My Instant Death Ability is Overpowered / Sokushi Cheat ga Saikyōsugite, Isekai no Yatsura ga marude Aite ni Naranain Desu ga

My Instant Death Ability is Overpowered, Ep 4 (Sub), is live at HIDIVE

1 Like

My Instant Death Ability is Overpowered, Ep 5 (Sub), is live at HIDIVE

1 Like

I have to say this is a really twisted show, but so far, I am enjoying it. Does that make me twisted too? LOL Maybe a little.

So, we have a busload of students taken to another world, given powers, and led away to become possible sages. All but two, found to be without powers and left to die. Fellow classmates are really nice people. Geez!

But one thing I am not sure of -

spoiler

Did Yogiri always have this death ability, even before he arrived here? And I wonder why the sage thought he didn’t have a power when he actually does.

He is unemotional, and seems to have no feelings about killing with a thought. He has been testing his ability at different levels on different things, but everything just dies. It does come in handy against enemies that want him dead and there seems to be a lot of those lately. And the other classmate with no power tries to keep him in line. I like Tomochika, and suspect she will also gain a special power of her own at some point.

At the moment she does have a scroll that helps, as well as a dead ancestor. However, there is something about Mokomoko that I just don’t like. It could be her voice or personality - I just can’t put my finger on it, but I find the character annoying.

So, episode 4 -

spolier

We have zombies and vampires - always a good mix. I enjoyed Masayuki’s transformation and I loved Tomochika’s comment of “Werewolf? No, bat man!” Yogiri kills him without a second thought, and Tomochika scolds him that he should have let Masayuki finish his transformation first. That girl amuses me.

So, Lain also dies, giving life to her loli copy that does not have her memories. Can’t wait to see how this fits into the story.

I have to say that I am not liking many of the other characters, even the background ones. Just not very nice people with a rare exception or two. But I will see how that plays out as well.

I invite anyone watching this anime, like @miquelfire , @MaouSadao to come in and leave a comment after watching each episode. It can be about anything. A character, artwork, story, music, etc. Even if you only leave one sentence about something you like or don’t like, it would be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

Yami, Nemesis, and Maou: “She’s the non-perverted version of Mana from CONCEPTION…”

2 Likes

There is a Loli crying “please don’t kill me” in episode 3…

This would have been an instant drop if he had killed her…

2 Likes

Based on the opening scene of the first episode, I’m fairly certain he always had that power.

Episode 5 spoilers

We see a flashback of him as a child. Seems like he was part of some experiment and was locked away, only to have a teacher, who was the one that was saved by him in episode 1. I’m going to assume the teacher is the only reason he has any morals to begin with.

2 Likes

I really am thankful he didn’t kill her…

:heart:

2 Likes

I have caught up and I believe you are right, miquelfire. The teacher had to have been a good influence.

The apology stones were interesting. Wish I had a bunch of those!

I wonder who the new Swordmaster will be. Laughing to think it may end up being the one with the Apology stones.

1 Like

There is a dragon Loli in the new episode… I swear if he kills her next episode…

1 Like

Also…

Am I the only one seeing this?

Tomochika:

Miyabi from Nakaimo:

Asuha in episode 1

Ichigo from Darling In The Franxx:

Erika from episode 3:

Himegami from Maken Ki:

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

I guess not every character can be an absolutely original design. :rofl:

I have seen many “borrowed” character designs over the years. Artists appear to be limited. :laughing:

2 Likes

My Instant Death Ability is Overpowered, Ep 6 (Sub), is live at HIDIVE

1 Like

My Instant Death Ability is Overpowered, Ep 7 (Sub), is live at HIDIVE

1 Like
Okay, that ending of Episode 7 was something else

It seems there is more to the MC than we first thought. So the one who summoned the class was curious about Yogiri, so they appeared to have summoned one of the scientists who put him in that room the teacher was sent to (I think it might be the one who rode the elevator down with the teacher though, but I’m not trusting my memory with that). What I’m curious about is what caused his head to explode like that? Some random thing came up on his phone, and he started to freak out, and as he was asking to be sent back, boom! Now the sage is more confused, as are we, since it seems we are missing far too much info about Yogiri

I normally don’t post during the day like this, but there was too much I wanted to say before I left the house and would forget to comment on

2 Likes

From my watch of ep. 1-4.
It’s not funny, what action it has isn’t particularly exciting, and the art/animation isn’t appealing.

There’s a kernel, a tiny one mind you, of something interesting, but the execution of what we do have at the moment isn’t winning me.

This is one of those show that an English dub might help the parody aspect stand out more.

3 Likes

This is the first show in a while I’ll have to force myself to try to get to my give it five episodes thing when I get to it. First episode just seemed like a very poor premise and the MC just seems rather bland. The what I’m taking as the main girl seems very generic. In the past I may have given it a better chance but now a days there is too much to watch to.

At least they got Gushing and Chained to draw in people. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Yeah I couldn’t make it past the 1st episode

2 Likes

My Instant Death Ability is Overpowered, Ep 8 (Sub), is live at HIDIVE

1 Like

My Instant Death Ability Is So Overpowered Anime Casts Rumi Okubo

posted on 2024-02-22 11:38 EST by Alex Mateo
Rumi Okubo plays Ayaka Shinozaki in 8th episode

1 Like

Okay, what is the world our MCs are from?

2 Likes