credits pretty much has nothing to do with the story. Haha. I asked around the office for a bit to see if this was a real closer, or one that somehow got accidentally put at the end of the shows.