Maria the Virgin Witch / Junketsu no Maria - Sorcière de gré, pucelle de force

[size=17]Maria the Virgin Witch / Junketsu no Maria - Sorcière de gré, pucelle de force[/size]

[size=22]Watch Maria the Virgin Witch on FUNi Online[/size]

Maria the Virgin Witch Official JP Homepage
Maria the Virgin Witch info on ANN

[quote]Genres: magic
Themes: historical, magical creatures, religion, witches
Number of episodes: 12
Vintage: 2015-01-11
Objectionable content: Significant

Plot Summary:
The story follows Maria, the most powerful witch who lives during the 100 Years’ War in France. She despises war, so she obstructs battles with her strong magical powers. Her meddling with her succubus Artemis and incubus Priapos has caught the attention of the heavens, and so the Archangel Michael issues an edict. When Maria loses her virginity, she will also lose her magical powers. A beautiful angel named Ezekiel is supposed to watch Maria and make sure the witch does not use magic in front of people, but Maria continues to use magic anyway.[/quote]

[size=16]Maria the Virgin Witch Anime’s New Web Ad Streamed[/size]
posted on 2014-12-12 09:00 EST
ZAQ performs opening theme song for anime premiering in January

Not sure why, but I’m actually looking forward to this one.
Maybe because it’s Production I.G, and Haikyu! was rather awesome.

One thing about it, the title sure captures your attention. I’m not sure about this one right now. I might wait to see if other people like it first before possibly jumping in.

Being a History buff, I’ll watch it just because it takes place during the 100 years war.

It looks like it’ll either be Bandai Visual or Kodansha or Showgate as Int. license.
If it’s Showgate, there’s a good chance it’ll be a Sentai pickup, which is what I’m hoping for so it’ll get on CR.

[size=16]Funimation to Stream Maria the Virgin Witch TV Anime[/size]
posted on 2015-01-07 18:52 EST

###CM and Jacket Illustration for “Maria the Virgin Witch” DVD/Blu-ray 1st Volume
January 13, 2015 7:20am CST
First disc comes with an audio commentary by the three main VAs

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/01/18/video-true-maria-the-virgin-witch-end-theme-music-videos-short-version

True “Maria the Virgin Witch” End Theme Music Video’s Short Version

January 18, 2015 8:58am CST
Single scheduled for February 11th

The single for True’s “ailes,” the end theme for this season’s Maria the Virgin Witch, is set to be released February 11th with “DESPERATE,” as well as “Carnival” and “Conscious” remixes of “ailes.” It will available in standard, anime cover and limited editions, and Lantis has previewed the music video shipping with the latter.

1 Like

Ep. 02

How ironic!

1 Like

[size=16]Funimation Announces Maria the Virgin Witch English Dub Cast[/size]
posted on 2015-03-20 15:20 EDT
Alexis Tipton, Whitney Rodgers, Jerry Jewell, Leah Clark, Austin Tindle star in dub premiering Sunday

Sonny Strait doesn’t have time for this as he needs to get his act together in Assassination Classroom.

From what I’ve heard of this show, I expected some Marchi involvement…

1 Like

LOL! Don’t you see they don’t have time to do a “proper” cast call. They got 10 shows to worry about. The curse of biting more than one can chew, I guess.

Maria The Virgin Witch Anime DVD/BD Episode Japanese Commentary

This was a very enjoyable anime! I also like history and it’s always nice to watch something different.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/07/22-1/maria-the-virgin-witch-all-night-screening-event-in-shinjuku
July 22, 2015 9:18am CDT

Maria the Virgin Witch TV Anime: BD & DVD Vol. 6 Eleventh Episode Audio Commentary

Maria the Virgin Witch TV Anime: BD & DVD Vol. 6 Last Episode Audio Commentary

Maria the Virgin Witch TV Anime: BD & DVD Vol. 6 Mini Specials

Maria the Virgin Witch: The Complete Series – Coming Soon

Maria The Virgin Witch – Available Now on Blu-ray and DVD

Maria the Virgin Witch – Maintaining the Balance