Maria Watches Over Us / Maria-sama ga Miteru

Press Release: Right Stuf’s Nozomi Entertainment Announces the Maria Watches Over Us – Season 4 DVD Collection

Mar 30th 2010
Box set featuring complete fourth TV season of Maria-sama ga Miteru scheduled for July 6, 2010

Please get it TAN along with Aria season 3.

Ahh, RSI got season 4. I would be more surprised if it doesn’t turn up on TAN then.

Yeah, the announcement of the RSI S4 purchase was quite awhile ago, though the release date hadn’t been announced until Slow noticed it.

But even still, July 6 is quite a ways away yet, and if TAN does get it, it’ll probably be at least a couple months after the release date (like Alice Academy was).
So we’re probably looking at about 5-6 months or more from now.

It is near the release of Season 4 onto DvD. Any word about possible licensing for showing?

It’s actually already shipping to people. No word as far as I know. I or slowhand will ask when we talk to someone ,but I don’t think they can tell us anything until a week or two before its starts.

Oddly enough, I already received my copy of the fourth season. >.> Should I do spoilers?

I will not do spoilers :laugh:

It was nice though. Easy to watch with very good characters. Funny and with light drama. Definitely one of those animes that takes your mind off the fact you drove 4 hours during a 9 hour work day.

“Maria Watches Over Us” Anime 10th Anniversary Exhibition Held in Asagaya Anime Street

*December 05, 2014 5:40am CST
The complete Blu-ray box set will be released on December 19

“Maria Watches Over Us” Graduation Event Scheduled for March 29

February 10, 2015 4:40am CST
The general tickets will go on sale this Saturday

I doubt they would, since if I remember correctly, they said at one point they wouldn’t be doing BDs for anything, but it would be nice if TRSI/Nozomi put this out on BD.

How come this show is in the AN Shows section?

On a similar subject, what happened to the TAN streaming section for Maria Holic S1?

Maria Watches Over Us used to show on AN eons ago.

Maria Holic expired from the Online Player in November.

Thanks.

…The best Sentai dubbed release of 2014 expired from the player? (hipster voice) I don’t even…

If you don’t have the boxsets, all the episodes (4 seasons) are on YouTube nowadays. Season 1 was interesting.

I guess that means season 2 will be on its way out eventually. Looks like the expirations are beginning now for the Sentai era of TAN.

Nozomi Entertainment’s Maria Watches Over Us License Expires

posted on 2018-05-03 18:00 EDT by Karen Ressler

Maiden Japan Licenses Maria Watches Over Us Anime

posted on 2018-07-05 17:25 EDT by Crystalyn Hodgkins

HIDIVE Streaming Announcement

2019-07-10T21:48:00Z

3 Likes

Will be placed on my watchlist as well.

I have a possibly very stupid question though. The description has it listed as both Shoujo-ai and Yuri. I was under the assumption that both stood for Girls Love stories. Is there an actual difference between the two?

Google don’t fail me now:

shoujo-ai

Anime, manga, or fanfic that depicts non-explicit lesbian relationships. Usually focuses on the romantic/ loving/ emotional side of the relationship, unlike yuri which focuses on the passionate/ lustful/ physical side. Usually no more than PG-13 rated.

That’s what I always thought, at least.

2 Likes

Okay. So dumbing it down a little, Shoujo-ai would be along the lines of Bloom Into You, and Yuri would be closer to Valkyrie Drive Mermaid.

1 Like