posted on 2010-06-16
Delay reportedly due to 3D conversion

Live-Action Priest Promos Streamed

posted on 2011-01-11 20:00 EST
Manhwa-based Priest film opens in May

So, any feedback from anyone?

Reminder: Manhwa-Based Priest Film Opens Today

posted on 2011-05-13
Adaptation of Min-Woo Hyung’s vampire action/horror series in N. American theaters

I’m actually going to see this tonight for a friends Birthday. I will let you know how much it sucks. :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually, it wasn’t too bad. It certainly wasn’t great, but it was much better than I expected. It actually turned out pretty enjoyable, despite some flaws. The style was interesting. The performances were all solid, and the effects were pretty good despite the fairly modest budget (by Hollywood standards.) It sort of reminded me of a mix of the Riddick movies and Underworld.

The friend I went with really enjoyed, as did most of the people in the theater. It was a bit shallow, particularly given its relatively short run time, but it was fun. That’s really the best you can expect from a summer movie.

Saw this last night and I actually have to agree with a lot of what cody said, especially the mid of Riddick and Underworld movies part.

It seemed like they put more effort into the fight scenes (which I thoroughly enjoyed) than they did the rest of the movie, for reason that are easy to understand, but it was almost to the point of where it was too easy to see.

Aside from that, it was a very enjoyable movie and glad I saw it.

I saw this and thought it was pretty good. A bit short for my taste, at least it seemed to be over rather quickly.

Didn’t really care for Karl Urban as Black Hat. I don’t think they developed his character much, and they should have.

Slick

[size=5]Manhwa-Based Priest Opens at #4 with US$14.5 Million[/size]
Live-action horror film is 2nd highest-grossing new film in U.S., below Bridesmaids

‘Priest’, Scott Stewart’s loose live-action film adaptation of Min-Woo Hyung’s horror manhwa of the same name, opened in the United States this weekend with an estimated US$14.5 million on 2,864 screens. The May 13-15 box office estimate from Sony Pictures’ Screen Gems label places ‘Priest’ at #4 below another new film: #2’s ‘Bridesmaids’ with US$24,409,000. ‘Priest’ earned an estimated US$5 million in Russia, Slovenia, Spain, the United Kingdom, Ireland, and Malta last week.

James Wong and 20th Century Fox’s live-action ‘Dragonball: Evolution’ film based on Akira Toriyama’s ‘Dragon Ball’ fighting manga opened in April of 2009 at #8 with US$4,756,488. The Wachowski Brothers and Warner Brothers’ live-action film remake of the ‘Speed Racer’ car-racing anime opened in May of 2008 at #3 with US$18,561,337.

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-05-15/manhwa-based-priest-opens-at-no.4-with-us$14.5-million