How ya'll doin, eh?

Well hay there, my name is Dan, I’m a 30 something pedi nurse from the “big” state of Texas. I’v been into anime for a number of years now and have been lurking this site for a while and I finally desided to drop in and see what ya’ll are up to. I have AN on demand via cable (would love it if we had the full version.) I have a really accletic mix of likes, I am a HUGE Miyazaki fan but also really into Elfen Lied at the moment, my wife gets a bit wiered out by this mix (cutisy cartoons about little girls and such and then grafic sex and violence but hay she like the Bee Gees and Twisted Sister :huh: .)

One quick little question for all you hard core types can anyone explaine the “rateing guides”? Some of it I get like language, skimpy clothing, but just what the heck is nose bleeding??? :dry:

TTYL

Dan

Hey danhome, welcome to the forums.

Miyazaki’s a great filmmaker. Have you seen Ponyo, and if so, how’d you like it?

To answer your question, nose bleeding is an anime trope that occurs when guys see a hot, naked woman, showing arousal. I suppose women can get nosebleeds whenever they see a hot guy too, but http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Nosebleed

What do you mean by the full version of Anime Network, like AN 24/7? That was cancelled a while ago, unfortunately, but we’ve got the http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Watch-Online, which is basically 24/7 access to anime. :stuck_out_tongue:

See you around.

Welcome to the forum. :slight_smile:

Welcome, DanHome! (kinda like down home, huh?)

Another Texan, yes!! :stuck_out_tongue:
You know that Anime Network is based in Houston, right?

I, too, started out as a lurker and I turned out ok. <everyone else, be quiet!> My hubby has been scratching his head at my hobby for quite a few years also, but he takes it in stride as long as I try to do all my other chores. :wink:

As for those ‘rating guides’, I know Hentai explained about the “nose-bleeding” - but, (and I don’t know if you’ve noticed) every single show has the same guide. It’s something they have on their list to fix, but it hasn’t been accomplished yet. So, you really can’t go by it.

Feel free to browse around all the forums and jump into any convos that interest you. And ask MORE questions. I’m sure someone will answer you, but, of course, only the moderators answers matter. :wink:

If you’d like to make a sig, or have those icons under your avatar, go here:
http://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,65/do,show/func,myprofile/

Please come back and post often! :laugh:

Slowhand has chores???

Welcome to you danhome! :slight_smile:
You have some nice taste in anime. Elfen Lied is a favorite of mine. Hope you will join us often. Enjoy!

LadyOfWicca wrote:

Let’s be careful here or the new guy will get to see my whip in action…

Not the whip! I knew I was going to get in trouble for that comment! I take it back! :laugh:

Oh ShawnMerrow! That is just too perfect! :lol: :lol:

“eh?” Are you from Texas, that small town in Saskatchewan? =P

Not another one from Texas! :wink: Just picking! Anyway, welcome aboard! I hope you like it here and visit often. Make sure you check out both the forums and community section, as we have some great discussions in both.

Also, ShawnMerrow, that may be the TAN post of the year! ROFL!

bows