Objectionable content: Significant
Number of episodes: 12
Vintage: 2015-07-04
Opening Theme: “Cry for the Truth” by Mich
2: “Black Swallowtail” by UROBOROS
Ending Theme: “Secret Sky” by Mich
2: “Dance in the Fake” by Yoko Hikasa
3: “Nameless Heart” by Aoi Yuki

Plot Summary: When the Majin awoke from the depths of darkness, the deity of fate chose six heroes and bequeathed them with the power to save the world. Adlet, a boy who proclaims himself the strongest on Earth, was selected among the Rokka no Yusha (Braves of the Six Flowers), and he goes to the rendezvous point — but seven have gathered there. The heroes suspect that someone among the seven is the enemy, and the initial suspicion falls on Adlet. (from ANN)

Rokka no Yūsha Fantasy Light Novels Get TV Anime

posted on 2014-11-19 03:10 EST
6 heroes are chosen to save the world from a dark enemy — but 7 show up

Rokka no Yūsha TV Anime’s 1st Promo Reveals Staff

posted on 2015-03-21 23:30 EDT

Rokka ~Braves of the Six Flowers~ Anime’s English-subtitled Promo Video Posted

posted on 2015-04-03 07:00 EDT

Pony Canyon to Localize Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers

posted on 2015-04-03 15:29 EDT

“Rokka no Yuusha” TV Anime Character Visuals Revealed

May 06, 2015 1:45am CDT

Sōma Saitō, Yōko Hikasa, Aoi Yuki Star in Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers TV Anime

posted on 2015-05-22 06:21 EDT

Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers Promo Introduces Story Premise

posted on 2015-05-26 13:10 EDT

Michi to Perform 1st Opening, Ending Themes for Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers Anime

posted on 2015-06-06 02:15 EDT

Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers Anime’s New Promo Video Features Michi’s Theme Song

posted on 2015-06-22 01:45 EDT

ANN Anime Spotlight: Rokka - Braves of the Six Flowers -

Jun 22nd 2015

Crunchyroll to Stream “Rokka -Braves of the Six Flowers-” Anime

June 25, 2015 5:00pm CDT

Rokka -Braves of the Six Flowers- Premiere Screening Event at Anime Expo

June 26, 2015

VIDEO: “Rokka no Yuusha” TV Anime OP Song MV Performed by MICHI

June 29, 2015 1:30am CDT

So far this was the best 1st episode this season for me.

1 Like

meh, it was the least favorite of the first batch of simulcasts I’ve seen, so far. What did it in for me was the whole Aztec/Mesoamerican “rip-off” aspect. It’s one thing to have nods and inspiration from it, it’s another to just wholly cut and paste it, even down to the city plan of Tenochtitlan.

It kept taking me out of the story, whenever we’d see the murals of Aztec/indigenous people and then cut to the present inhabitants. Weird little quirks like this can something ruin one series but be okay in others. Not this time.

Maybe it does get better, but it’ll be a show I’ll marathon once all of it out.

Now, I thought the Aztec touch was a nice one - something a little different. I want to see where they go with it. At least they didn’t do any human sacrifice - not yet anyway.

Rokka〜Braves of the Six Flowers〜PV ver.2

Rokka〜Braves of the Six Flowers〜 OP: MICHI "Cry for the Truth / Secret Sky"

Rokka〜Braves of the Six Flowers〜 PV Ver. 3

UROBOROS Performs TV Anime “Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers” 2nd OP Song

August 03, 2015 4:45am CDT
“Black Swallowtail” will be released on September 9

VIDEO: “Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers” 2nd OP Song MV by UROBOROS

August 09, 2015 11:45pm CDT
“Black Swallowtail” and 1st mini album hit stores September 9

Rokka〜Braves of the Six Flowers〜 OP & ED Theme Songs by MICHI

Rokka〜Braves of the Six Flowers〜 OP & ED Double A-Side Single “Cry for the Truth” MV (FULL)

Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers Blu-ray whole volume purchase bonus [Kyanime .jp] video benefits PV

Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers Chapter II ED Theme [Dance in the Fake]

Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers Chapter III ED Theme [Nameless Heart]

Nachetanya Cosplay:

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/11838552_1625887814348778_5690462193483803500_o.jpg

1 Like

Advertorial: Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers

Sep 12th 2015

I finally got around to this one (PonyCan scared me off) and it has completely eclipsed the other shows that I’ve been watching this season.

Other shows didn’t leave me feeling compelled to watch the next ep. This show did.

Only complaint is the CG-it’s embarrassingly terrible-but the show has been really fun. Could easily be show of the season IMO and definitely first exceptional show snagged by PonyCan.

