Student Council's Discretion/Seitokai no Ichizon

Student Council’s Discretion/Seitokai no Ichizon

Watch on HIDIVE

Genres: comedy, slice of life
Themes: bishojo, harem, moe, otaku, parody, school, student council
Objectionable content: Significant
Plot Summary: The series, which is also called Hekiyō Gakuen Seito-kaigi Jiroku (The Records of the Hekiyō Academy Student Council’s Activities), revolves around a private high school whose student council is chosen entirely by popularity vote. Because of this, Ken Sugisaki is the only male representative, in the otherwise all bishōjo student council, that may enter the “sacred sanctuary” of the council’s meeting room. At the behest of Council President Kurimu Sakurano (pictured at right), Sugisaki records the minutes of the council meetings, which devolve into daily conversations about the students’ lives and interests.
Number of episodes: 12
Vintage: 2009-10-02 to 2009-12-18

ANN Info Page

Student Council’s Discretion Level 2

Genres: comedy, slice of life
Themes: harem, moe, otaku, parody, school
Plot Summary: Second season of “The Student Council’s Discretion”, published online in the first instance and later on television. The student council members of Hekiyou Academy in Hokkaidō are selected by a popularity contest. As a result the members are usually a group of pretty girls. The sole male member is Ken Sugisaki, who entered the student council by becoming the top-scoring student in the level which he had to cram to achieve.
Number of episodes: 10
Vintage: 2012-10-13

ANN Info Page

Seitokai no Ichizon Light Novels Get More Anime

posted on 2011-03-17 08:44 EDT
Sekina Aoi’s Student Council’s Discretion light novels already inspired 2009 TV anime

New Seitokai no Ichizon Anime Changes Character Designer

posted on 2012-05-18 21:06 EDT
Animation director Masahito Onodo previously worked on Panty & Stocking, Strike Witches 2

New Seitokai no Ichizon’s Streaming Premiere in Japan Set

posted on 2012-08-28 23:19 EDT

Sentai Filmworks Press Release

November 13, 2014

Sentai Filmworks Licenses Student Council’s Discretion

posted on 2014-11-13 15:39 EST
2009 anime streamed on Crunchyroll in 2010

And this is one of the last 2 remaining unlicensed CR Kadokawa titles that Sentai needed to grab since Sentai started using CR for simulcasts (technically SCD Level 2)
The other being Dai-Shogun, but I expect that will follow at some point.

I wonder if this includes both seasons? (SCD & Level 2)

So far, it looks like just Season 1.

Yeah, that was my assumption, but Sentai’s PRs have been known to have mistakes from time to time, so I was kinda curious if it was all inclusive and they just glossed over it, or if it really was just S1.

Just checked, and a Sentai rep says it is only Season 1.

1 Like

Interesting. I did prefer it when their retro announcement came almost hand-in-hand with a release date (eg:Total Eclipse).

I can’t say that I remember this show all that well, but I’m not surprised as I wasn’t too big on the simulcasting back then. On the plus side, by leaving the title in limbo for 5 years it ought to be free of any bluray restrictions lol.

So does this mean that we’ll have to wait for Crunchy to let certain shows go before others can pick them up? That makes me wonder about Funi’s negotiations to get the first season of Free dubbed and released.

Wait a week or two.
It’s very likely on the March slate.

This is my thinking.
With the Free! situation coming to light, it seems very likely that CR had the full rights to this from the Kadokawa/CR deal a few years back.

Which would also explain why Sentai hasn’t announced Level 2 as of yet as well, since they were probably waiting for the SCD rights to become available.

1 Like

Press Release for Student Council’s Discretion Lv.2

January 15, 2015

Sentai Filmworks Licenses Student Council’s Discretion Lv.2

posted on 2015-01-15 18:07 EST
Sequel to 2009 anime by AIC streamed on Crunchyroll in 2013

Those huge, empty eyes on 3 (and the one is pushing the boundary) of those girls in the promo shot are creeping me out. They look soulless.

Season 1 Cover/Disc Art

DVD

Blu-ray

Coming to Anime Network Online

Starts: 2/13/2015
Language: Japanese w/English Subtitles

Student Council’s Discretion, Eps 1-12 (Sub), are live at ANO

These episodes are now listed as FREE!

S2 COMING TO ANIME NETWORK IN MARCH!

STARTING: March 27th 2015
Language: Japanese w/English Subtitles

Season 2 Cover/Disc Art