Samurai Girls/Hyakka Ryōran Samurai Girls & Samurai Bride

Yeah, that’s the only one I couldn’t recognize either.

They’d also be the best drag queen (and king) names ever. lol

Samurai Girls, Ep 2 (Dub), is live at ANO

Ok, so after finishing 2 episodes of the uncensored version now, I have to say, I actually prefer the censored version.
It was both tactful and artistic, as the ink blots fit right in with the general artistic ink blot theme.

The nipple shots everywhere are seriously overbearing.
I mean, the ED alone is like one big gigantic stream of nipple shots.

The dub on the whole isn’t bad though, but they’re still having issues with pronunciations from time to time.

Samurai Girls, Ep 3 (Dub), is live at ANO

Samurai Girls, Ep 4 (Dub), is live at ANO

Is the dub solid? If so I’m going to skip watching it in subs.

It has a few issues with names, but other than that, it’s not too bad.

That being said…
Is it just me, or did they increase the sub font size for all recent shows (like this, AB!, and couple others)?

• Theron Martin

Apparently there was a problem with the dub on this show or something? Anyone have any reasons for why? I’m currently checking out the first episode.

Additionally I can’t watch the second episode dubbed. It keeps loading the sub version.

Umm, are you trying to watch the second episode subbed or dubbed? Your last sentence is confusing me.
(That’s fairly easy these days.) :wink:

I want to watch it dubbed. It keeps loading the sub.

That’s weird, I just checked it, and it loads the dub for Ep. 02 for me just fine.
You sure you’re trying to watch this one…
http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Samurai-Girls/Watch

And not the other one?

Yes that’s the one I’ve been trying to a week now. It is still not working. Remember I don’t have the subscription plan here or anything. I’m getting aggravated because I want to keep trying to see if it loads the dub, but the damn commercials start first. And so it takes forever to keep re-trying.

Problem: Want to watch episode 2 dubbed. It keeps loading the Japanese track with subtitles. Episode 1 worked fine.

Ahh, so you’re using the Hulu feed.
In that case, you should probably post this in the TAN Hulu thread in the Anime Network Online/VOD/Mobile section.

Here’s the thread.

http://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,131/catid,5/func,view/id,104409/

It may be coming from Hulu, but I’m watching it from this site, not on hulu.com. So didn’t even think to post this there. Sure this won’t confuse them? lol

So I bought the three month subscription, if I like it might keep it. I watched the second episode and it was pretty good. I liked Emily Neves in this. Although she’s not as good as she was in Angel Beats. That was a perfect role for her.

Saw ep 1, ready to move on to 2.

I consider Emily Neves to be Sentai’s Brina Palencia…a better Brina. After all, she can kill you with her voice (never gets old lol). Similar to Andrew Love being the better Chris Sabat. :wink:

I’m still not thoroughly versed in these “new school” Sentai voice actors yet…

I’m always wary about calling anyone the anyone of anywhere. Or as Lisa Simpsons once put it " Anything that’s the ‘something’ of the ‘something’ isn’t really the ‘anything’ of ‘anything’. " But I do think Emily Neves is to die for. She can kill you with her voice. Although I see what you mean with Andrew Love. He does play the kinds of roles Sabot would. Andrew Love is apparently married to Emily Neves btw.

Lisa Simpson called security on Dr. Sheldon Cooper so I’m not a huge fan of her. :wink:
(Does anyone like the modern Simpsons? I saw “The Outlands” and wasn’t impressed.)

I thought Brina Palencia was well suited to Holo in Spice & Wolf (though I didn’t much care for the show). Then I saw Broken Blade and I realized that Neves would have been better, much better, for the role. Same type of character, better performance.

To think that Andrew Love brought her into the Voice Acting fold due to their relationship as a minor character on Gilgamesh and now she’s a mainstream Sentai actor. So much for Chris Ayres insisting that there are no shortcuts to becoming a famed anime VA. :wink:

Getting back, I suppose I need to check out some more of this show as it might help keep me more on-topic lol.

What the R1 world needs is more Samuria Girls. If ARMS can give us more Queen’s Blade, surely they can give us more SG’s.

Or better yet, a QB vs. SG one shot.

:woohoo: