Marvel Universe

I don’t have fond memories of Daredveil and I don’t know who the other 3 are; is Luke Johnny’s brother? :slight_smile:

Only Netflix show I’ve seen yet has been Lillyhammer lol.

In theaters May 2014.

**The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - OFFICIAL Trailer **

###Drew Goddard Departs Daredevil

[quote]Two big filmmakers have departed the Marvel cinematic universe in less than 24 hours.

Following yesterday’s announcement that director Edgar Wright has abruptly left the big screen Ant-Man movie, this morning Marvel announced that Cabin in the Woods director Drew Goddard will no longer be in charge of the upcoming Daredevil series for Netflix. Goddard has already written the first two episodes of the show and will keep a credit as executive producer. He’s being replaced by Steven S. DeKnight, who created Spartacus for Starz.

Disney and Marvel haven’t said exactly why Drew Goddard has left Daredevil. It might be because he’s too busy with the Spider-Man spin-off film The Sinister Six that’s in the works at Sony, but it might also be over the same kind of “creative differences” that caused Wright to leave Ant-Man. It seems unlikely that two big departures in less than 24 hours would be a coincidence. It’s also worth pointing out that Goddard is a frequent collaborator of The Avengers director Joss Whedon, who recently posted this image on Twitter in an apparent gesture of solidarity with Edgar Wright.

The Daredevil series will premiere exclusively on Netflix in 2015, and will be followed by several other Marvel shows being made for the streaming service.
[/quote]

And then there’s this:
Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron (Official Trailer) (that’s James Spader’s voice, by the way)

2 Likes

James Spader is the villain? That’s going to be really, really, really weird.

So is the plot of this going to be Terminator 2: Judgment Day meets X-Men: Days of Future Past? I don’t think I’m up for another movie involving time travel any time soon (May 2015 is soon lol).

Where did you get the idea time travel would be involved in the new Avengers?

Wiki summaries of the comics. Wiki also quotes Whedon as saying that the movie won’t be an adaptation of the comics but some of the things that I saw in the trailer looked to jibe with the comic summaries so I wonder.

I’m not sure that I can take Spader seriously as the villain after his prior roles. How threatening can the guy who married William Shatner be? :wink:

[quote=“celestial_being, post:412, topic:2880”]
I’m not sure that I can take Spader seriously as the villain after his prior roles[/quote]
I take it that you’re not watching ‘The Blacklist’.

Not currently (S2 is on the DVR though) but I did see Season 1 of The Blacklist and that’s part of the problem for me. Knowing Whedon’s work, I could see Ultron being portrayed as a Reddington-like villain: bombastic, flippant and cocky. That would make the voice fit the character that I expect but that would make Ultron similar to Loki IMO.

###Marvel Announces Slate of New Films

Big things from Marvel. The studio has officially announced a slew of upcoming films, including Black Panther, Captain Marvel, The Inhumans, and a two-part epic called Avengers: Infinity War. Here’s the list:

May 6, 2016 – Captain America: Civil War
November 4, 2016 – Doctor Strange
May 5, 2017 – Guardians of the Galaxy 2
July 28, 2017 – Thor: Ragnarok
November 3, 2017 – Black Panther
May 4, 2018 – Avengers: Infinity War – Part 1
July 6, 2018 – Captain Marvel
November 2, 2018 – The Inhumans
May 3, 2019 – Avengers: Infinity War – Part 2

Marvel seems pretty confident that we’re not going to burn out on superhero movies.

I suppose that we we did have a generation that got a deluge of Westerns and WW2 movies (which are still coming out) but I know that I’m pretty burnt out on superhero movies already and I can’t be the only one lol.

can he really be anything other than Dr Daniel Jackson?

I’m thinking that when his hair left (always a tragedy) that it took the legacy of that role with it.

There is something worse than losing your alien wife to be a host for a Go’auld?

Some people forever get ypecast into certain roles, or characters; but what they then forget is that that is what people enjoyed the most. If an actor deviates and people don’t like it but the actor does, then you have to question why you are acting I guess. Some hate and then later are glad they did a role, while some viewers just cannot palce an actor being something else.

Mandy Patinkin for a while thought the Inigo Montoya would be the death of him, but he looked back and saw how good it really was and why people remembered it most, and why people knew him even if never having seen any of his other works. Doesn’t mean the others were bad, you just have to realize that not all movies are for all people.

I couldn’t take Adam Sandler serious in 50 First Dates. Being semi-intelligent and caring are not really his strong points, even though Billy Madison was a rags to riches story where he tried to help other people; because you have al the other masses of things like Little Nicky, 8 Crazy Nights, etc. Even in 50 First Dates you had whats-his-face acting stupid for comedy relief, but it went too far.

Betty White loves her ditzy characters and insane ones (Lake Placid) because she did her job as an actor the best she could do.

When in doubt, blame the director to screw up or the writer, jsut look at many subbed things like “All your base are belong to us.” or Star Trek: Nemesis.

Don’t think I could see many people outside of their main route either. James is the name I put with Daniel Jackson, but Russel and Anderson both I recall for O’Neil. Different people like what they like and not everyone gets roles like Malcovich and Robin Williams, that are so diverse but also well written so the story or direction doesn’t drag the acting down and people can see what real work is being done by the actor.

Gues actors jsut have to take their lumps. Say Travolta and I don’t think Pulp Fiction, because I don’t watch garbage, but I do think Grease, Welcome Back, Kotter; say Howard Hessman and I think WKRP.

I think it is like comfort food is what I am trying to say. So we don’t see Spader in a way outside of what we appreciate he has done that entertains us most in his career.

New Avengers Trailer January 12 - Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron Trailer 2 Preview

I’ll see the movie several times over in theatres if the trailer reveals that they re-recast Bruce Banner; Ruffalo needs to go.

[size=16]Watch the First Official Teaser For Marvel’s Ant-Man[/size]

New Avengers Trailer Arrives - Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron Trailer 2

Huh. I saw this on ESPN coincidentally on Monday, albeit without sound.

Hearing the voice of Red and “that guy who married William Shatner” as the villain is still throwing me off.

Marvel’s Daredevil - on Netflix