Miracle Train ~Ōedo-sen e Yōkoso~

[size=16]Miracle Train ~Ōedo-sen e Yōkoso~[/size]

[quote]Genres: adventure, drama, magic, mystery, romance
Themes: bishounen, male harem
Objectionable content: Mild
Plot Summary: There is an urban legend in Japan about an underground subway line that moves without limitations. The rumor is only gorgeous men ride a train that is known as the Miracle Train. And if you were to happen upon this line, you would undoubtedly fall into a complete state of happiness. Being touched by a ray of light, granting her access to enter into the Oedo Line platform, where the Miracle Train runs. As the doors open up, the space inside is very different, as six handsome men await you inside. According to the conductor the leadership of these six gentlemen and the female guide, when women have worries or insecurities, the Miracle Train will appear. With names matching the stations along the line, these fabulous gentlemen, whose bonds together are tight, despite their different personalities, will erase all of your worries and fears.
Number of episodes: 13
Vintage: 2009-10-04[/quote]
ANN Info Page

Interesting. I came across this on crunchyroll, I think. I will check this out. I have my ticket choo choo!!

spoiler

I’m enjoying this one a lot. I like the concept that the train stations are actual people. And cute helpful guys at that! I like too how the stations take on the characteristics of their neighborhoods. For instance Ryogoku is a historical area with landmarks and museums, so Itsumi Ryogoku is a history buff. So far, it’s a really cute show.

Episode 10 –

spoiler

This was the best episode so far! In order to help an actress, the guys become the “Oedo Line Cops” – a police action TV drama. Great action and even the music was TV perfect! The names were ridiculous and having a runaway train car driving through the city streets and waterways was silly, but it all worked and was fun to watch.

Episode 11 –

[details=spoiler]This episode was unexpectedly sad. The girl that the guys were trying to help was actually a ghost and they didn’t realize it. Even Mayu didn’t know she was dead. It turns out that she died in a car accident on the day she was supposed to become engaged to her boyfriend. And now three years later, he’s come again to lay flowers on the spot where she died.

The stations can’t bring her back to life, but Roppongi can help her talk to her boyfriend and that must be very weird to get a phone call from beyond the grave. It was very sweet when Hideaki still proposed to Mayu over the phone, even as she was apologizing for not being able to meet him that day. She tells him to lead a happy life and hangs up on him. The saddened Hideaki looks at his reflection in a nearby window and sees a smiling Mayu standing next to him. She kisses his reflection’s cheek and disappears. I really teared up at this one. It was so very bittersweet.[/details]

[spoiler]I was not expecting that ending, but I guess it was appropriate. I’m still not sure what’s behind the Miracle Train and its mysterious conductor though. Just when I got a hint of what was really going on, it was over! But it’s still a good anime and got much better towards the end.

Akari’s story was interesting and I liked how it happened around the holidays to become a Christmas miracle. At one point I thought Roppongi and the conductor were somehow tied in with Akari and perhaps two sides of one entity. However, the conductor became very sinister in the last episode and I would have liked to see more of who he really is and I also wonder who gives him his instructions. Maybe someday there will be more to watch; it would be nice to see it continue.[/spoiler]