R.O.D. / Read or Die (TV and OVA)

ALRIGHT!!!
This is aweso…oh, wait…I got these already.
Yeah…never mind.

It’s still nice for other people…also makes sure this title doesn’t disappear into OOP land. AS IT SHOULDN’T.

Already got them myself. The OAV and TV Series are well worth watching if you have never seen them.

I was really hoping for a DVD release. Even when I get another PS3 I won’t have the proper setup for Blu-Ray yet.

You could still watch it though. You just wouldn’t get the HD benefits.

Which defeats the whole purpose lol.

Not really since your not getting much of a benefit in the case of the TV series in the first place. Geneon’s release was done when they were top of the game pimp-slapping the others in video quality so it’s not to much of a improvement. Worth getting and watching if you can afford the set in the first place and have a way to Play Blu-ray that is.

This. I’ve seen a side-by-side comparison of Geneon’s DVD release and the remastered Bluray in Japan. There really isn’t much of an improvement. The show is still an upconvert. At least this is a way to own the show, and it’s not much different than those who bought a progressive scan DVD player without a progressive scan TV, or those who only used composite cables to hook it up.

New “Read Or Die” Anime Being Considered

August 22, 2016 6:45am CDT
After a decade, Hideyuki Kurata’s R.O.D: Read or Die is back with a 12th light novel on August 25th