Episode 12 Spoilers

So, the Princess was the seventh brave. Poor Goldof, he’s so heart broken now.

And now there’s yet another brave who shows up… so they have to do this song and dance AGAIN, but at least they can make progress to the demon king this time.

My thoughts on who may be a fake (in the order Anime Planet lists them):

Adlet

We saw how he got his crest, so us as the audience have info that proves he’s the real deal. As far as what the others could have seen, Hans got his proof with that illusion thingy, and Maura (and Fremy, and whoever else was in that battle I was thinking of) actually has some proof because he was trying to prove how Fremy wasn’t the seventh during the barrier thing

Chamot

She could be a fake. And if she is, if Maura is killed, she could let loose and kill everyone else. We actually weren’t given enough info about her for me to go beyond that. Basically, she has fiends living inside her, and Maura is able to keep a short leash in terms of keeping her focus… so her being a fake would mean that Maura is too strong for Chamot to do anything.

Fremy

If she is a fake brave, Adlet’s actions makes her unable to act on that fact. Her motives however will allow her to be an ally even if she is a fake (and the barrier thing allow her to develop feelings for Adlet). She did openly state she was willing to kill the other braves after all, but her reasons was more of revenge. I have a feeling that if she wasn’t chosen, she might not have went through the hassle of faking a crest though, so I say her being a fake is low

Goldof

Motive if he’s a fake: He wants to protect the woman he loves. If so, then the fact the one he wanted to protect was the seven and caused the whole mess with the barrier, might have shaken him up. If he’s the fake, he might die soon because his head is not in the game. Actually, if any of the braves will die soon, I suspect he will be the first (Assuming this gets any more episodes). Really, it wouldn’t matter much if he was the fake, assuming my theory on why he’s faking it is true, as he’s strong enough. If he is faking it and my theory is true, then he might have been number 7-10 on the list, and if Fremy had killed another brave before the crests appeared, he would of been real

Hans

If he’s the fake, the barrier thing gave him a good reason to not act like it. I can’t think of any good motive for why he would be a fake, other than maybe there’s someone with enough money to pay him up front for a job.

Maura

I can’t really think of a reason for her to be the fake. Like Hans, the barrier thing gave her a damn good reason to act like the real deal, but her actions tells me she is the real deal.

That new girl

Not enough info at all! Know Adlet and that’s all we know about her

Either way, if one of the other six in the barrier is a fake, the barrier thing caused them to take pause of trying to prevent the braves from sealing off the demon king (assuming the reason is that, some might just be helpful if they’re fake anyway). I really do hope that more is made down the line.

1 Like

In the show, the magic crest hoojit protects the Braves from the anti-human miasma on the demon peninsula. I was starting to think that the reason the whole barrier arc happened was to prevent the fake from being found out the obvious way-instantly dying to the miasma in demonville-but the show looks like it thought around that, but the way it did it just deepened the mystery.

Some things about the “big reveal” don’t seem quite right but I think it’s a subtitling issue. Speaking of subs, what exactly is the name of the Saint of Gunpowder? I’ve seen it stylized differently in the various subs. IIRC, even Crunchy switched it from “Fremy” to “Flamie” mid-season.

Ep 12??

I wonder if both fakes knew about the existence and identity of the other. If they did, then Goldov cannot be the fake. It is possible that the Demons have gone Gundam Wing and sent in multiple independent agents-Flamie said the Demon clans don’t work with each other (which might explain why the Demon King is so important)-but I dunno.

Chamot is a strong possibility-she did try to frag 2 Braves-but maybe she’s too strong a suspect?

I also don’t suspect the new girl because she just destroyed the plan of the Second Fake: she revealed her presence. If she hadn’t shown up, the Fake could have killed the Braves with the element of surprise but now everyone has their guard back up. The new gal is both a great argument for and against the “the multiple fakes don’t know the other fakes” theory. On a side note, what was up with her character design?

Here’s hoping that we get a second season of this.

I guess we probably won’t see a second season of this.

18 - *,551 ***,551 Rokka no Yuusha Vol.1

Well that just rains on my parade. This was only week 1 of sales, but it’ll take a miracle to improve and it was downright destroyed by that BBB release.

With Disc 1 releasing so soon, I wonder how much of the animation was able to be cleaned up. On that, between the tolerably bad CG and the allegedly terribad animation (per ANN’s worst reviewer; I didn’t notice it), perhaps the studio can still break even with low sales?

I really don’t want to have to buy a PC release, but if it’s up to us to cover the slack of the Japanese…