Strike Witches / Brave Witches / Luminous Witches

Ep 10

Spoliers!

Ginny isn’t a witch by the end of the episode

3 Likes

League of Nations Air Force Magic Aviation Band Luminous Witches, Ep 11 (Sub), is live at HIDIVE

4 Likes

League of Nations Air Force Magic Aviation Band Luminous Witches, Ep 12 :end: (Sub), is live at HIDIVE

2 Likes

A few non Speaking cameos at the end from a bunch of Night Witches (mainly Sanya & Maj. Schnauffer (from the movie)), but all in all I really enjoyed this show. I’d like a dub, even if you have to go Union on it to get Cherameigh Leigh to dub her 5 seconds of Yoshika lines lol

Spoilers!

Moffy comes back by the end of the episode so Ginny’s a witch again

2 Likes

Watch Luminous Witches Anime VA Unit’s 12th Episode Insert Song Performance Clip

October 21, 2022 7:38pm CDT
The unit will perform at “World Witches Music Festa 2023” on February 5, 2023

4 Likes

HIDIVE @ AX22 Luminous Witches Panel with Mai Narumi, Ami Aimoto & Rino Yoshikita

4 Likes

League of Nations Air Force Aviation Magic Band Luminous Witches Trailer | HIDIVE

3 Likes

Hey, guys. This may not be important to anyone, but want to share.

Strike Witches 501st Take Off is offically out of print, and fetching over $60 on eBay. (Cheapest copy I saw after tax and shipping.)

The Crunchyroll Store apparently still has copies in stock, and if you have the $10 a month plan, you get a 10% discount and free shipping on any purchase over $20

My copy came to under $26 with tax included.

Now, I don’t ever advocate using the Crunchyroll store, but if you really wanted this series, but never got it, here’s possibly the last chance you’ll be able to get it for a reasonable price…

2 Likes

Not to worry as while I like the main Strike Witches Storyline, really didn’t care for the Take Off comedy shorts

3 Likes

I can’t believe I’m saying these words, but S1 of Strike Witches is officially Out Of Print…

And the aforementioned 501st Take Off is sold out at the Crunchy store now as well… I hope anyone here who wanted it was able to get it while they could.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure I have everything.

At least with the first season and second it was in print for a while and had a few rereleases.
Plus season 1 and 2 the JP LE had English subs and dubs.
IMG_2299
JAN/ISBN 4997766619798
IMG_2300
JAN/ISBN 4582194849017

2 Likes

I have all the main series episodes (Seasons 1-2, Brave, The Movie, and Road to Berlin), Hopefully the delay on the release of Luminous from Sentai has to do with the Logistics of getting the LA talent for the hopefully dubbed version. Still would like to see Operation Victory Arrow get a release here.

If they do a dubbed version, I’m hoping in the Sentai credits for the episode their Characters appear in Luminous Witches, that Caitlin Glass, Cherami Leigh and Jennifer Forrester get listed as Special Guest Stars

3 Likes

Okay! That’s something I didn’t know!

Maybe I’ll try to get copies of the Japanese sets if I get some money in soon…

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

I may be wrong about this, but:

S1:
Two different releases of the DVD set, each with different artwork, but appears to be the same discs.
Blu Ray set
S.A.V.E. set (Was still available when Essentials set was released.)
Essentials set

S2:
Limited edition set, with space for S1 Blu Ray set
S.A.V.E. set (Again. Still available when Essentials set was released, and new copies are still available on the Crunchyroll store…)
Essentials set

2 Likes

Yeah it’s just those specific sets though as far as I know. Typically can get both second hand together for under 10,000 yen. Lucky it seems like they over released it so second hand copies show up a lot.

The first season had technically been in print in NA for about 13 years now. They seemed to have kept it stocked all this time until CR decided to not keep stuff in print. Now they say it’s so they can rerelease some of the series under the CR logo. Though we know the guy in charge is one of the types that thinks in the Netflix thought process despite Netflix and others that follow that way constantly loosing money.

I guess what I’m saying there should be enough of the first and Second season around to keep it low in cost for a while. Only reason not is scumbag scalpers hoarding copies so they can scalp them at a high cost.

I understand doing away with the budget lines as it lead to the same problem Sentai had with all those crazy sales. The I’m going to wait to it’s cheap mindset. Now a lot of those people are still in that mindset and they miss out on thing.

The thing in my mind that sucks about no budget line is I discovered a lot good series I’d not have given a chance at $50 or more.

I guess we could see a Collectors Edition of popular series pop up but the bad about that is CR is lazy and just uses the same stuff they or Funimation already put out but with a CR logo added. At least Sentai fixes some of the issues with previous releases even if they are not Collectors Edition’s.

Guess could be worse could go the MB route and somehow make things worse. :rofl:

3 Likes

COUGH 501st Take Off… COUGH

2 Likes

I’m really hoping the delay on the release of Luminoius Witches to Home Video, means they dubbed it, and got the 3 special Guest Stars to reprise their roles for the show, even if the only appear for a short part in one episode

2 Likes