Princess Resurrection / Kaibutsu Ōjo

I’m gonna take a guess and say: Stackpack!!!

I mean every other 24/26-ish episode show that’s been re-released with a new dub has been like that: Ghost Hound, Clannad/Aftef Story, Tears to Tiara…um, I think that’s it. I don’t know about the sub-only collections since I have the half sets.

So…yeah…

Stackpack!!!

Most complete sets have used stack packs, but YUA Season 2 used a type of litebox. So we won’t know for certain until it ships.

Princess Resurrection Dub Cast

Directed by Steven Foster

Hime - Shelley Calene-Black
Hiro - Blake Shepard
Sawawa - Monica Rial
Flandre - Bree Welch
Liza - Luci Christian
Reiri - Emily Neves
Sherwood - Hilary Haag
Francesca - Stephanie Wittels

Master - Andy McAvin
Wildman - Samuel Roman
Poseidon - Rob Mungle
Zeppeli - Chris Patton
Hosei Sanagida - David Wald
Tomako - Serena Varghese
Ryu-Ryu - Leraldo Anzaldua[/quote]

Per Janice Williams of Sentai Filmworks @ The Fandom Post

Nice

Episode 1 is now available on VOD!

I’m currently watching it and I have to say that the casting was absolutely PERFECT!

Watched the first episode and really liked the dub. I thought Shelley Calene-Black really nailed Hime.

Loving the dub. Casting is well done! :slight_smile:

Is there anywhere else that I can watch Princess Resurrection English dub other than VOD?

Not at the moment, but it will probably pop up on the online player eventually. It will probably also end up at places like Hulu, Netflix and iTunes before too long.

iTunes and PSN have the first 5/6 episodes up, with a new ep. added every week; Mondays for iTunes and Tuesdays for PSN, but if u can’t wait you can always just buy the DVD.

Awesome. As long as it’s free, it doesn’t matter where I watch it.

:frowning:

“I saw a Japanese Howard Johnsons a ways back, we could stay there” … lol, what, they had too many mouth motions to just say cheap motel ? That was funny. Episode 8, I think, with the mudslides and the typhoon - too lazy to go back out and double check.

“I love watching you pretend to be highbrow.”

snicker Reiri gets all the good lines.

So, any reason to dub Flandre? Was it a case of the dubbers not being able to pick out her lines or something?

It was either dub her or leave her silent on the audio track. They don’t get individual audio tracks for each character. They generally get a dialogue track, a sound effects track, and a music track. In some cases, they only get one track that contains everything, so those titles don’t get dubbed. It’s pretty hard to just pull out the audio track for one character, sometimes impossible or not permitted, so it’s just easier and often quicker to just dub something, even simpler roles like Flandre.

Huga!

Mone.

Okay, was the Angry Birds thing a dubbing thing, or was it in the original as well? I’m talking about the Episode where Hime got sick (because her sister was hogging Hiro to herself…)

This sounds like it has a Fosterized dub, which makes me want to see it for laughs. Even the worst shows become comedic gold when they’re Fosterized.

Sadly, like this OP, I lack for a way to watch the dub. I don’t understand this whole VOD thing, namely why I’d want it when internet streaming is superior.

Unlike the OP, I don’t necessarily need to watch this for free. I’m a Netflix and TAN subscriber, after all. I mean, sure, I could buy the dvd, but that defeats the purpose of TAN. Streaming is how I determine if a show is worth buying for me. With limited shelf space and collectors’ pride, there are only 3 reasons for me to buy a dvd: extras, potential signatures, or it is just stand-out awesome. I don’t think it has extras, the signature potential is extremely low, and while Stephen Foster is directing this, I need to know if it has been fully Fosterized before I buy in. The only way for me to know that is to see at least a few of the eps dubbed.