Recipes

Haissan wrote:

[quote]noir3 wrote:

[quote]I made this mustard gas for my hotdogs

5 cups bleach
5 cups ammonia

PURE MUSTARD FLAVOR WITH HALF THE FAT[/quote]

that’s chlorine gas moron[/quote]

.> whatever bro… still tastes delicious… on a second note I should probably contribute something useful… my bro. came home one day with the need to make these stuffed peppers they look really gross but taste kind of good(reciped is just going to be copy and paste from site since to lazy to type):
Ingredients

1 pound ground beef
1/2 cup uncooked long grain white rice
1 cup water
6 green bell peppers
1 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper to taste
grated cheese

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Place the rice and water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and cook 20 minutes. In a skillet over medium heat, cook the beef until evenly browned.
Remove and discard the tops, seeds, and membranes of the bell peppers. Arrange peppers in a baking dish with the hollowed sides facing upward. (Slice the bottoms of the peppers if necessary so that they will stand upright.)
In a bowl, mix the browned beef, cooked rice, 1 can tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Spoon an equal amount of the mixture into each hollowed pepper. Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, basting with sauce every 15 minutes, until the peppers are tender. when its done put cheese on top of peppers or put it on 2 minutes before you plan to take it out of teh oven as to let it melt :3

well I made a few changes with the stuff he leaves out… stuffs good yo.

if you use poblano peppers and roast them before seeding you get a more firey flavor, and if you really want to have fun, bread them and fry them after stuffing instead of roasting, tastes really great.

I also recommend, if you aren’t going to fire roast the peppers, to at least pre roast in the oven so the sides are tender, this way you can stuff them more easily since the sidewalls aren’t always bowed outward.

another thing, if you use regular tomato, peeled and seeded then cut into a 1/2-1/4 inch dice, its pretty good too.

Sounds nice.

Tried this out last night and they came out nicely.

http://www.popularcookierecipes.com/Snickerdoodle.html

There is what I assume is a typo in the recipe. It has you preheating the oven before letting the dough set for an hour. It of course makes more sense to do that after.

Made this tonight with some baked potatoes and it was wonderful. Smelled so good cooking, almost drowned in drool before it was done.

I did just use Hamburger instead of what they called for. Not a mustard fan so left that out.

For al you college students out there with a bumpkis budget. In college you learn how to get creative with Ramen and Quick!

4 Cups Water
2 Packets Ramen (Beef or Chicken)
1 Can campbells tomato soup
1/2 cup shredded cheese.

Boil water.
Once water is boiling, throw in 2 packets of Ramen (Any Flavor)
Let boil for 3 minutes so that Ramen is still firm.
Drain and mix in only 1 packet of seasoning.
Add 1 can of campbells tomato soup.
Sprinkle some cheese on top if you like…

It tastes just like Spaghetti O’s.

French Toast
3 Large eggs
2 cups milk(I use 1%, but I would use anything but skim)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
8-10 slices of Texas style bread(thick bread)

Beat eggs thoroughly, slowly mix in milk and add cinnamon to mixture(or you could sprinkle a pinch on each slice of toast while in pan). Cook with butter on medium-low to medium heat depending on stove top.
You can even add a little sugar on top of the French toast after it done, along with syrup and butter.
Slick

bang’in salsa

makes one gallon
1 case 5x5 tomatoes
4 large yellow onions
4 jalepenos

veg oil as needed
salt tt
pepper tt
2 bunch cilantro

you will also need two full sized sheetpans, a knife, a tomato scoop, pastry brush, some kind of food processor or blender (there are stick blenders), and lots of corn chips.

1. preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
  2. scoop out the stem part of your tomatoes and cut them in half along their axis
  3. clean your onion by cutting off the stem and root ends and peeling off the papery skin, cut in half along the axis
  4. arrange your onion and tomato halves skin side up and jalapenos on the sheet pans and using your pastry brush spread a coating of oil over all of your vegetables. season with salt and pepper.
  5. place in the oven and roast until the skins are nicely caramelized and the flesh is very tender about 40 minutes don’t forget to rotate your pans half way through! remove fro oven when caramelized.
  6. take all of your ingredients (including the cilantro) and put them all in a bucket or you can blend in batches if you don’t have a stick blender, don’t forget to take the stems off of the roasted jalapenos.
  7. when the mixture is well blended adjust the seasoning with salt.

there you have it, 1 gallon of bang’in salsa for any football occasion.

when I say large I mean about the size of softballs, the tomatos are about the size of baseballs

Made this Sweet & Sour Pork recipe and it was really good. The link has a video of it being made and a link to a PDF of the recipe.

http://www.answerstv.com/AnswersTV/Channel.aspx?ChannelID=523dcd4b-12bc-4ad9-a1d5-64b59bf3b4fe&StartPoint=Folder2507&PlayItem=8486&AP=true

I found a wonderful recipe on the Johnsonville website. It’s an Italian Pasta Stew and it tasted great. I served it with salad and garlic bread.

http://www.johnsonville.com/recipes/gl/italian-pasta-stew.html

I made these and they are just wonderful!

