Recipes

Anyone do any cooking? Have any recipes you like to share? I made this cake for Christmas.

Chocolate Cherry Cake

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white granulated sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 10 ounce jar maraschino cherries, drained and chopped (reserve the liquid)
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat over to 350F, and lightly grease and flour a 9x9-inch baking pan.

In a large bowl, toss together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt until well mixed.

Add the cherries, reserved liquid, oil, water, vinegar and vanilla; stir until thoroughly blended.

Spoon into prepared baking pan.

Bake at 350F for 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Cool completely, in the pan on a wire rack before cutting.

Makes on 9x9-inch cake.

Use your desired icing.

I made an Italian Sausage, Vegetables and Pasta recipe that I came up with for my Mom’s birthday yesterday. It was the second time making it and she really liked it. It’s a very simple recipe but figured I would share it.

Ingredients
1lb Italian ground Sausage
1 16oz Box of Pasta
1 Jar of Sauce
2 Green Peppers
1 Onion
1 Small carton of Mushrooms
Garlic powder or cloves

I made this in a large electric skillet set to a temperature of 350. Should start making the pasta at this time.

1. Chop up onion an place into a bowl, chop up green peppers and mushrooms and place in a separate bowl.

2. Put Italian Sausage in skillet an add garlic to taste, cook till meat is fully cooked.

3. Add onion and cook for 30 seconds, string frequently.

4. Add green peppers and mushrooms an cook for a minute, string frequently.

5. Add the sauce an heat for a minute, string frequently.

6. Add the cooked pasta an stir it for 30 seconds then serve.

This recipe does make a lot so can easily serve four to five adults. I also served it with breadsticks and salad.

I guess my invite got lost in the mail…

Mine as well. Don’t you have our right addresses ShawnMerrow?

:unsure: It was the Post Office, they lost them. :dry:

Sure - blame the post office! :stuck_out_tongue:

Fax me some

I have a few questions. What type of pasta did you use? Do you think leaving the green peppers out would change the flavor dramatically (my wife is allergic to them.) Also, why did you use a drawing of a mushroom instead of real mushrooms? IOW, read the ingredient list again.

Newshawk wrote:

LOL

Newshawk wrote:

The pasta was Penne Rigate and the brand was Ronzoni Quick Cook 3 1/2 minute.

I think you can leave out the green peppers without a major problem. I might substitute Zucchini for it to keep up the vegetable level.

As for the typo. :laugh: (fixed)

Pfft! It’s not a real Italian recipe if you use sauce from a jar. :wink:

Is this where I insert some generic joke about having some Italian sausage fo your mom? :stuck_out_tongue:

ShawnMerrow wrote:

You have to admit that talking about a “cartoon” of mushrooms on an anime site has a certain irony to it…

Newshawk wrote:

[quote]ShawnMerrow wrote:

You have to admit that talking about a “cartoon” of mushrooms on an anime site has a certain irony to it…[/quote]

Yes, it does. :laugh:

http://webpages.charter.net/smerrow/100_1199.jpg

A picture of the finished meal.

I saw this Brown Rice with Mushrooms recipe on a VOD cooking show. Have made it twice and really liked it.

http://www.answerstv.com/AnswersTV/Media/Files/002_S002_E016Grai_Reci_BrownRiceMushrooms_Ingredients_PDF.pdf

The PDF has an internal link to a video of it being made.

I made some changes to the recipe for my family. First I used 1/2 pound (8 oz) of mushrooms. That is the size the store had and just wanted more then the recipe called for. I put in the whole red bell pepper and did not even bother measuring it. My family loves onions so also used about double what they called for. The last change was to put the seasoning (garlic, pepper, salt) in after you melt the butter and not after you add the rice. I did that the second time and thought it tasted better.

Thanks (Slowhand?) I had forgotten about this thread.

ShawnMerrow wrote:

Yep, that would be me. Thought I’d put them all together.

I made this mustard gas for my hotdogs

5 cups bleach
5 cups ammonia

PURE MUSTARD FLAVOR WITH HALF THE FAT

noir3 wrote:

[quote]I made this mustard gas for my hotdogs

5 cups bleach
5 cups ammonia

PURE MUSTARD FLAVOR WITH HALF THE FAT[/quote]

that’s chlorine gas moron

Be careful you may be required to taste test any recipes you post. :stuck_out_tongue: