Star Wars TV & Film

ALL Star Wars: Skywalker Saga Trailers (1977-2019) | Movieclips Trailers

The Cast of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Assigns Each Other Superlatives | Star Wars

December 21, 2019 / Japan Today

:white_check_mark: Star Wars Resistance (Season 2), Ep 12, ”The Missing Agent” is now available.

:white_check_mark: Star Wars Resistance (Season 2), Ep 13, ”Breakout” is now available.

Baby Yoda’s Best Moments In The Mandalorian

Start streaming @StarWars: The Force Awakens, and Free Solo

The Mandalorian Season Finale - 11 Star Wars References & Easter Eggs

Top 10 Star Wars Movies (Fan Rankings) - #3: Return of the Jedi

Top 10 Star Wars Movies (Fan Rankings) - #2: A New Hope

Top 10 Star Wars Movies (Fan Rankings) - #1: The Empire Strikes Back

Star Wars: Breaking Down the Duels - The Last Jedi

The Best Star Wars References in The Simpsons | Disney+ | Now Streaming

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Final Season Official Trailer

How Star Wars: Clone Wars’ Final Season Crosses Over with Revenge of the Sith

Obi-Wan Kenobi Show Put On Hold - IGN Now

Star Wars Episode 9: Colin Trevorrow Confirms the Leak is REAL! - IGN Now

Ron Howard Reflects on Making Solo: "It Was Almost a Rewrite and a Continuation"

I thought it was interesting that the interviewer makes the usual pitch about there being a recently developed “toxicity” in fandom but Ron Howard does not quite agree with it.

Fandom did not change, the product did. Ron Howard seems to say this when he says that both he & George Lucas are all about experimenting with the Star Wars universe and that

“You have to have the courage to sorta hear [the fans] but, y’know, tell the story you wanna tell.”

It should not take courage to give the fans what they want, so this seems to me that Ron Howard knew that the creative choices of Solo were going to get him raked over the coals by the fans. While this implies that he is “falling on his sword” and taking responsibility for making a film that failed with the fans, since he knew that the fandom would respond as it did then why didn’t he just avoid it by making a better movie for the fans?

…and I say this as someone who considers Solo to be the best of the Disney Star Wars Quadrillion.

1 Like
1 Like

Star Wars Shocker: Darth Vader Learns [SPOILER] Survived - IGN Now

2020-02-06T23:40:00Z