Nyan Koi! / Nyankoi!

“Funi’s version”??

I have to say I’m a bit surprised that they are going back and dubbing this. I’m guessing it must have either sold really, really well, or it was picked up in Australia or the UK. I guess time will tell.

1 Like

Cat Planet Cuties :lol:

I’m still holding out hope for Kurenai getting a dub; I’m mildly surprised that it seems catgirls > lolis. :laugh:

1 Like

The dub cover art has been posted.

DVD

Blu-ray

1 Like

Looks like it wasn’t just delayed here.

1 Like

Works out better for me actually had to much in the Sept order.

1 Like

If you’re getting Medaka Box as well, it doesn’t really change much for you, since it moved to fill the Nyan Koi! spot.
Except make Dec even more full than it already was. -lol-

1 Like

Any intel as to why the blu-ray of this costs $10.50 more than the Blu-Ray of other December blu-ray releases, namely BTOOOM! & G&P?

41.99 vs 52.49…?

1 Like

Because it’s not on pre-order/weekly sale.

1 Like

That would explain it. Another rigutstuf quirk.

Where is this sale listed? I only see the Funimation “big” sale listed on their main page.

1 Like

Hover over STORE
Go to MONEY SAVERS
Click on WEEKLY SPECIALS

1 Like

So many facets to rightstuf. Buying from this place, without finding that I ripped myself off by missing/not waiting for one the many sales, is more complicated than it should be lol. “Byzantine” comes to mind to describe it.

Thanks.

1 Like

I’d say it’s pretty straightforward.
I don’t know about you, but if I’m purchasing something from a site, I tend to look around at all the links on the front page and I’m pretty sure quite a few other people do that as well.

1 Like

Rarely am I purchasing something from RightStuf, though. This is one of the reasons why as I don’t like gimmicks.

Buying the club card should be enough. I shouldn’t have to also watch his site as though it were the Wall Street Journal, anime were stocks and I were a highly motivated investor, lest I rip myself off.

Now that I’ve gone back to it, I see that the “weekly specials” list is something that I have seen before. It is a terribly formatted, data-lacking table that is split over multiple pages. Why is this information so obfuscated; why is being part of the sale not reflected on the page for affected products? I think that I know the answer to those questions. :wink:

1 Like

Apparently, you didn’t read their FAQ either.

Products that are on weekly sale are marked right under the price on the product page, and products that are not on weekly sale are not marked right under the price on the product page:

1 Like

Having to watch for sale prices is no different than any other website. Even Walmart, with it’s “low price, everyday” scheme, still has wild fluctuations in their online pricing. Amazon is known to change from hour to hour on many products, particularly if the item is stocked by both Amazon and various Market Place retailers. At least Right Stuf keeps their sales in one spot every week, and the sale prices start and stop on the same day, as opposed to Walmart, Amazon, Deep Discount, and others.

As for the layout of their site, I agree that it’s not the best. However, it’s far better than some other anime specialty sites out there, such as Anime Nation (which is often cheaper than Right Stuf, but has a higher free shipping barrier), Anime Pavilion, and others. Programming and running a retail website isn’t necessarily cheap, and a small company like Right Stuf can’t afford something with the flair of Amazon, which has its own issues. Things can get pricey when you factor in design and website element patents. For instance, “One Click” shopping was patented by Amazon. Anyone who wants to utilize a similar system has to pay a fee and a small royalty per usage. Even things like queues, or wish lists are often patented and can be very expensive to license and utilize. Blockbuster Online had to settle with Netflix over their online DVD queue after they were sued.

Seriously, if you don’t like Right Stuf, don’t shop there. There are plenty of other websites out there that sell the same products, and many of them do it at a lower price. The only real advantage to Right Stuf, and Anime Nation for that matter, is that they ship when the product arrives and they don’t wait for the street date. But their shipping policies can make it hard to predict when something will be charged and shipped, which I’m not a big fan of.

I’ve personally become more and more of a fan of Deep Discount. Their daily prices are lower than Right Stuf’s Weekly Specials, usually $41.49 or lower for a Sentai bluray set, and their free shipping barrier is only $25. They also have pretty decent regular sales, like their current Buy 2, Get 1 Free bluray sale, which includes many Sentai titles. I’ve also noted that they send out their free shipping items much quicker than Right Stuf, particularly if the items are already in stock. The only downsides I’ve noticed, or heard about, is that they will use a padded enveloped if you only order a one or two discs, and I’ve heard they sometimes place a hold on your card as soon as you order, though that’s never happened to me.

I’ve also noticed that Amazon has become more competitive in their pricing of Sentai sets lately. Many are in the mid $30 range on Bluray, and since I already have Amazon Prime, I don’t have individual shipping charges. Their faster shipping charges are also pretty reasonable. However, they too often ship single discs in padded envelopes, and they earliest you will have a product is the Monday before it’s release, depending on how fast UPS is running that week.

I actually don’t mind waiting until street date for a bluray, as it does make it easier to keep track of checking account balance if an emergency comes up. I also rarely get a chance to watch something right away.

1 Like

Episodes 01-12 (Dub) are now LIVE at TAN!

1 Like

Official Nyan Koi! English Dub Cast List

November 25, 2013 at 2:11pm

Available December 31, 2013

About Nyan Koi!
Saying that Junpei Kosaka’s allergic to cats is something of an understatement. Just thinking about cats can make him sneeze - a fact that seems to be lost on his mother and sister, who both ADORE cats. And if that wasn’t bad enough, when Junpei inadvertently damages a statue of a cat deity, he becomes cursed with the ability to understand felines. Now Junpei must perform 100 great favors for cat-kind or face the fate of being turned into a cat himself!

Life quickly becomes a purrfect hell as every cat in the neighborhood starts sending Junpei their list of “requests.” But it’s not just the cats: the local Yakuza’s daughter is playing cat and mouse, the monk’s daughters are acting catty, Junpei’s childhood best friend is ready to use him as a scratching post, and the girl he has a secret crush on is as cat crazy as the rest!

English Vocal Cast

ADR Director - Steven Foster

Humans
Jyunpei Kousaka - Connor Leach
Kaede Mizuno - Lesley Pedersen
Kanako Sumiyoshi - Maggie Flecknoe
Nagi Ichinose - Kara Greenberg
Chizuru Mochizuki - Monica Rial
Kota Kawamura - Greg Ayres
Keizou Kirishima - Andrew Love
Akari Kirishima - Cynthia Martinez

Cats
Nyamsus - Marcy Bannor
Tama - Jay Hickman
Josephine - Sam Roman
Noir - Elizabeth Bunch
Chatora - Mark X. Laskowski

Source: Sentai Filmworks Facebook Page

1 Like

Wow, some of those cats just around hilarious due to their actors. Marcy Bannor and Jay Hickman especially. I kinda wish that Rob Mungle had been cast as a cat lol.

I finally finished Funimation’s similar show (I don’t quite see how they consider Tia Ballard and Monica Rial to be equivalents…) so I’m ready to compare and contrast. TAN is putting these shows out there faster than I can watch them. This is a problem that I’m glad to have.

1 Like

Unless it hits VoD first, I’ll wait for my DVD.

1 Like

My eyes insist that they see “DVD” but my mind knows that “bluray” is supposed to be there :slight_smile:

I do have a little trepidation about this one as it is going up against, for me, the surprisingly-halfway-decent Cat Planet…yeah, I can’t even say it, but I’ll be saddened if this show pales to that one (and holding off on watching it staves off that problem lol).

1 Like