[quote][size=4]http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/pink-champagne-cupcakes/26f6f790-0852-4bfc-8f73-8d4cfc8cf496?WT.dcsvid=NDY4NjczOTQyOAS2&rvrin=E5A9D0C1-7006-DD11-ABA7-00110A5B41E6&WT.mc_id=Newsletter_BC_12_31_2010[/size]

1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® white cake mix
1 1/4 cups champagne
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 egg whites
4 to 5 drops red food coloring

**Champagne Frosting **

1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
4 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup champagne
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 to 5 drops red food coloring

Garnish

Pink decorator sugar crystals
Edible pink pearls

1. Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
  2. In large bowl, combine dry cake mix and champagne. Add oil, eggs and food color. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
  3. Bake 17 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
  4. In medium bowl, beat frosting ingredients with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Sprinkle with pink sugar and pearls.[/quote]

I noted, as several people did on the site, that this doesn’t quite make 24 cupcakes. Also, to make the icing a little less runny, you might want to use a little more powdered sugar.
Also, some folks suggested using the Strawberry Cake instead of White cake.

That’s it ShawnMerrow! You are going to have to move in with me and be my cook! :lol:

Are the cupcakes good Slow? I love pink champagne.

LadyOfWicca wrote:

I put the link in the title so you can click on it and see what they look like, and yes, they are tremendous!

Thanks Slow! I may try to attempt them.

LadyOfWicca wrote:

:woohoo:

Braised Rabbit
1 rabbit
1/2 spoon flour (I think you will need more than this)
1/4 cup olive oil (salt and pepper to taste)
1 small dice onion
2 garlic cloves, mashed (I suggest mince)
3 or 4 tomatoes without skin (concasse)
1/2 cup dry white wine

(Preheat oven to 300oF) Clean, portion, (brine), season, dredge rabbit in seasoned flour, and sear in pan with the olive oil, drain off the excess oil, saute onion in tablespoon of oil, with mashed garlic cloves, when caramelized, add diced tomato and pince, then deglaze with white wine, return rabbit to the braising liquid and place in oven, braise until done(USDA says 160oF, but only if you want to eat leather, 150oF would be better, and more moist, I highly suggest you check the meat visually to see if it is cooked and keep in mind it will carry over cook.)

Haissan, if you like that one - here is one I like, and it’s really easy.
(Since I’ve never actually written the recipe before, bear with me - it’s probably gonna get a bunch of comments that I’ll have to edit)

1 Rabbit - skinned & quartered (leave the bones in for flavor)
Salt & Pepper
1 Can of Cream of Mushroom soup
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
Water
1 Package of Egg Noodles

In a slow cooker, add the entire can of mushroom soup, about a 1/2 can of water, and the Worcestershire sauce.
Mix that up.
Season the rabbit with salt & pepper to taste.
Immerse the rabbit quarters inside of the soup mixture, set the cooker on low.
Wait 7 to 8 hours. (I’ve sped this up on medium and high - but it tastes better on low)
I’m not too picky on the time - I just wait until the meat is really tender and easily comes off the bones.

Add the package of egg noodles & a little water (if needed) about 5 - 10 minutes before eating.
You’re just trying to soften the egg noodles in the mix - so I never really have timed this step.

This makes dinner & lunch for me and the wife for a few days! (I’ll remove the meat from the bones to get multiple meals).

have you tried going ahead and removing the bones and roasting them in the oven then using those bones to make a soup base? just have to simmer for a couple of hours and then use that liquid instead of water, might as well throw in some chopped onion carrot and celery (2:1:1 ratio by weight) for flavoring in the rabbit stock ( don’t forget to strain the stock) Essentially this saves you from having to pick through your prepared food for bones. try searing the meat before putting it in the soup mixture for cooking, you might be surprised (no flour, just oil in a hot pan and seasoned meat) oh have you tried putting in garlic.

your thing does sound good tho…

edit: oh I see about the bones now…you can still do the thing with water and vegetables and roasting, but reduce the strained liquid down to what you said you needed it will still have that full rabbit bone taste…

Ah! I never thought of using the bones for stock. Sounds good. I’ll have to try that one. Thanks!