What's Cooking?

Hello there. So, I was in the forum talking to a few of the regulars when we went off topic on a thread and started talking about cooking. Which in turn gave me the inspiration to start this thread. So I want to ask you all, what’s cookin’ good lookin’? :wink: Or rather, what can you cook? So I’ll be posting recipes and sharing pictures of the things I enjoy cooking and hope you all share your favorite dishes with me as well. :laugh:

1 Like

EDIT:
Aha! I thought there was a recipe thread already…
https://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,183/catid,11/func,view/id,35976/limit,20/limitstart,80/
Though it seems like Wicca is the only one posting in it now :dry:

Shame on you Oracle for not looking into this :stuck_out_tongue:

I blame society… :angry:

Good! A place to talk about food!
Is there really no cooking thread already? That’s kind of sad :frowning: But there’s one now, so I guess we don’t have to worry about that :cheer:

Well, I can’t say that I’m the greatest cook, but I would say 80% of my attempts at cooking have been successful.

On a couple occasions, my brother and I have made baked ziti with little meatballs in it. It’s one of the better things I know how to make.

We found the recipe here if you’re into baked ziti:
http://www.goonswithspoons.com/Baked_Ziti

(picture from the recipe page, not from me)

In fact, the entire Goons With Spoons site usually has some very good recipes. The site hasn’t been updated in quite some time, but what’s there is great. However, be warned that this site is populated by Goons (of the Something Awful kind), so the language will sometimes get a little foul in some of the recipes…

Cooking is intense.

Oh, I already saw Wicca’s recipe thread but this is different. It’s more and overall appreciation of food rather than just a place to share recipes. And by the way Hornet, that looks delicious. I’ll have to try cooking that sometime.

Alright, my mother taught me how to cook this a whole back. I don’t know how to cook it as well as she does but I do my best, so here’s a recipe for Chicken Fettuccini Alfredo.

http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/Oracle94/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps4fa96c75.jpg.htmlhttp://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y443/Oracle94/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps4fa96c75.jpg
(This is a picture I found on google. I don’t have any pictures of mine handy :dry: )

1 Like

hm… if you insist, sure whatever… I suppose this thread is about recipes, but also much more… It’s about food in general, so it’s technically not the same thing. Here’s some pictures of food then…

More eggs! This time I made them with chicken! They didn’t turn out so good looking this time (overcooked them), but they were delicious anyway. I should point out that, even when I fail making something, I’ll usually eat it anyway, as long as it’s not poison, or completely inedible.

(I made these!!!)

And I don’t take credit for this, but here’s a slow cooker full of chili my brother made:

That chili looks amazing!

Well, it’s not like Wicca has a monopoly on this subject. I’m sure she won’t really mind sharing the space a bit. Though I probably should have just started posting on her thread… Oh well, no really harm done! :laugh:

And since it is not time for me to cook yet, I don’t have a picture to post but I’ll have something delicious on as soon as possible!

1 Like

Bonjour guys et ladies.,

I did read this part and I am not sure which verison you may be instering due I can whip up both Americianie style or French style foods due I am from either place. So I can make something pretty instering with it.

I know one food I did make from time to time is Ham Hock soup which I will have to find the recepice of this.

Merci,
Marc

1 Like

Looks awesome …My few attempts at making pasta have ended in a barely edible strips …though my chicken ravi stuffing tasted awesome …
Chicken filling contains:
chicken
broccoli
green peppers
tomatoes
mushrooms
Cajun spice
Garlic powder

1 Like

Bonjour Sky.,

Let moi pass the quick tips on pasta.,

Try to shorten up the cooking time and add little olive oil into it that will help a bit to prevent sticking. This methold I have done often espcally when I am the tugboat which it will rock and roll a bit so it was pretty much self stirring. MDR !! ( MDR = LOL )

one of the craziest food I just made not too long ago with Turkey is put a bacon on the top on the turkey and do the slow cooking I know it sound odd but it did help a bit to moist up the meat. ( I learn that thru one of my Americianie frenid )

Merci,
Marc

1 Like

sounds yummy …I think my issues with pasta is I have trouble gauging the thickness of the noodles I’m making

1 Like

The thicker it goes it will cook much longer but if you make it thinner like what I used the term loose is " Angel Hair " which it is very thin that will cook very fast useally about 5 to 8 minuites the most.

The other part what I useally do is let the water boil up first then turn the heat down after you add the pasta in and let it simmer but stir it every few minutes to prevent either sticky or get " clumped " up. It should be altane ( almost done ).

Are you making pasta by hand or what??

Hope this will help you on that.

Merci,
Marc

1 Like

Yes I make by hand …without even a pasta roller…old fashion I know but it helps me learn what to do if every the world we know ends

1 Like

Gotcha., ( if I say that term correct :stuck_out_tongue: )

The key issue is keep even pressure when you keal or roll it out that how it get uniform.

I just make a pasta dinner yesterday and my roller broke so I end up use one of my soda can to roll it out and work out allright with it.

as far for my cooking metholds I am pretty near the top of my crews when making hot foods some case I don’t actually cook in kitchen but end up in the engine room. they have few good cooking spots which I can use it quick.

Merci,
Marc

1 Like

That’s cool marc .I try a new recipe every few days up til recent that is …we have to redo the whole kitchen …Not fun at all

1 Like

Huh, that sounds very interesting. I may have to try hand rolling my pasta some time.

By the way Marc, where do you work?

1 Like

[quote=“Oracle” post=155538]Huh, that sounds very interesting. I may have to try hand rolling my pasta some time.

By the way Marc, where do you work?[/quote]

Bonjour Oracle.,

I do work on the tugboat and right now I am Nord ( North ) of Nomanday France at the moment and going west bound. I should be arrive to southern England sometime later on the day. I will stay on the tugboat until mid dec then go back on the land and run my own bussiness which I am combation of Electrician et Diesel mechanic.

Merci,
Marc

1 Like

Has anyone made fresh eggnog? Mine seems to be lacking a kick :expressionless:

1 Like

[quote=“Oracle” post=155416]That chili looks amazing!

Well, it’s not like Wicca has a monopoly on this subject. I’m sure she won’t really mind sharing the space a bit. Though I probably should have just started posting on her thread… Oh well, no really harm done! :laugh:

And since it is not time for me to cook yet, I don’t have a picture to post but I’ll have something delicious on as soon as possible![/quote]

:slight_smile: It’s fine. The recipe thread was never mine to begin with. I just added a few interesting things here and there.

We did have a couple of other food discussion threads, but it’s been too long to remember where they are or what they were called. So, please enjoy yourselves!

As for me, and from looking at your wonderful pictures, I still think men make the best chefs! :wink:

1 Like

Thank you Wicca but sadly, I am still novice when it comes to cooking. But I do try, the ladies seen to love a man that can cook :wink:

1 Like

its equal …both sexes have good and bad chefs :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

That pretty much sum up no matter where I goes. ( I do travel both USA and France pretty often )

But once a while something crazy do come up and have to take a double look.

Merci,
Marc

1 Like