Sunday Without God/Kamisama no Inai Nichiyōbi

Sunday Without God/Kamisama no Inai Nichiyōbi

Watch on HIDIVE

Genres: adventure, drama, mystery, psychological, supernatural
Themes: Death, grave keepers, parallel universe, tragedy
Objectionable content: Significant
Plot Summary: God had abandoned the world. Women had stopped giving birth and the dead are damned to walk among the living even if their bodies are horribly damaged. Only appointed individuals called “gravekeepers” can bury the deceased and put them to rest. Ai Astin is a young girl who took on the role of a gravekeeper after her late mother passed away. One day, a mysterious immortal man appears at Ai’s village and slaughters all of the residents except her. Ai, having no where else to go, ends up leaving her home to travel with the man. This begins the story of Ai’s travels as a gravekeeper while seeking answers to why God had given up on humanity.
Number of Episodes: 12
Vintage: 2013-07-06

ANN Info Page
Official JP Website

Kamisama no Inai Nichiyōbi Light Novels Get Anime

posted on 2012-10-19 10:35 EDT
Fantasy about girl who serves as Gravekeeper in world abandoned by God

Just Quoting you Slow from my Ryo-Ku-Bu SS! Thread.

anyway here’s the show summary: (From ANN)

I didn’t have it available when I made the thread, but thank you.

Well then it would seem that Ai doesn’t count as a human, wouldn’t it?

If the dead don’t die then what good is a gun?

Edit: Do y’all think that it is too late for Madhouse to make the chars fro the above promo pic the main characters and the 2 in the foreground into minor chars?

So what’s the status of a simulcast for this show?

Saw ep 1 now that Crunchy is up to speed.

This show might actually have potential. I was somewhat surprised.

BTW, when is Sentai going to license Psychic Squad: The Unlimited? This show reminds me a bit of it for a very obvious reason lol.

I didn’t know that crunchyroll simulcast OVAs but since this show seems to only have 3 episodes I now know that it does.

This is a full TV series, not an OVA.
And will be 12 epsiodes, which you can see from the PR that I posted.

This show is suppose to be 13 episodes. It only started July 6th.

And no, they don’t normally stream OVAs. Technically, the couldn’t be “simulcasts” anyway as the shows don’t air on TV. OVAs are made for home video release, though some do air on Japanese TV after their release. It’s relatively rare though, as the OVAs are usually included as bonuses for the TV’s home video release or the manga, to encourage buying.

After seeing ep 3 I’m pretty sure the show ended right there.

Brutal.

COMING TO ANIME NETWORK IN AUGUST

Starting: August 9th @ 7:00 PM EST / 4:00 PM PST

Does it have to? Right now I’m thinking that Sentai would be better off un-licensing this. There’s absolutely no real reason set up by the show for it to go past ep 3 as every plot thread started in eps 1-3 ends with ep 3. What are they going to do in ep 4? I don’t know, but it won’t involve much of what they spent 1/4th of the series setting up.

Maybe they messed up and Episode 3 was supposed to be Episode 12? That would make more sense. This almost seems like someone tried to copy Madoka Magica’s ep 3 and failed.

Episode 1 (Sub) is live at ANO

Episode 2 (Sub) is live at ANO

Episode 3 (Sub) is live at ANO

Episode 1 –

spoiler

This is a strange one! Making a seven year old child a gravekeeper is crazy, but I’m hooked! It was sad that Ai had to literally bury her own mother at that young age too. Sadder still that at age twelve, she had to bury her entire village. But is she really a gravekeeper? And who exactly is Hampnie Hambart? I love a good mystery!

Hopefully episode 3 won’t kill the series for you as it did for me (though from what I hear the show fell apart after ep 3 anyhow).

Even though ep 3 didn’t kill it for me, if what you heard is true, then I already see why it fell apart.

spoiler

There’s no loose strings in the plot to warrant more episodes. They could have just made this a 3 episode anime and it would of worked just fine. If anything, it’s just the poor girl just trying to find a place to belong. Or it’s going to use a formula kinda like the monster of the day stuff other shows use.

Rereading Wicca’s summary, I’m surprised that I wasn’t touched at all by how Ep 3 ended. Maybe if this was two stories instead, I would have been? Hell, I get more feeling from Watamote…

I completely agree with what you put in the spoiler tag.

I’m hoping that Sentai’s dub can polish this one up.

That’s if they decide to give it one. It just might end up being one of the new sub-only BD.