[size=16]Watch Pretear on FUNi Online[/size]

Pretear Official JP Homepage
Pretear info on ANN

[quote]Genres: drama, magic, romance
Themes: bishounen, magical girl, male harem
Number of episodes: 13
Vintage: 2001-04-04 to 2001-06-27
Objectionable content: Significant

Plot Summary: Himeno Awayuki was a normal sixteen-year old girl until her father married a woman who happens to be rich. Since then, she has been perceived as an outcast by both her new stepsisters and her classmates. Later Himeno finds out from seven men called the Leafe Knights that she is something called Pretear, a girl who has the power to merge with and control the nature of the elemental-oriented powers from the Leafe Knights and stop an evil being called the Princess of Disaster.[/quote]

Kinda surprised this thread never got made when this was still an ADV series.

Anyways…
So I’ve been digging in my backlog recently and decided to watch something I haven’t seen yet, and settled on this.

It’s actually pretty good thus far, though I think my opinion is kind of skewed since I tend to like magical girl stuff regardless.
I like Luci Christian in most things, and with this she doesn’t disappoint!
She does such an awesome job with this!

So, I finished this up the other day.

I have to say, I rather enjoyed it!

The dub winded up being rather good, though the animation did seem a tad dated.
All in all a really good series, though with all the other DVDs/BDs I have, I doubt I’ll ever get around to rewatching this one anytime in the next few years.

hmmm… Toei Animation did the Animation and Junichi SATO was the original creator. Is this a hint that something big is going to be licensed?

Probably not. But it could indicate that they want the show and are willing to take others to get it. I would jump to any conclusions.

Also, it’s funny that this would get announced as I’m watching the series. I’m actually just finishing up the final episode. Not a bad series, but I have to say I’m surprised this one got picked back up. I imagine it was either very cheap or part of a bundle.

[quote=dragonrider_cody]
Also, it’s funny that this would get announced as I’m watching the series. I’m actually just finishing up the final episode. Not a bad series, but I have to say I’m surprised this one got picked back up. I imagine it was either very cheap or part of a bundle.[/quote]

That was my first thought, I couldn’t imagin why Funi would go and license this anime unless it was part of a bundle.

So Funimation doesn’t license much new Anime in the winter season, but they do announce a license rescue of Pretear?

I would go with the idea that this is part of a larger block of licenses that may include something(s) that was(were) relatively more costly to get.

Time will tell.

Mark Gosdin

-reads above comments- ;_;

I will applaud Funimation’s decision by buying the ADV version.

Yeah; I already have an ADV thinpak set on this one. Do these old series really sell enough to be worth the license and the production costs?

I’m thinking of doing the same as I’m loading up on stuff for Spike Spencer to sign (the man needs more anime roles) but I’m at a quandary. The complete ADV thinpak is under 10 bucks on rightstuf, but it makes no mention of extras. rightStuf also has 1 of the individual dvds for sale, and it lists that it has extras.

Does the ADV thinpak have the extras?

Celestial,

I have the ADV Pretear thinpak, I think it has extras, but I only watched the episodes when I got it so I’m not certain.

I will check if / when I get a chance today, if someone else doesn’t beat me to it.

Mark Gosdin

None of the ADV Pretear sets had the extra’s from the original 4 singles.

And Pyschopuppet beat me to it.

So the answer is no.

Mark Gosdin

I’m just questioning why Funimation even bothered with this series. Hell, RightStuf has a ton in stock, the thinpack is only $8. They’re going to have to beat that price if they want it to sell.

It probably either came as a bundle with something else or was a cheap filler for their online , TV , and VOD stuff or perhaps both.

And in less than a year’s time, it’ll be part of their S.A.V.E. line…
:S

Can’t it just go straight to the SAVE line?

It might, that would be up to Funimation’s marketing department.

I suspect this will be a title that Funimation will be in no particular hurry to release.

Mark Gosdin